Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Morning People.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    G
    Greebs

WARNING. This thread is sort of non-canon due to an OOC Snafu. Morgan was delivering a high quality hand-made STEEL knife, not Iron as originally assumed.

Not many people who saw Mal would think her a 'Morning Person'.

They couldn't be further from the truth.

She just looked that miserable, whatever the hour of the day!

She sat behind the counter alone, drumming her fingers, whiling away the lull between the Commuter rush, and everyone else who didn't have to get up in the morning.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan had been a busy little raccoon and wanted to go to bed. But, she was supposed to go to this address for...something she couldn't quite recall. If Morgan could see her Mask she'd find that it had some nice the dark circles under her eyes to match her Mein.

She needed caffiene and hey, that address was a coffee shop! That must have been why she was heading there, right?

Stumbling inside she wasn't paying much attention to her surroundings as she made her way to the counter. The person there seemed familiar and kind Lost-ish. She blinked a couple of times before her brain registered: "Malory? Oh, hellooo-" a yawn interupts her as she shakes her head, "Sorry, tired, deliveries to everybody in Fre--club-thing. How are you?" Her speech lacked its usual rapidity, coming out at a sedate pace.

G
    Greebs

Rubbing her hands on her half-apron absently as she contemplated her third coffee of the morning, Mal's head snapped up at the sound of the door opening.

"...Morgan?" she asked, caught between pleasant surprise at seeing the scatterbrained Racoon, and worry at her zombified shambling. "You sound dire." she said, vocalising all the empathy of a brick.

It was perhaps an odd observation to make. 'You look terrible' would have been a classic. Maybe it just came as part of the Canine package. Coming to rely on all those extra-human senses, rather than being hidebound by the ubiquity of vision.

That and the fact Morgan was a motor-mouth of some notoriety, so actually saying what she meant without any redundancy of wording didn't take much noticing.

Carefully weighing up the wisdom of providing the normally hyperactive beast with Coffee, she was concerned about the degree of uncharacteristic lethargy on display. "Here," she said, sliding an Espresso across the counter with depressingly practised ease. "Drink that, any maybe you will be awake enough to actually order something."

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan just, sorta, nodded her head and accepted the drink, "Thank you." She downed it in one go, then she yawned. After a moment she sniffed and blinked a couple of times. She shook her head before rubbing her eyes.

"Thank you, that is a little better. Brain not as fuzzy wibbly-wobbly now, heh. " She was still groggy but her mind was doing a little better. Her speech was had increased to what others would call a normal pace. Didn't stop another yawn from escaping, "Sorry, heh, long time awake. I think strong coffee, dark roast, be best. Forgot what I was doing for...a...bit..."

Her eyes widen ass he finally show signs of being (mostly) awake. The raccoon smacks herself on the forehead. She turns her head down and starts grumbling at herself, "Stupid raccoon." Looking back up at Malory she gives a weak smile, "Heh, right, remembered I got directions and came here to see you, heh. You are getting double gifts, heh-heh, sorry about forgetting."

G
    Greebs

Mal kept a careful eye on Morgan as muscle memory handled the Coffee side of things. "Hush up until you wake up a little." she cautioned sternly with a worried frown (as opposed to her distinctly different 'I hate you' frown, her 'I'm hungry' frown, her 'I am three seconds from murdering you' frown, and her 'that was a funny joke' frown), as Morgan's tongue made slip after slip.

It was a blessing she herself was such a miserable, antisocial drunk or she'd have got in all kinds of trouble, once upon a not-so-distant time. Loose lips might sink ships, but drowning probably beats being dragged screaming to Arcadia nine times out of ten.

"Wait..." she said, doing a double-take, "What 'gifts'"

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

"Hushin-kay." another yawn is followed by more head shaking. The espresso was starting to kick in. It was helpful enough for Morgan to notice that Malory wasn't as...grumpy as usual. Maybe the wolf was getting more socia? Or maybe she'd had fun spiking the coffees of several assholes with laxatives.

Morgan was at least not nodding her head constantly trying to stay awake now. Oh, Malory had asked her something. What was it, "Oh, right no more hush. Got it. Uh, it was gifts. Yeah, one for everyone from flowery-chocolate addict and one from me to thee, yes yup." She just stood there after that. Then her eyes widened, "Right, I should get those out of the backpack yes."And then Morgan tried to swing the pack to her front off one shoulder. Normally, she'd do this fine. This wasn't normal, so she ended up losing her balance and hopping on one foot. The raccoon looked like she'd tip and fall, but managed to correct herself and stand up straight on both feet. She did get the backpack in front of her though, and slowly opened it to look for the gifts.

G
    Greebs

Mal pinned Morgan with a cynical, arched-eyebrow look. People didn't just give her presents. I mean okay, there had been that Blanket at Christmas, but it was far too comfy to resent. And it had been from Ava... so that didn't count.

'Flowery, chocolate...'? Shit. What the crap was Dominyk playing at this time?

And why was Morgan buying her gifts? Some sort of terrified offering to appease the hysterical Wolfy?

Okay, that would be kind of funny...

Swaying backwards like the consummate professional she was, mug in each hand as Morgan did the dance of the terminally unsteady, she slid one across the counter.

"Careful." she chided. "It is your ass if you break anything."

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

The oblivious raccoon didn't notice the wolf's look as she dug the gifts out. One was a pretty little box with a ribbon on it, everybody in town was getting that one. The other looked like two shoebox lids put together, covered in Sunday comics, and held together with duct tape. Staring at the two she nodded to herself. These were the things. She made to offer them to Malory, "Heh, have them and not breaking things no-nope. Here...uh-heh-heh," A confused look grew on her face as she looked between the coffees and the gifts. Right, that'd be trouble.

A quick toss of the prettier gift had it bounced on the larger one a couple times. Then it slid down and with a little fidgeting Morgan gripped both in one hand. Now she offered the two gifts whilst accepting the coffee with her free hand, "Thank you. The little one I'm delivering to everyone in Free-club for client. The bigger one...heh, I was supposed to give it to eeeeverybody at the alley knife class. Eh-heh, forgot but badly wrapped late gift better then no gift...really, I truly I am sorry about it being late." The smile she finished with sported some of her trademark nervousness.

She'd wait on simping the coffee. No point in accidentally dropping the gifts.

G
    Greebs

Displaying her intellectual superiority over the prey species, Mal put her coffee down before taking the packages from Morgan. She gave the carefully presented package a cursory glance, sniffed it once, and carelessly ditched it behind the till. Obligation Chocolate from Dominyk-the-inscrutably-infuriating didn't interest her.

The far more slapdash, obviously personal gift from Morgan herself was far more worth her time. She spirited a small Knife from one of the many pockets adorning her skirt and speedily disassembled the wrapping, catching the heavy blade that dropped from the end with deft hands.

The heavy blade. She had a gut feeling by the way it sat in her hand with a weight that went beyond simple mass that this weapon would split Fae magics as easily as the well kept edge would split the flesh beneath it.

With care, she placed the iron blade on the counter atop it's wrappings and stared at it in silence for several moments. "Morgan." she said, with a quietly threatening air. "What is this?"

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan sipped the precious wake-up liquid. She closed her eyes and let the warm caffiene flow through her. Yup, that was helping. Sadly, the raccoon didn't quite get what Malory was asking. Well, not at first, "Uh, a iron dagger." There was no saracasm in her tone, though quite a bit of confusion.

How could Malory not know what it is? It should be plainly obvious what it was and the wolf was really good with a knife. She had to know it was a dagger...Unless...that isn't what she meant. Morgan's eyes widened as she finally realized what Malory was actually asking: what was the reason for the gift.

Yeah, she really needed this coffee. But at least she got it, "Ooooh, heh-heh. Um right, gifts I bought from Marcus. Supposed to give them out at the end of the class: thank you for putting up with stupid raccoon sorta thing," she paused and put on a nervous smile before continuing: "Um, but I kinda forgot to give 'em out after sparring with you, heh-heh....you are scary good at knifing by the way."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.