Ended
Watch

Grimoire Meeting

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    B
    Beej

The table that dominates the Private Library of the Ordo chapterhouse is arrayed for the evening's discussion. At each chair is a print out of a summary of facts about the history of the evening's topic along with a pen and pad of paper from the large stock the Grand Wyrm bought in bulk from Office Depot.

In the middle of the table lay a book similar in size and style of binding one would associate with a college text book, resting on a white cloth. The cover and binding is warped with water stains, the spine cracked and pages stick out ever so slightly at odd angles. At a glance one might assume it had been a botched printing and had been consigned to the trash and retrieved much later. The ridiculous and laughable name inscribed in faded and cracked on the spine is 'Necrotelenomicon'. But appearances, as any kindred will tell you, are deceiving. Castellan himself had dismissed the book at the mention of it's name and had almost not opened it. But he had and in it were hints of things that should not have been it's the pages. Small glimpses of occult knowledge and tidbits concerning the dead that he had only ever read about in conjunction with the haunting of wyrn nests. Someone had tried to slip in the truth into a book of fiction and games.

ooc

The little old monk stands behind the chair at the head of table with his hand resting on top of it. Tonight he is dressed in his black cassock, rosary and a blue sash belted at the waist. Gone is his usual jovial demeanor and Blush of Life, which few if any can remember him without. He is perfectly still save for a band of prayer beads he turns over in his other hand which is behind his back.

His gaze lingers on the door to the library. It is quite possible that in their discussion and examination of the grimoire, 'uninvited guests' might decide to grace meeting with their unwanted presence. In anticipation of such an occurrence, the Tismanu had drew upon the gifts the Almight Father had blessed his line with and concentrated the room with divine protection. Any being attempting to enter without his permission would find it a surprising proposition.

Eupraxia 4 - Refuge of Forbiddance: 1sux invocation (the library); 2suxx on Power Effect
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-03-07 18:53:49 Teo rolls 8 to Refuge Forbiddance (Pres+Intim(-1)+Euprax+2Mod) (10 Again) 3, 9, 6, 1, 7, 2, 10, 3, 1 2 successes
    2014-03-07 18:52:55 Teo rolls 8 to Refuge Forbiddance (Pres+Intim(-1)+Euprax+2Mod) (10 Again) 2, 3, 4, 5, 1, 6, 9, 7 1 success

Any Dragon who walks through the doors of the private library will feel for an instant, a barrier of invisible resistance and tingling before both sensations disappear. Any mortal or supernatural being (other than a Dragon) must make a Resolve+Advantage to enter the room. Failure sends them fleeing, success will inflict 4B on the individual.

Katsuro Tomori

Korvin had arrived first, it seemed. Ever eager to lend a hand the former ghoul put out his cigar on the back of his boot and locked his truck, looking fondly at what had become his favorite bit of architecture in the city. He had received a summons, and wondered if it was regarding the book Teo had purchased when they had run into each other at the Market. Korvin himself had been busy studying his own purchases lately, and welcomed the break in the grind.

He was dressed typically, vest, shirt, rings, et cet and when he entered the library there was a strange feeling that wasn't quite the norm. It reminded him of when his leg or foot would fall asleep as a mortal, or that static channel on some televisions. Shrugging it off he kept on till he was within a few footsteps of the Castellan and bowed respectfully. "Good evening Castellan, I hope the night is treating you well." he gave a genuine smile, always happy to see a fellow Romani.
    Katsuro Tomori Presence 1 (Reserved) H:7 V:5 (Blush) W:6 French Japanese English

C
    Crafty Cultist

Luke knocked twice on the door before entering the library, a backpack slung around one shoulder. His outfit was fairly plain, jeans, a dress shirt and a jacked, without much in the way of accessories. He felt the field as he entered the room. Is that an effect of the tome? I should ask about that at some point

Luke closed the door behind him. Good Evening, Castellan. I saw the notice you put out. Luke gazed hungrily at the book. "Is this the tome you have acquired?"

Noticing Korvin, Luke turned to him and offered his hand. "I don't believe we've met. I'm Luke, pleased to meet you."

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)
    Aspect of the Predator active outside Elysia

PRE

Michael walks into the Chapterhouse arriving, as usual, using his Porsche and wearing a semi-casual expensive dark suit. He's been making frequent trips here recently working on deepening his understanding of the occult mysteries and both his movements and gait look practiced as he walks up the door, knocks politely and then opens it.

The tingling he feels as he enters the Library feels weird especially since his body is quite devoid of life so there is nothing to tingle.

Psychosomatic? Better ask before I start thinking I need to take measures against slowly going insane.

"Good evening, everyone. I'm Michael Redfill, Supplicant of Terror. Are there new security measures of some sort, Castellan? The Library feels... different."

Noting the tingling
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-03-07 22:23:53 Michael Redfill rolls 5 to be perceptive (Comp + Wits) (10 Again) 7, 3, 10, 1, 4, 8 2 successes
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1
    Aspect of the Predator active everywhere because Deputy
    Status(Academia) 3 (PhD Scholar)
    Sanguine Scribe of Terror
    Default Vitae: 9/10

L
    Lobo Argost

Liara got out of her car and limped into the Chapterhouse, feeling the field as she passed the threshold. New security measures? Or just for the meeting? She was dressed in a red cocktail dress that had red accents and was slitted to show her legs, was backless, and showed a tantalizing amount of her cleavage. Her black leather purse was hung on her left shoulder, and she had some mascara and lipstick on. "Good evening, everyone. I hope you're all well." Spying the book in the middle of the table, she arched an eyebrow. "Is that book what all the fuss is about? By all accounts, it's just a shoddy printing job. But I'm betting there's far more to it than meets the eye."

Hildegarde Bingen,
    The Liberated Puppet
    Hildegarde
    Scene Info

Skeleton Keys: Closet

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 4/11
    Willpower: 1/4
    Health: [][][][][][][]

Skeleton Keys: Cotouri

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 6/11
    Willpower: 3/4
    Health: [_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_]
    Resilience Active

Theatre Night

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 10/11
    Willpower: 4/4
    Health: [][][][][][][]
    BLUSH Active

+1
    SL
    PRE

Iago had been ecstatic when Hildegarde had volunteered to go out for the evening. The mistress had gone into one of her quiet cycles with the turning of the year, forcing him to forage for her food while she sat, immobile as a statue, staring vacantly at the wall. So when she had finally stirred herself, he had laid out a number of options for the nights activities: Opera; Clubbing; A quiet night out at a venue of excellence.

Heeding the summons of the Order had not been one of his suggestions.

Grinding his teeth sourly, he watched as his mistress exited the car. Her movement was one of flowing poise: clutch bag sliding under her arm while she smoothed her skirts with her other, flawless, hand. She swept triumphantly to the door like a noble summoned to court. Iago hissed as he was once again relegated to the metaphorical dark, reduced to playing the servant once again. At least he could finish the book he had been reading.

Hildegarde strode into the library like a model on the catwalk. If she felt the resistance of the ward as she crossed its threshold, the Lord did not show it. Moving exquisitely she claimed a chair for herself and seemed, at last, to shake off her reverie.

"Hello...?" The Lord breathed uncertainly, seeing an array of faces she did not recognise.
    Blood Potency 3|Vitae 11/1|Willpower 4/4|Health 7/7| Doll Face

C
    Casitive

Rolling his shoulders to adjust the lay of his satchel, David bends to secure his pea-green pedal bike to the wooden veranda. He was not alone on the lonely road that led to the Chapter House. Wrapped in steel, aluminum, and carbon fiber Dragons descended; passing the overlooked Mortician on his bike. The white of their headlamps and the red of their tail lights, looked like eyes to David, as they slithered through the forest.

Finished with his bike and checking his watch, David headed into the Chapter House and up to the private library; hands in the pockets of his tan-colored slacks. The sleeve of a blazer slipped out from his satchel while David moved quietly up the stairs. When he reached the top of the flight, he paused and glanced behind him to the closed door before heading in.

Which, presented a bit of an oddity in and of itself. The current of power that David had come to expect in the private library was joined, now, with a vague sense of Déjà vu. The feelings of resistance and tingling was both unexpected and familiar all at the same time. The Mortician put it out of his thoughts for now.

Most, if not all of the Dragons already here are people David's already met and he silently greeted them with a raised hand. Noting the stock-still Tsimanu's rather serious demeanor, David only nodded respectfully in the Castellan's direction. Choosing a chair at the rear of the table, David took up his leaflet from the top of the neat pile of materials and scanned its contents.

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

Parking her Chevrolet Cruze in the Chapterhouse yard, Aïleen noticed she was probably among the latest arrivals.

The petite Mekhet hurriedly walked the familiar stairs to the Library, and entered inconspicuously. She wore a casual white top with jean denims, and carried her laptop in a backpack. She had entered the room countless time, and something felt different. She made a mental note of it, but couldn't spare more time thinking about it, and instead joined the other Dragons already present. To her surprise, she noticed two new faces, and knew she would have to introduce herself... repressing a sigh, she abided by the customs.

"Good evening. Sorry if I'm late, I hope I'm not bothering." she said while slipping in a free chair and sparing a glance at the book and Teo. Something was obviously up.

"I'm Aïleen McFarlane, Supplicant of Terror." she said to the young man, and the girl from the outburst at Court.

B
    Beej

Teo nodded to the jovial Slave. "I am, thank you very much. I hope the evening has been for you as well." The man added extra life in the quiet sea of their family and the monk appreciated that.

"Good evening Supplicant." he nodded to Caldon. The man had been scarce recently and the monk had hoped the man had not succumbed to the wanderlust that city seemed to imbue those who passed through it.

"Ah, Supplicant Redfill. Yes, I sanctified the library for this gathering. I would rather be overly cautious then risk the uninvited." While not all those gathered might necessarily accept the Lord, that did not mean He did not look after them.

When the Grand Wyrm's student waltzed in the Monk suppressed an eyebrow twitch of irritation. Unless the girl was Sworn of the Axe the massive quantities of red at a formal gather could get her in considerable trouble. In domains he had passed through over the decades, the ire of people wearing colors of the Sworn, even inadvertently, could lead penalties levied. "Indeed it is Slave Shepard and quite bit more."

Saints champion my need of patience to the Almight Father. he through as the ventrue arrived. "Good evening Supplicant. Please," he gestures to the table. "have seat."

Teodor returned Regan's nodded with his own and "Supplicant." The man was even more silent than Aileen but he was very sharp. The stereotype of a Dragon and a Shadow.

At Aileen's arrive Teo shook his head and had a touch of a smile for an instant. "Not late at all Supplicant, not at all." He lapsed back into silent sentry of the door. Only those who he willed could enter and he did not wished to harm or embarrassment to any of his fellows.

Katsuro Tomori

Korvin had waited with purpose, giving an apologetic smile to Luke until after the Castellan and fellow Romani had spoken. He responded first to the Castellan in good nature, "Absolutely, it's been a good evening. I've been mostly entrenched in study these past few nights, the drive was nice and this will be a welcome respite from my slight hermitage." spoke the romani with his quick accentuated english.

He then turned to Luke "A pleasure t'meet you, I'm Slave Korvin." he said simply with an easy going grin. He offered his right hand, clad in it's jeweled rings though carefully picked so as not to be of any Sworn colors, a minor thing but one he felt important..

Which was why he arched an eyebrow as Liara appeared, clad in the axes bloody color. It was only briefly and his face revealed no judgment, mostly curiosity, and a certain pleased growl in the back of his mind agreed with the subject of his curiosity. Maybe he hadn't been getting out enough, or maybe it was just his beasts reaction to the large gathering of new potential threats, though the presence of the shadows in the covenant made that less so than he imagined it might be at other gatherings. As more people filed in Korvin decided to move back out of the way somewhat so others could continue their introductions. As he did so he peered over at the book, curios as to the title trying to see if it was something he might be familiar with, but nothing came to mind off the top of his head.

Date Action Roll Result
    2014-03-11 00:38:40 Korvin Angustri rolls 5 to Int+Occult (10 Again) 2, 3, 2, 1, 3 failure

Deciding it would be best to wait till Teo, who was currently busy, had called things to order Korvin decided to watch everyone else curiously as they gave out their introductions, deciding it was better not to be the spotlight for now he simply stood back, after giving polite but brief greetings to any known superiors that seemed to notice him.
    Katsuro Tomori Presence 1 (Reserved) H:7 V:5 (Blush) W:6 French Japanese English

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.