1 - 10
DISPLAYED
The Sign Said to Come Here (Open)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

-1 Glamour to harden Mask

Having resurfaced recently, the Darkling had been exploring Sacramento once more, looking for signs of the Lost within the city. He had managed to spot a few of them, one of which mentioned an establishment called the "Blue Note" as a place of gathering for the Silent Arrow. Figuring that would be the best place to start, and likely the safest, Degnar headed in the direction of the jazz club.

As he neared the establishment, he stopped dead on his tracks. He tilted his head slightly to one side, studying the place closely. He recalled that his Queen had warned the Court about an establishment called Maxine's at one point, and from what he remembered...this was the place! However, the sign above the entrance said otherwise. Perhaps the ownership of the establishment had changed hands? Or was this all merely a trap?

There is only one way to find out...

He had hardened his Mask for a reason, so if this was indeed a trap, he hoped his tactic would earn him a few seconds to make a quick getaway. While the Tunnelgrub preferred to lay low and not call much attention to himself, he expected to stick out like a sore thumb in such a fine establishment. At least he was glad that there wasn't a NO LOITERING sign hanging by the windows.

Maybe I won't get thrown out right away, he thought to himself as he entered the club.

2. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post
    E
    ErlangShen

Sam was out exploring his new home. He ought to get to know the territory that he would eventually be harvesting from. Dressed in his unique attire and top hat, the Lurker walked down the street. In his left hand a wooden cane engraved with a green vine etched by black around its leaves, tapped the ground with each step.

"What will you do with a drunken whaler?" he "sung" tunelessly.

The blue eyes of his Mask scoured the area for other Lost. His pumpkin mouth frowned for a moment. No one to chat with? Such a pity for him. Then he stopped before the jazz club, still "singing" to himself in a low voice.

Tilting his head to the left, he read the NO LOITERING sign. His glowing eyes squinted in amusement. A "psh" escaped his lips. It was an icon to invoke "fear." An icon that was poorly implemented and ineffective. Who the hell's gonna enforce that?

Twirling his cane idly, "Way hey up she rises..." then entered the club.

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

Degnar had just entered the club, looking around the place for the first time. He wondered if he was in the right place, but he was certain the sign he had read had stated that this jazz club was a place where those of the Winter Court gathered. Unsure of what to do next, he stood idly by the door as someone else entered behind him.

The Darkling turned his head slightly to take a look at the man, if one could call him that. He blinked twice, not recognizing the other Lost. Must be someone who arrived after I left, he thought to himself in silence, questioning his next course of action. The stranger did not seem to be a member of the Onyx Court, but one could never be too sure. Figuring it was best to greet the man, Degnar tipped the brim of his hat in the direction of the Lurker.

"Hello," he said in a monotone voice.

E
    ErlangShen

Who is this? He wondered silently. Why had this inconspicuous man seek out the cane-wielding Pumpkin? What a fetching hat! It was probably because of the hat too. Stylish hats were rare nowadays. That was the only logic he could arrive at.

"Good evening sir," a polite voice replied - but to a Lost's ears, it carried a sinister undertone. "I am new in town. I stumbled across this fine establishment." He extended a hand in greeting, "Sam. Sam Hain."

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

If the sinister undertones of the man's voice bothered Degnar, his blank expression didn't show any sign of it. To be fair, they didn't show any signs of much else either. "Oh...well, I'm not new," replied the Tunnelgrub in what was likely not a very helpful response. "I was away for a while, but I have recently returned." He fell silent after saying those words, missing the point of an introduction for a few seconds.

"Sam?" he said, repeating the stranger's name as he looked down at the offered hand. "Right. I'm Degnar," he added after an awkward pause, stretching his own hand to meet the man's handshake.

E
    ErlangShen

The Lurker gave a curious look as the fellow paused before shaking. Giving a firm grip to the man's hand as he shook, "Degnar?," he repeated questioningly, "I hope I am pronouncing that properly." That was an unusual name to go by.

"So you have returned to Sacramento," congratulating the stranger pointedly with a tap of his cane on the ground. "I'm looking to get to know the city better," his voice became jovial, even if contradicted by the sound produced by warped vocal cords, "You know the usuals. Where to go, what to see," tilting his head to the left and whispering lowly, "where not to go," then resuming his pleasant tone, "Things of that nature."

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

The Tunnelgrub offered a slight shrug in response. "That sounds about right," he said to Sam in regards to the pronunciation of his name. He had never really thought about it, and it wasn't a big deal to him if people pronounced it correctly or not anyway.

He listened to the other Darkling speak, nodding his head a couple of times. "This used to be a place I was told not to go to," he said to the Lurker, giving another nonchalant shrug. "It wasn't safe...but looks like things have changed." Degnar paused for a moment, taking a quick look around the establishment. "Including the name," he added as his eyes shifted their attention back to Sam.

"I used to know the city well," he explained in his monotone voice. "Not sure if much else has changed though." It had been slightly over a year since he had fled the Freehold after all, and if Maxine's was now Blue Note, who knows what other changes could have occurred during his absence. "I've felt a little...Lost since coming back," he added, hoping that the word would clue the man as to his own nature.

E
    ErlangShen

"Lost." That was the clue as to why the stranger chose to speak to him. The Darkling's Pumpkin grin curled upward. Oh, ho, ho. I may have found a friend in disguise.

He nodded and affirmed his understanding in return, "I was Lost for a good long time too. I found my way home. Things changed." A momentary flicker of sadness appeared before resuming the flow of the conversation, "From what you say here about this place, I do hope it was for the better." The Lurker aimed the tip of the cane toward the club, "I can't imagine what nasty things could have gone on here."

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan had yet to attend a show at the Blue Note. Partially due to timing and also to avoid being made to sing karaoke. She'd no desire to stand up in front of a crowd, the center of all attention, trying to do something she was probably bad at BEFORE Arcadia, and freaking out until everyone laughed at her. Such "fun" was for other fools, thank you very much.

But it seemed popular with the Lost. She should scope things out. Know where it was and, always important, where the exits from the place were. She'd already checked the sides and roof of the building. The emergency exits and staff entrances were easy enough to locate.

When she got to the front of Blue Note she sighed in annoyance at the sign that read "NO LOITERING." Great. Gonna have to order something so I don't get thrown out! No karaoke though, no-no, probably would get thrown out if did. As she entered the club, her mind unfocused, she almost ran into a couple of dudes wearing nice hats.

"Eep-uh-oh, s-sorry sorry!" Morgan stumbled, leaves kicked up as her Mantle flared. A little hop backwards was all she needed to regain her balance before scooting off to the side and aroudn the two men. A glance up at them was all it took for her to recognize the pumpkin-headed man from the Midsummer event. The man with the hat, she didn't recognize. A mundane maybe? She addressed Sam, "Oh, heh-hi-hi again. R-recognize you from that club meeting, yes? D-don't think we talk then. Oh, sor-sorry, didn't plan-intend to indy-rupt you and fien-friend here, no-nope. Nice hats both."

She resisted the urge to face palm when she threw in the last blurt. Instead, she just put on a stupid, friendly grin. Nice hats? Truth, but really? That is what you came up with? No wonder folks think I'm stupid. If Sam was meeting with the mundane, she would just leave them be.

11. Likes Forn Clakes, Jag liked this post

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

Degnar shrugged in response to Sam's words about the establishment they found themselves in. "No idea to be honest," he said to the other Darkling. "I was simply told to stay clear of this place. Well, it had a different name back then...but yeah, this is my first time here." He paused after saying those words, studying the place once more. "Definitely a change for the better though..." he said, letting his words trail off.

No longer being owned by a possible Gentry is definitely a step up, he thought to himself as he took a closer look at the decor. Besides, the name Maxine's was sort of tacky anyway...

Just as he turned his attention back to the other Lost, a girl almost ran into them. The Tunnelgrub took a step back, tilting his head slightly to one side as he studied the Steepescrambler. He couldn't remember if he had ever met the girl, at least properly, but he had a vague recollection of having seen her around the Freehold before. "Hello," he said to her as he tilted his head back to its original place. "You look familiar," he added in his monotone voice, trying to get a clearer memory of when and where he may have seen her.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread