Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
(WotS) Discovery

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    C
    Casitive

Much like them, the dealer Kiko and Bishop see sticks out but, for different reasons. He didn't seem college age'd or the life on the street have robbed him of that vim and vigor that College Students seem to rely on (even if it usually meant trouble). In its place, was the thousand yard stare of someone trapped beneath the chains and bindings of the way the world is, rather than the belief in what the world ought to be.

That thousand yard stare was scanning the club like a salesman at a used car lot.

Another, a young girl with strawberry blonde hair materializes near him, and a small square of cash is exchanged for something too hard to see in the relative darkness of the club. Her smile suggests a first-timer, unaware of what she has just bought.

Caveat Emptor.

C
    Casitive

48 Hour Nudge

Bishop

Presence: ●●● (Professional)

Status (News Media): ●
    Status (Concealed Firearms License): ●●
    Status (P.I.): ●
    Status (Consilium): ●
    Status (Guardian of the Veil): ●

Bishop was not sure, if the lady had heard him over the noise. Too much buzzing and merrymaking was interfering with any kind of serious conversation. This however posed a certain problem to the elderly looking Moros. He did not fit in here. Kiko on the other hand was a little more credible in a place like this, which meant she would be capable of procuring a sample of the drug much easier. But the window of opportunity was closing, Bishop sensed it. The hour was late and the supplier was unlikely to stay around and see the effects on his customers.
    <At least that would be what I would do. If I even knew how to do it. But what the hell, no pain no gain.> he thought, trying to suppress a little nervous butterfly, which had just taken off inside his guts.
    "I'll be right back." he said over the din. He did not add the "...if I am lucky." which was sounding in between his ears where his brain was about to drown in a wave of adrenaline.
    Taking a few deep breaths, Bishop shoved himself through the masses, taking measured steps and calming himself, while he approached the dealer.
    The butterfly in his stomach suddenly decided, that his own flapping wings were no longer enough and settled for a commercial airplane. In a crash dive. With Mach 2.

Bishop swallowed and looked the man in the eye.
    "Hey man, got anything to help me relax and kill the pain?"
    Health: [][][][][][][] | Willpower: ●●●OO | Basic Mana: 6/11 |
    „Spoken.“ | Thought | Done
    War is worse than Hell - in Hell, there are no innocent bystanders...

k
    kimura

Sorry.. no idea where my post went to... Let me try this again.. and improvise..

Kiko had nodded to Bishop and had turned to go do what he's ask of her only her eyes go wide with pain as her left leg's muscles decided all the jogging was far to much and they were quite frankly sick of it..

"Damn it.." she grimaced and leaned against the counter rubbing her thigh as needle sharp pins felt like they were taking target practice on her body.

Wonderful Kiko.. Just wonderful.. get asked to help someone and then what.. "oh no Sir I can't my body refuses to move..".. Idiot..

Her breath came in almost pained gasps as she closed her eyes and gritted her teeth.

C
    Casitive

Somewhere, a butterfly flaps its wings. The small push of air flutters a leaf, push of air becomes a breeze and it, eventually, becomes a storm. Who knows what the fluttering of the wings in Bishop's stomach hailed. But, maybe, that saying was also a load of bull and man took and made their own luck.

Weaselly is the single word that can describe the dealer. A hood, five-o'clock shadow, and a pair of very bushy brows. One of which raises in suspicion at the old Moros approaching him. “Don't know what you are talking about,” the man says though Bishop could almost hear the 'Old Man,' the dealer left out. The dealer hunches over and he scans the crowds, looking for a quick escape should Bishop turn out to be a Narc.

Miach

PRE

While Miach had been oblivious to the man that interested Bishop, he now noticed him at last. Why that one would be the target of an Awakened ? Perhaps it was because he was here for Glo, but his first thought was that the man was his quarry.

Focusing on him from his place, the tall Enchanter quickly scrutinized the man.
      1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-04-05 17:46:37 Miach rolls 6 to Int 3 + Occ 2 + Supernal Vision 1 (10 Again) 5, 4, 1, 10, 4, 4, 1 1 success

Bishop

Bishop was about to swear massively in his thoughts, but then he realized something. Being a little angry helped settle his mind. Plus, what was there to get angry about? <Frigging right, I am old. Older then you.>
    He composed himself and managed a canted grin.

"Ok, fine, you don't know what I am talking about. I don't fit in. You are right. But I was in college once and I know how the frat parties work, which is why I came here. No need to take off. I'll show you something."
    Bishop moved his hands to about where his belly button was and opened his collared shirt. He moved the folds away just to reveal a little of the two massive scars, where the two bullets had struck him in a dark alleyway in Portland all those years ago.
    "I can tell you one thing. It still hurts considerably and only a tad less then the time those were fresh." He closed the shirt again and fixed the dealer with his eyes.
    "I got prescriptions. Opiates in the first year. After that, somewhat lesser shit. I can get Mary Jane and took grass in all blends, legally and illegally available. Now my liver is giving out. The guy I usually got my stuff from won't supply anything else. So you can luxuriate and give the little naive kids there dose of happiness and pretend you have no idea what I am talking about. Or you can behave like a businessman and cut me a deal."
    Bishop produced a fifty-dollar bill out of his pocket. "You can even give me the FNG-treatment and sell me shit with 50% flour or baking soda in it. I really don't much care. I just want to sleep for a full night without yelping at midnight, when I roll over."

4 success to persuade
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-04-06 15:06:58 Bishop rolls 9 to convince the dealer (Manipulations 3 + Persuasion 1 + First Impression 2 + Willpower) (10 Again, WillPower) 8, 3, 3, 7, 10, 1, 3, 2, 6, 10, 10, 1 4 successes

C
    Casitive

Miach saw the world as it really was. Though 'saw' was not the best word to describe how the world looked, really looked, to him. Perhaps, a better word would be 'experienced.' Despite his demonic cravings, the world was right in his eyes; the world so banished of the Secrets and Lies that coat everything and everyone. It was what was meant by being Awake and to see with eyes unclouded. Still, the Acanthus knew that seeing and understanding what he saw could sometimes be two different things.

When the cautious Miach turned his attention to the Weaselly Dealer, he caught that the man was indeed, a Sleeper. The taste of his aura and the threads before his eyes, were depressingly banal. It lacked the vibrancy one expects with the Awakened.

Small, beady eyes of the Dealer peer at Bishop from beneath his hood. Trying to discern Bishop's motives wasn't just a business decision, it was fueled by a sense of self-preservation. The motive was well-placed, but the man was still just a low-level pusher and it showed.

Seeing Through? 1 Success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-04-07 13:47:02 Dealer rolls 4 to Wits 2 + Empathy 2 (10 Again) 3, 6, 8, 5 1 success

Wrinkling his nose, the Pusher reached for the fifty-dollar bill, exchanging deftly for a small dime-bag. “Long as you pay, my man. I don't give a shit what you do with it.” His glance moved back and forth, making sure no one else was watching but he missed Miach's intent gaze, entirely. The club was dark, dingy, and crowded. “It's the newest shit to hit the street,” the pusher tells Bishop archly, “I hear the trip it gives is something else. It gets the adrenaline junkies anyway.”

It was an attempt to get Bishop to buy more, talking up the newest of the new.

“It's even better than that fake shit coming out of China made to dodge drug-testing.”

Bishop

Bishop gave a half-hearted shrug. "Well, I wouldn't know about it." he answered, while the package vanished in one of his pockets. "At any rate, if this stuff is what I am looking for, I might come back. Later." He left the ambivalence of the word hang in the air and gave a mock salute, before turning to leave.

To lay off suspicions about his affiliates, Bishop took a direct route towards the door, evading both Kiko and Miach, so that the dubious trader would not make any connection. He left the club and took a walk until he was at least one block away, before he took out his cellphone.

Miach

PRE

The drab man seemed unimportant, and Miach started wondering whether he had been a lead indeed, or not. When Bishop quickly strode out of the club without a glance though, he immediatly thouhgt that something was amiss. Taking Kiko by the elbow, he leaned and nudged her out. "Let's leave. Something's... weird..." it was hard for the Acanthus who craved his fix, but his life was worth more than that.

He was on his way out when he felt his phone buzz against his tigh. Miach took it out to read a text, and showed it to the young Shaman. "We in ?" he asked. kimura

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread