Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(WotS) Discovery

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    C
    Casitive

“Sure,” The Bartender replied, plucking up a glass with deft fingers and filling it with the clear-fizzy drink. “Can I see some ID.” He then asks Kiko discreetly, leaning forward as he passes the drink her way while making a pointed glance around the room. The Bartender leans back with a patient smile, waiting for Kiko's ID to be fished out to declare her of age to be in the establishment.

“...ca OD'd on it, I hear the other night at a pa--.”

“ Is she oka--?”

Bits and pieces of conversations waft into everyone's ears. Unlike the college kids with their sweatshirts, insecurities, and lack of foresight on their sleeves, the Magi were here for something. Information. A clue. Anything.

“--ant some of the new stuff. Gotta impress the frat. I don't want the us--.”

“--ink tabs are the best...do you have --?”

Miach

It has been too long since the last hit, the Acanthus valiantly trying to keep himself clean. But, the shadows near him were darker, somehow and in the corner of his eye, something flickered past him. It was hard to tell if it was real or his imagination somehow playing tricks as it ached for more GLO. If the Mage glanced in that direction, nothing but the vibrancy of youth glanced back at him.

Miach's arm itched, but there was nothing there.

Surprisingly, Bishop and Kiko seemed more tangible than the swirling mass of young people around them.

The promise of a nearby dealer, though, touched the Medstar's ear.

Bishop

Presence: ●●● (Professional)

Status (News Media): ●
    Status (Concealed Firearms License): ●●
    Status (P.I.): ●
    Status (Consilium): ●
    Status (Guardian of the Veil): ●

Bishop kept a wary eye in the general direction, form where the fragment "...do you have..." had come. He tried to pinpoint the people involved and isolate the one, who was apparently the intermediate dealer.

"Well, today I work mostly for myself. Call it an informal gathering of material for an article. An acquaintance of mine has touched me off on something. So step one is to procure items." Bishop mouthed absent minded.
    While keeping an eye on the swirling mass of students, he continued.
    "Step two would involve finding either a chemist, biologist or medical doctor. But first things first." His mouth twitched in a miserable attempt to display some humor. "On the plus side, I get out more."
    Health: [][][][][][][] | Willpower: ●●●OO | Basic Mana: 6/11 |
    „Spoken.“ | Thought | Done
    War is worse than Hell - in Hell, there are no innocent bystanders...

Miach

PRE

Miach was no less absent-minded than the other man, his mind already bent on procuring some... stuff.

"Funny that I happen to be a medical doctor, and a passable biologist to boot..." he replied.

Shuddering, he wondered what the Shadows wanted, and it painfully reminded him of the shadows in a fateful basement of ill memory. Struggling to keep his fear in rein, he stood up, and nodded to Bishop, before noticing... Kiko ! The tall Acanthus hunched gauchely, and started toward the possible source of comfort, hoping to avoid the young mystagogue's notice. He already felt shameful enough...

k
    kimura

Slipping out her ID, which was amazing for someone with such good genes as she, showing it to the bartender she was indeed.. old enough to be in the establishment, just barely though.

Taking her drink when offered she looked at Maich with a small smile, a worried one obviously, but a smile none the less then a polite nod of the head to Bishop before speaking to Maich.

"I hope you are well Sir, I've been worried about you as of late since well.. you know"

C
    Casitive

Crowded as the bar was, it was tough to pin-point exactly where the voices were all coming from. There was however a promise. A promise in the air of what one man in the trio ached for and another considered a lead towards something bigger. It would take a perceptive mind, knowing the tale-tell signs to find the needle in the proverbial haystack.

The SAE Brother seems to have gained a bit of courage and was attempting to thread himself through the crowd towards Kiko.

Roll Wits + Streetwise – 2 Emphasis such as Black Market, applies. On success You see a man in a corner, passing what you can only assume to be what you are looking for.

Bishop

Bishop glanced at the nervous man. He did not look like a doctor, but then again, this was no hospital and Bishop came to the conclusion, that he did no look like a doctor, because he was not wearing scrubs.
    "Well, my good sir, in that case let me get back to you, once I have actually managed to take step one."
    <...as if I'd ever find a dealer in here. I've never even needed drugs. How the hell do you do this? - Excuse me, but I need a trip-chip and you strike me as the providing sort of guy?> he thought, while still looking around the room.

3 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-03-25 16:54:36 Bishop rolls 5 to indentify dealer (Wits 3 + Streetwise 1 - 2 +WP) (10 Again, WillPower) 9, 10, 2, 7, 9, 4 3 successes

Then he saw the little plastic bag changing hands in the corner. <You have to be kidding me...>
    Bishop was not sure how to approach this, so he did the only reasonable thing. He thought about how to approch the guy and until an opportunity presented itself, he would think of something.

C
    Casitive

Nudge! kimura Bigpaw

k
    kimura

Sorry! I forgot and flaked! >.<

Date Action Roll Result
    2014-03-28 17:53:20 Kiko rolls 2 to Wits + Streetwise -2 (10 Again) 6, 8 1 success

Kiko studied Maich a moment, the obvious worry evident in her expression before turning her attention to Bishop a moment and starting to say something before cocking her head a moment towards the man in the back

Well now.. this is odd.. but then again.. I do love a good mystery ..

Looking up at Bishop she smiled a little understanding his expression pretty easy "Hello again Sir, I see we both may be seeing something the cat drug in?"

Miach

PRE

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-03-29 07:20:34 Miach rolls 1 to Wits 3 + Streetwise 0 - Untrained 1 - ST Penalty 2 (10 Again, Chance) 3 failure

Alas, the jittery Miach failed to slip unnoticed by Kiko, and when she talked to him, the only thing he could do was mutter barely audible reassurances that he was fine, while his mind - and his body - were trying to escape to an articial paradise. In his situation, he totally missed out on what he was looking for, and stood there awkwardly watching the other two Awakened without understanding what was happening around him.

Bishop

Bishop nodded his head in greeting.
    "Evening, Lady K. I see your perception is not failing you." He said to the young asian woman. His mind raced and he decided to play for an inconspicuous pawn strategy.
    "Say, may I ask for a favour? Because I find myself in a position, where I am needing results but the position I am in is stacking odds against me. The cat you so perceptively noticed is very much unlikely to deal with an ancient dog such as myself. A graceful mouse however may procure the item that was drugged in. Off course I will cover your expenses and I will owe you a suitable favour. But I am in need of results desparately and any help is much appreciated."
    Bishops face and tone were of utmost sincerety. Given the circumstances it was his best bet. He was not sure, what the other mage was up to, but he seemed a little oblivious. The young lady however seemed a lot sharper and on the plus side, she fitted into this establishment a lot better than Bishop himself.

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread