Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Her Holy Words) The News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

This reaches the characters through their chosen form of obtaining the news, if they don't normally do such, this happens on them as they walk through rooms in doctors offices or whatever.

Two years ago Sophia Hernandez was a simple Catholic girl, until one day during Mass a miracle happened, ever since such a thing she has visited the Vatican and has generally been hailed as a new Saint. Even now she has come to the diocese of Sacramento on the request of Bishop Thomas Firth.

In her passage from the airport to the diocese Hernandez was attacked, witnesses say that she prayed to God and the two attackers were struck down where they stood, the bodies identities have not been released to the public. She then continued on to the diocese without any further incident, and she will be there in the up coming weeks.

The characters are spending time in a 18+ club that is relatively close to the Cathedral where Sophia will be staying, feel free to talk about the news report, as mostly everyone else in the area is.

The Club is relatively small, and it's early in the night, no people on the dance floor and there's a pretty good game of pool going on in the corner. The occasional person slips outside for a smoke break on a balcony but of patrons at the moment there are a total of six other than the players.

Any spells that aren't cast onsite need to have duration factors added into them. Any other opening rolls you intend to make, feel free to do those as well.
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Idun

PRE

Done at Idun's Sanctum
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-02-28 14:56:53 Idun rolls 6 to Organic Resilience: Gnosis + Life + HS (10 Again) 10, 1, 6, 10, 2, 9, 1, 5 3 successes

Idun arrives at the club, her bangs dyed purple while the rest of it is bleached white. The cloths that she is wearing is a purple T-Shirt under a worn black jacket and black jeans, a black purse slung over her left shoulder. A pair of hooped copper earrings and a polish wooden pendent in the shape of a disk with Celtic knot around a bead of amber on a leather string.

She looks about the club as she walks slowly to the bar counter to order a drink.

What's in the purse: her gun, wallet, cell phone, two pairs of plastic gloves, five zip lock bags, small tin box of band-aids, tweezers, note pad, and three click pens

- 1 Mana for Organic Resilience Duration of a Day

Obviously you can roll [Wits+composure+1] to know that Wanda Gale walked into the bar.

Sacramento just seems to be a hotbed of interesting activity lately.

That's what it seems to Orobas as he wanders into the club. What the news is saying of Miss Hernandez isn't half as chilling as what they aren't. It's why the journalist is hoping other mages in the area have the same thoughts as him. To meet close to where this miracle girl is staying.

Hopefully just to keep an eye on her for now. His leg twinges a bit as he makes his way to the bar. two fingers pinch the bridge of his nose, one pressing against his forehead as he feigns rubbing his eyes for a second.

Third Eye cast
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-03-01 10:21:24 Orobas rolls 7 to cast Third Eye (10 Again) 9, 3, 5, 1, 9, 8, 6 3 successes

He sighs as he feels the rote take hold on the first try.

"Little insight never hurt," he tells himself as he pulls up a seat to get a drink and wait.

As he does, he notices Idun. He quickly smooths out his own jeans and button-up shirt as best he can before adjusting his fedora. He flashes the young lady a smile.

"Buy you a drink?" he casually offers.

W
    WakingDream

Cast at Sanctum- All Day
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-03-03 11:07:54 Impulse rolls 4 to Temporal Eddies (-2 for 24 hours) (10 Again) 4, 6, 10, 2, 3 1 success
    2014-03-03 11:07:22 Impulse rolls 4 to Temporal Eddies (-2 for 24 hours) (10 Again) 5, 5, 5, 5 failure
    2014-03-03 11:00:43 Impulse rolls 6 to Temporal Dodge (10 Again) 9, 8, 10, 6, 4, 8, 10, 1 5 successes

Hit up contacts for info
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-03-03 11:13:39 Impulse rolls 4 to Hitting up Contacts (Manip+Pers) (10 Again) 3, 3, 1, 6 failure

Impulse had had a rough morning. Still a little hungover from the night before, an experience very foreign to the Thai enchanter, he had totally botched his first attempt at casting that day. He then tried to give a call to some of his contacts for more info on this 'breaking news' case that everyone seemed to be talking about... again, nada. So he just lied there in his bed, wondering how he had made it back inside his room from the roof in one piece. His eyelids growing heavier and heavier...

When he woke up again, about three hours had passed. His head felt slightly better, though he was still going to pass on breakfast. Quickly, he downed an orange juice and tried a bit of will working again. This time he was much more successful, and he could feel his will harden around his pattern and his eyes open to the supernal almost as easily as they usually would. Impulse looks the bottle of O.J. over, wondering what the hell was in the stuff.

Later that night, He arrives at the club. Surveying the small dance floor, Impulse frowns at the lack of people on it and is about to get things started when he notices Idun speaking with another gentleman.

"Hey Idun!" Impulse waves, approaching the two, "been awhile! Who's your friend?"

Impulse has a small handgun tucked away in his belt, and is wearing a thigh-length trench coat to conceal it.

B
    Beej

Cast at Sanctum

Vincent Royce hadn't heard a lot about the 'miracle girl' but what he had made his left eye socket itch. It sounded dangerously similar to memories of a lion and a doll.

The club owner walked into the 18+ joint. Tonight he was going for non-descript in black Pumas, chinos, a white t-shirt, open red long sleeve button up and a hat. His prosthetic was in and he had on a pair of glasses. He also had 2 two weeks worth of beard. It was cleaned up on the cheeks and next so he didn't look lazy.

Spotting Idun and Impulse off the bat, Vincent wandered over the pair. As he got close he recognized Orobas. "Hey guys." he waved as he saddleed up next to the mages.

When he has the bartender's attention he'll order a Sprite/7-Up.

Iphone and magical tool on him. His baton is in the car.

Obviously you can roll [Wits+composure+1] (twice) to know that Vincent Royce walked into the bar.

Idun

PRE

I'm thinking you mean roll Perception + 1, cause I did Wits + Perception + 1, Idun would be rolling Wits twice
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-03-03 23:23:32 Idun rolls 8 to Wits + Composure + 1 (10 Again) 8, 1, 2, 2, 7, 9, 7, 2 2 successes

Idun smiles at the offer to buy her a drink, replying, "Who am I to decline a free drink? A beer will be fine, thank you."

She turns to see Impulse, answering, "It's good to see you too." Then adds, "Why he's the gentleman who has offered me a free drink."

As she looks towards the entrance, she notices Reverb. "Hey yourself. Come to check out the competition?" She asks Reverb with a mischievous grin.

Orobas nods, recognizing Reverb as well.

"Good to see you again," he says to Reverb as the other mage walks up.

Once the bartender is around, he orders that beer for Idun plus a gin and tonic for himself. Looking over the other three gathered, he gives a smile.

"Heh, don't I feel a bit like the odd man out," he says jokingly. "You all seem comfortable with each other and I've only had any real face time with one of you."

He nods to Reverb, just to be clear who he means.

"Getting proper introductions aside," he says, taking a sip of his drink. "Call me Orobas. Feel free to shorten as needed."

The bartender turns out drinks like a pro, taking the money (of course) before he starts. "So are you four intending to meet her?" They can all guess which 'her' he's talking about, from another end of the bar, away from the local game that was on was a different TV that was announcing the same news story or some sensationalist spin on it.
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Idun

PRE

As Idun takes the beer, she takes a sip of it as she considers the bartender's question. "I was thinking of just getting her autograph, I brought a note pad and a few pens just to make sure I have one on me." She tells the man behind the counter. "I mean, who wouldn't want something to show that I met her?"

She didn't want to give out her actual name and she doubts saying Idun would be helpful, after all Idun was also the name of a Norse God. Not when she's here to meet the young woman who's clearly of the religious sort.

W
    WakingDream

Impulse smiles at Idun, then at Orobas, "the gentleman who has offered to buy me a drink? That's quite a long name you got on you, buddy! Anything shorter?" He laughs mirthfully, patting Orobas on the shoulder. Before he could actually introduce himself, Reverb walks in and distracts him.

"Hey, 'Verb!" Impulse waves, surprised by all the familiar faces interested in this 'story'. When Orobas introduces himself, Impulse replies with his own name and a friendly smile, "Impulse, great to meetcha! Don't hate me if I slip and call you 'Big O'!"

The bartender's question garners an enthusiastic response from the excitable mage, "Am I?? Of course I am!!" He laughs, taking a seat at the bar but not ordering anything just yet. His concealed pistol dug into his back uncomfortably as he sat down, and he adjusted himself accordingly. Truth was, with all that's been going on lately, he wanted to make sure he was 'in the know' of anything-- or anyone-- suspicious entering Sacramento.

That Pistol...not on the character sheet, not in the thread

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread