Ended
Watch

0214 Consillium - At the Bar

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Miach

PRE

Miach took his drink from Reverb's hand with a barely audible thanks, and a numb look on his face. The Mystagogue was... absent. When the commotion started though, he dropped his drink and recoiled three feets away, before slowly withdrawing from the bar. He took three more steps back, and turned tail and strode straight to the men's room.

C
    Casitive

Thread is un-paused, Kelreth ( Ariadne ) and Xander please feel free to post.

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

SL 2 (Red Hair, Blue eyes)
    Pres 3 (Diplomatic)
    Consilium: **
    Path: **
    Guardians of the Veil: ***

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Consilium: Mis/HS(3 suxx)
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

"I can't believe I remember this stuff. Really a Silver Ladder should come over here and beat you with the Lex book. Consilium is a place for our kind to gather and discuss things. Yes Discussion. We don't show up here and throw down. That is what the Duel is for." Ariadne pointedly stares at Gamble. Hopefully the implicit threat of a Duel Arcane against the Epopt of the Veil is thick enough for him to see.

"Also at most it's a fine for smoking. Come on this may be California but the sleepers haven't gotten around to making it an arrestable offense. Besides its not like their laws mean anything here." Blue eyes track Gamble's hands, a small doubt in Ariadne's mind that he has a gun on him.

4. Likes Matamune, West, Wolven Pryde liked this post

Leo Lockheart

PRE

"Fuck the duel." Leo said, since clearly Vae had no opinion on police brutality other then letting it happen.

"Here's what's going to happen new guy." Yeah, Leo knew his name, but he wasn't filling his mouth with that mud. "You're going to release Reverb. Fine him? Sure, but you're not taking him anywhere. Once that is over you and I are having some words on your abusive behavior. On intimidating a man who could've been the victim of gang violence. On disgracing not just yourself, but those of us unfortunate enough to share your order. You want to know what happens if you don't?"

Leo chuckled and smiled slightly. This was the part he enjoyed. "If you don't, I'm going to teach you what it's like to be on the receiving end of this bullshit. And more. See, the Arrow is due for a training session. Which means I'm coming up to a scenario where I can shoot, stab, burn, cut, and in every completely legitimate way, break you. Oh, but don't worry about long term damage, I'm a healer. With all my mana available I can heal you back to normal so we can keep going." The smile widened amid a small pause. "And going, and going. In fact I'd love to see that happen. Take him. Give me a reason to show you that world of pain. We can take bets on how long it takes you to piss yourself."

He folded his arms as eyes bore into Gamble, waiting for the cop to make his move.

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (cheerful), Sl 2 (honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

PRE

Some time after Ariadne's rather mild berating and before Leo's threat Ermon adds his own five cents:

"We are above Sleeper law. We do what's necessary, we use wisdom and common sense. Who the hell is Snakebite hurting by smoking here? Also you have no cause, no proof and no witnesses who will testify against our host: innocent until proven otherwise and all that. And it looks like you not only don't know the Lex Magica but also Sleeper laws. If you insist on riding this train, this shit will get you at least a suspension".

The Warlock waits for Gamble's reaction. By now the only way for him to get out of this is to back down. But cornered people sometimes take desperate action.
    Alfred 'Ermon' Coldwell, Pre 2 (Cheerful), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mana: 8 WP: -2
    Oblations: 1, 2

7. Likes West liked this post
    B
    Beej

"Seriously?! Seriously?!" Vincent could not believe some authority jacked up cop was pulling the shit that he just pulled. "What the fuck man!" Lex-shmeck. "Get him the fuck out of my club!"

W
    WakingDream

Impulse quickly hurries over to what looked like a soon-to-be disaster zone. The group of angry mages, all of which were very capable, looked like they were about to overkill the poor cop. That would definitely not help things, especially with what he wanted to bring up to the cabal and order heads later. Gritting his teeth, the Syndic mimes a '4 count' with his forefinger-- the mudra he uses for 'perfect timing', hoping that it was not indeed too late as he closed in on the debacle.

"Hey, guys!" He calls out, somewhat more confident and calm now with the techne taking hold in his pattern, "let's all calm down a sec, okay? Obviously, with so many recent and surprising deaths, tensions are very high. But let's not add another one to the list. Obviously, the officer here is new, not fully knowing the lex magica, and is simply trying to impress his senior." Impulse motions to Vae as he says this.
    "Surely everyone here remembers being new at some point, right? Hell, I've even been in a very similar situation. Can't we please just forgive him this one time?" he asks, looking directly at Ariadne and Leo before returning his gaze to Gamble,
    "I'm sure he'll be more than happy to leave under friendly terms. And I will do my best to teach him the basics of proper decorum, myself."

He takes a card out of his vest pocket and offers it to Gamble with a smile, "Will you please let my friend go now?"

C
    Casitive

For some, it was difficult to tell just how the death of a Mentor truly affected them. Once, Vae was a laughing woman, earnest Arrow, and understanding cabal-mate. Those closest might not have noticed the slow, changing difference a year wears on the soul.

But it is apparent now when Vae's fiery gaze snaps to Ariadne -- a woman she once counted as an understanding ally. Whether real or imagined, Vae looked at the Epopt with a note of betrayal.

Some people reach for any measure of control and in so doing deny themselves the grieving process.

Vae was still a warrior and still an Arrow and she knew she had to make a tactical retreat; even if she was a cauldron of fury with no outlet. Her voice, terse and sharp was directed at Leo ( Xander ), “I'm taking the black.

Those words fell like stones. Vae, First Talon and Apprentice to West, straightened, pushed herself away from the bar, and stalked out of the Consilium. She barely waited for those at the door to open the way for her.

Vae leaves the Consilium as well as the City

B
    Bean

Umbrey sighs. I've seen just about enough of this shit. But he knows better than to intervene. Violence in an official meeting, check. Sentencing before trial, check. People dying left and right, check. Ignoring genuine outer dangers for petty squabbles, check. Senior members of the Consillium throwing tantrums, check. I guess this is what a consillium overrun by Free Councilers is like. Anarchy. Which, to their credit, seems to be what they want. Oh 'upset the status quo' and 'everyone has a say' and all that. This is what that looks like.

Umbrey takes a couple steps forward frowning with disappointment and not trying to hide it.

What if Cook was right. Maybe this whole place is already doomed and there's no point to try. Hell, he didn't even show up. These two new 'higher ups' apparently are here instead. Or hell I wouldn't be too surprised if all this horse shit scares them off.

He takes another couple steps near the bar, his cane thumping on the group with each step.

No. That can't be true. We are Awakened dammit. Not a group of children who accidentally found magically powers. Umbrey found himself thinking of the novel Lord of the Flies. No this consillium will become organized dammit. Even if I have to do it myself. I see the new 'higher up' is just ignoring this too. Oh well fuck him.

Umbrey crosses the last two steps to the bar now, his face shifting from disappointment to a mildly angry one.

It should start now. And since nobody else will do anything then I may as well throw myself in the ring of moderators talking either peace and love or whatever Free Council bullshit they believe in, or hate and dueling.

Umbrey takes a deep breath and speaks calmly but loud enough that he could be heard by thus near him now. "Could we consult the Lex Magica then? I feel it would be the proper thing to do at a moment like this." The man was still on top of Reverb but the situation was defusing with Vae leaving the scene of action and everyone trying to give the Rent-a-cop to cut out his nonsense.

"Right then. My apologies for breaking the law, won't happen again, but there's a larger issue here. This Consilium has too many wild spoiled children running about in adult form, and that shits bad enough with only tiny fists behind it. So how's about we don't act like ridiculous brats any of us? And that goes for everyone in the room who has spoken up lately, you're all a mouthy lot, and I happen to be an expert on being mouthy," she says with a irritated smirk, emphatically throwing her pack of menthols into the trash.

"So write up tickets and move on, or step out and cool off, because the alternative is entirely unpleasant. But if we really do want a duel, well I'd be obliged to act on behalf of the party which seems to be in trouble over my own actions." As the addendum to her prior statement leaves her lips, she removes her jacket and sets it on the bar, before clarifying. "In purely the interest of full disclosure, I would like to state at this time that I have never lost a duel arcane, or any other fight. I'd prefer not to do this, but I will. And whatever there is for you to lose, you will most certainly lose."

The smirk that appeared earlier has completely vanished during her sober proclamation, and she stands by ready to react to Gamble's response, in whatever form it takes place. "Stop being assholes, everyone. Is that clear enough?" Whether she intentionally revealed the tormented hellscape she has tattooed all over her arms and upper back in plain site with just her take top on, or whether she was drawing attention to her gun, were debatable - but the implicit threat in her words was entirely apparent in her tone.
    This is a generic account for moderating the Mage game/forums. It cannot receive messages and inquiries should be posted on your character sheet or messaged to the specific Mage ST(s).

Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 3

You do not have permission to view the list of names.