Ended
Watch

Visiting the Sunhawk Gallery

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan had a plethora of chocolate filled gift boxes in her pack as she caught sight of the Sunhawk Art Gallery. Sure, she planned to deliver to only one Lost, but she might run into others too. The backpack easily fit a bunch of the little boxes, with room for a pair of gift wrapped daggers too. Morgan crossed her fingers as she got to the entrance, hoping that there wouldn't be some dress code here that would get her thrown out of the place. She crossed another pair of fingers so that in case there was she'd get the chance to deliver the gift box before getting thrown out.

She paused at the entrance to let out someone who she first thought was homeless until she got a wiff on the man's expensive cologne as he mumbled something about art. Thought eccentric artist was just a joke, she thought with a raised eyebrow as the man left. With a shrug she went inside.

Looking around the place, she was a little unsure of where to go. Or where the staff was either. So she just called out, "Heh-hello? Um, I-is there s-staff here p-please? K-kinda looking for someone who works here."

Sorry for lack of details, I haven't found a description of the Sunhawk Gallery.

C
    Casitive

The Gallery itself was awash in white walls and natural, pale woods. Some of the spot-lights were off and when Morgan let herself in, there was the evidence of work being done: tarps, old blankets and a couple of boxes of new lighting materials. It was a gallery on the cusp of metamorphosis for the show that was being planned early in the Spring.

Aaren peeked out from one of the right angles the Gallery presents, glancing towards the entry, and spying Morgan in the process. Lifting a finger as though to say, one moment, Aaren disappears. The mumbling of voices wafted away from the corner – a quiet conversation lost in its own echos --, before Aaren reappears heading towards Morgan.

The Fairest's nose, was still wrinkled; prickling from the expensive cologne that was the calling card of an artist with more prentensions than talent.

“Hey, Morgan,” Aaren replies with a grin, wearing an effortless cobalt blue shift-dress. “How's it going

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

The sight of Aaren caused Morgan to smile in relief. She'd had the right place after all and her fellow Lost was here. And her jeans and jacket weren't getting comments, so no dress code either, yay. This was going well, "Heh-hi Aaren, I'm good. H-hope you are doing good too and-glad you're here. N-nice place a-and pretty paintings, heh." Remembering why she was her, the Beast let down one strap on her backpack and slung it forward. She then opened it up and took out one of Dominyk's gift boxes.

She presented the gift box to the Fairest: "D-delivery for you. E-everybody in t-the club is getting one, heh."

C
    Casitive

“Thanks,” Aaren replies, “I'll pass it on to the owner. A lot of this is her doing.” Black, pointy flats padded across the floor as the Fairest glanced behind her. “I'm just taking care of it now so she can focus on her work. Right now, we're fixing things for the upcoming show I'm planning.”

Reaching forward, she took the box from Morgan with an expression a mixture of surprise and pleasure. “Oh hey, I wasn't expecting this at all. Thanks for bringing it all the way over here. Who's it from?” The question came about naturally as Aaren examined the gift box, her canny gaze looking back up to the messenger.

“Why don't I show you around while we chat?” Aaren invites gesturing lightly around the public areas of the gallery.

Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green had decided to shake off his doldrums. On and off the creative urge was seeping back into his core; he found himself idly toying with his custom made tools - perfect for his meaty hands. Staying at home and staring at blank walls didn't help. And he'd been spending a little too much time in the Hedge lately, which didn't help either (ever shifting paths and danger... no thanks!)

So he hit the gallery circuit. In part it was to study; in part it was to immerse himself in creativity; in part it was to see how some of the more artistic mundies handled a big ogre like him wandering their sanctums. The next one on his list was... the Sunhawk Gallery.

The big Elemental filled the doorway and grunted in surprise. "Hey," he rumbled, a slight smile chipping away at his impassive face.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

A look of surprise past the Beast's face before she hid it. For some reason, she'd thought Aaren owned the place. She nodded her head, "T-that's nice of you to helping her, heh." Silly thing to say but it was all that came to mind. A small smirk crossed Morgan's face at the recurring question she received. Everyone always wanted to know who gave the gift, "Heh, a jolly-thin-flowery chocolate addict, heh. D-dominyk didn't say not-to-say he gave them, heh." The description seemed apt to the Beast.

Following Aaren gesture, Morgan didn't see anything wrong when she scanned the room. A tour of art? Why not. The little raccoon could stand to try to absorb some culture. She reshouldered her backpack as she spook, "Ssssure, a tour sounds good, heh. I--" she stopped speaking upon Green's arrival.

Morgan stared at Green for a few seconds before blinking. A small grin grew on her face as she again unshouldered one strap of her backpack. She quickly removed another gift box, zipped up, and reshouldered the strap. "Hi-hi Green. How are you, heh, I-have-gift-delivery for you, heh." With that she quickly skipped over to Green and handed him one of the chocolate containing gift boxes. "Oh, heh, Aaren was-about to g-give a tour of the art. Um," turning back to Aaren she continued, "c-can Green take the tour too, erm, " turns backt o Green, "that-that is if you want to, d-don't mean to speak out of turn, sorry-sorry. J-just nice to give gifts out, heh-heh."

Her head continues to turn back and forth between the two of them.

C
    Casitive

Chuckling soundlessly, Aaren nodded and regarded the gift in new light, “I'll have to send him a thank you card, then.” Glancing over to Morgan, a smile being beamed her way. “You'll know where he is, when I need it delivered?” It was a rhetorical question. The Fairest rather assumed Morgan would. Besides, the large, imposing man dipping to enter the gallery caught Aaren's gaze.

“Hey,” Aaren greeted the Mountain of a Man, “welcome to Sunhawk. Come in, come in.” A quick gesture with a free hand put the period to that statement, welcoming and beckoning him closer. “You both caught us as we're preparing for a show. Please pardon the mess as there's some lighting contractors here. But, of course Green...?” Looking back to the larger man to make sure Aaren got it right, “Green could certainly come too. It's not a long tour.”

Shifting her weight on her feet, Aaren starts meandering the gallery, expecting the pair to follow.

Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green found his eyes drawn to the little box that had been planted in his big hand. "Dominyk?" The Elemental sounded cautious, having only caught part of the conversation. "Well. Okay. And... uh... thank you I guess for playing courier and all. Ah. Yeah, I'll take a tour."

Blinking, the big Elemental made to follow the Ganharva while being careful not to run over the Steepscrambler. "Um... what kind of exhibition is it?"

9. Likes Origins liked this post

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan responded to Aaren's inquiry first by turning her head towards the Fairest: "Oh-heh, yes-yup, I can get stuff to him. Now where find or good search, heh, j-just ask Mary." she finished with a smile and a shrug. That had involved luck and fast runnng, but she'd still found Mary Lee as she was out for a stroll.

The raccoon then turned back to Green, "Y-your welcome, heh. Happy to give gifts, heh, even if not from me still nice to give, heh. No idea a-about tour."
    She then turned back to Aaren, "B-but sure it'll be good-nice: Aaren works here, heh. A-and thank you Aaren for giving us a tour, really-nice." Morgan finished with a nod of her head.

She will follow Aaren's instructions as she is given the tour.

C
    Casitive

“We're inviting artists,” Aaren says glancing over to the Earthbones, “to submit works on how they see the City. Take something that everyone sees, takes for granted, and invite people to take a new look at it through their art. Turn our perceptions on its head.” It's actually quite a large subject, one that allows for any number of interpretations. That was on purpose. The real interest, for Aaren, was how artists would understand the invitation.

They rounded a corner and spotted a few of the contractors who still lingered in the space. Those contractors soon made their way out of the gallery, waving to Aaren as they did. Shifting her weight, Aaren turned away from the door and then gestured towards one piece in particular. The tiny placard stated the title: 'Doubletake.'

Quote Originally posted by Vae:
    The picture showed a skyline, it’s blurred and there are no particular hard lines. To a point there seems to be afterimages of the burning city, and another city which is seen higher and brighter overlapping the others. In the foreground the trees seem to show all four seasons at once.
    After a few, weighty moments to allow the pair to take in the piece, did Aaren speak again. “This piece is called Doubletake and painted by the owner of the gallery. In a way, this piece inspired the show that we're doing. She has another piece at the Avalon... or is it called Nox Populi now?” The Fairest shrugged, uncaring.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread