Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1402) Leo and Impulse

THREADID

Leo Lockheart

PRE

"Waves?" The Arrow asked now that he was talking to his fellow doorman again. "I never really noticed before. Never really had to."

The Arrow smiled slightly as he chuckles. He waited a few moments for Vae and Snakebite to pass down into the meeting before continuing. "So, which was the bigger surprise, the fact that Vicky Bones is in the Concilium, or that Vae owns a dress?"

W
    WakingDream

Impulse bursts out laughing despite himself. He quickly looks through the doors to make sure they weren't overheard before answering, "I was just thinking the same thing!!" He thinks for a moment about what his companion had just said and asks, "Vicky..? Oh, you mean Snakebite! Yeah, she's new in town." He says, obviously oblivious to what she does in her civilian identity. "But what about Vae, though?? I mean, 'dat dress'..!"

The enchanter smiles at another guest as they walk in. "You know, I get that I'm the greeter... But do you think it would kill some of them to greet back?" He grins at Leo, "well anyway, tell me about you. We didn't get to really talk that last time. Do you go running often?"

Leo Lockheart

PRE

Leo's eyes widen at the mention of Snakebite. "Wait, do you know her? Think you could nab me an autograph?" He says making no attempt to hide his adoration. As for the remark about the dress, Leo could only chuckle and wonder if it would ever be seen again.

"Some people." He says rolling his eyes. He had also been wondering how many had actually greeted the two mages. It wasn't required to stop and talk to a doorman or guard, but not even acknowledging them was just as much a show of character as returning the Acanthus's cheer.

Leo cocked his head at the request the Arrow talk about himself. Joy, it was truly Leo's least favorite subject. "Obrimos Arrow. Got knocked out of the running for Sentinel last year by some new guy that bolted after two months of barely any responsibility. Since then I've been watching over the city with my Order. Had a side project with Kite, Halo, Hypnos, and Animus, but I'm not sure that's going anywhere. Oh, and Animus might show up as a wolf and try to maul me so, be careful. We haven't been getting along lately. If shit hits the fan find a medstar. And Vae."

There was a second pause and a shrug at the end of his little rant. "As for running, I do a little cardio before using the Circle gym. Nothing as good as your wall flipping craziness though."

W
    WakingDream

"Autograph?" Impulse tilts his head, confused, "I mean, yeah. I guess. Why would you want that? I get that she's a bad ass... But I mean you work with Vae, don't you?"

"Damn, man. That sucks! Are you gonna reapply to be sentinel here?" Impulse asks, jerking his thumb towards the doors to the meeting.

He nods as the conversation turns to Animus, "Yeah, I saw. We're cabalmates and I thought it was weird when he up and disappeared and suddenly we have a new canine in the house." He grinned, "What did you do? Piss off Kiko? That would be a big no-no to Animus." Impulse pauses thoughtfully, then casually adds, "and me as well."

Impulse laughs at the wall flip comment. "It's called parkour!" He says, smiling. "I've been doing it for a few years now. I could try to teach you sometime, if you like. Though i've never taught anyone before... Could be useful, right?"

Impulse makes sure to give a special smile to Bell as she walks in with Volos. He had seen her coming from a mile a way and his first instinct would probably have been to try to hit on her if she wasn't here with some asshole. "Figures..." He mutters as she walks past. "They always find the assholes, don't they?" He returns his gaze to Leo as the silent seductress dissapears from view. "So do you got a girl?"

Suddenly a group of mages people walks by that he'd never seen before. Followed closely by an odd couple that seemed to be wrapped up in a conversation that sounded fishy to the young Syndic. He lifts up a finger in the universal sign for 'hold on a sec' and listens intently as they walk past.

Leo Lockheart

PRE

Leo had been nodding and checking people as they filed in. The Goth slipped in, but one person wasn't as big a deal as him leaving his post in front of the onslaught of new people. He pulls out his phone and shoots a quick text to Orpheus.

One of the first people to fail the screening for the night Ms Color Skirts ( Key ). Leo steps in front of the stairs, an arm held out to block the way. "Sorry Miss, but I'm afraid this party is invite only." He points back to the door with his other hand, phone still out. "I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave."

"Leo, I know. I called it. Now, don't you dare say I can't go in, especially with your spells hidden and aura dampened." The now suddenly obvious (To Leo) hierarch said before pushing the arrow's hand away and walking in. Slightly miffed that her conversation was cut off.

( Impulse gets no more of the conversation as Leo has cut it short.)
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

W
    WakingDream

Impulse stares blankly at the little display that seemed to distract Leo from his earlier questions. "Who was that?"

Leo Lockheart

PRE

"Avalon." The Arrow said after the Heirarch was gone with no small degree of irritation. Apparently it was unthinkable to provide a little security. Maybe if the Heirarch didn't put so much effort into being beneath notice, or would have at least said hi to the Theurgist as she passed, she wouldn't have to get pissy about being stopped at the door.

When the Heirarch signaled for Leo to close Reverbs doors there was a small pause when he noticed the freaky lady talking to Kiko (@Kimura). He works his way around the pair and locks the door before returning to Impulse.

"So what were we talking about before I committed the abominable act doing my job?" He rolled his eyes as he tried to think. "Right. Don't worry about the autograph, I'd love to be sentinel as long as we do away with this lazy election bull, Animus broke when his girlfriend died and attacked me so I had to defend myself and stab him a few times, I don't have a girlfriend, and I would love to learn those moves." He made it a point finish on a good note and smiled.

His gaze was once again drawn to Kiko and the trash bag lady. "So, what the fuck is going on there? Should we swoop in and help?"

W
    WakingDream

Impulse frowned. "That was Avalon? All due respect, but you were just doing your job, right?" He shakes his head, his gaze following the hierarch. "Maybe she's just having a bad day..." He mutters, mostly to himself.

Impulse starts to smile at Kiko ( kimura ) as she walks in, but stops when he notices she seems to be in a bad mood. He is about to excuse himself and approach her when the bag lady from before swoops in instead. In response to Leo's question, Impulse frowns. "Do we know who she is?" His frown deepens as he notices that Kiko seemed to be a little uncomfortable and he doesn't wait for an answer. "Yeah. Why not? No one else is coming in now, right?"

Impulse returns to the main thread

Two Claps Sound bringing attention to the main thread
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Closed Thread