Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
THREADID

Once more unto the Nest

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Kevin Swift

PRE

Kevin pulls out a match box, checking to be sure there were matches within, he moves before the Dog Spirit, placing the duck down upon the ground. As he kneels, he turns his body around and extends an hand to take Steel Gaze's offering. He places the raccoon next to the duck, he places a match in his mouth before he then strikes a match. Fire takes hold and he takes the spare match out of his mouth. Lighting it up, he then places the aflame matches upon the food offerings.

He empties the match box of the matches, helping the flames on both to grow. As the feathers and fur catches fire and burn, Kevin begins by apologizing to the pair, <<We should not have behaved as we had upon our first meeting with thee, laughing as hyenas before thee, we who were not Alpha should not have addressed thee, nor should we had made use of thy other name. Humbly, we present ourselves before thee and hope that thee will accept our efforts to make amends.>>

He keeps his gaze upon the flames upon the offerings, ready to put them out if they should spread from the bodies.

That's a lot of successes, 19 of them
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-03-01 21:35:34 [07] Kevin Swift rolls 8 to Harmony + Dalu (10 Again) 7, 2, 5, 4, 3, 10, 8, 3, 9 3 successes
    2014-03-01 21:35:34 [06] Kevin Swift rolls 8 to Harmony + Dalu (10 Again) 8, 3, 6, 2, 2, 1, 6, 10, 8 3 successes
    2014-03-01 21:35:34 [05] Kevin Swift rolls 8 to Harmony + Dalu (10 Again) 7, 5, 10, 4, 8, 5, 4, 4, 5 2 successes
    2014-03-01 21:35:34 [04] Kevin Swift rolls 8 to Harmony + Dalu (10 Again) 7, 1, 1, 8, 8, 6, 4, 7 2 successes
    2014-03-01 21:35:34 [03] Kevin Swift rolls 8 to Harmony + Dalu (10 Again) 8, 10, 8, 7, 1, 3, 7, 3, 8 4 successes
    2014-03-01 21:35:34 [02] Kevin Swift rolls 8 to Harmony + Dalu (10 Again) 10, 1, 6, 1, 2, 5, 6, 2, 4 1 success
    2014-03-01 21:35:34 [01] Kevin Swift rolls 8 to Harmony + Dalu (10 Again) 4, 9, 9, 9, 7, 3, 9, 2 4 successes

Steel nods as Kevin leads the ritual, and briefly crosses himself before taking a knee next to his packmate. Though Kevin summed it all up beautifully, there's still the matter of saying something for himself.

<<I disrespected you, your leader, and your territory with how I acted,>> he speaks, adding his apologies to the end of Kevin's list. <<The way I behaved was not fitting of my station, then or now. I own to my mistakes, and pray for your forgiveness.>>

With a final release of breath, he lowers his arms to his sides and leaves himself exposed to both spirits and their final judgement.

Not sure if I need to make a roll to assist the ritual, but I did want to RP Steel adding his two cents since he's part of this.

M

Jessie watched the exchange between the two parties intently, studying the rite for recording at a later time. He couldn't help but note the familiarity of it. Burn offerings similar to that of religions he had heard about. Which of them started that first?

Mental note: Study that at a later time.

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

Fierce Defender watches Kevin perform the ritual intently. His form remains tensed as the Farsil Luhal far exceeds what would be accepted in his apology. As the ritual wraps up and Steel Gaze says his own piece Fierce relaxes. It's jaw falling open a bit in what humans assume is a smile amongst its material cousins.

<<Good good>> Fierce looks at each of the gathered wolves for a moment before turning its gaze up to Prideful. Gazing down at it's loyal defender Prideful takes off with a snap of its wings and glides to land on a branch in front and above of the nascent pack.

<<It is good that you know the proper ways.>> Prideful Harrier speaks as it slowly looks over the wolves. <<Now what do you wish to speak of.>> The spirit tilts its head slightly to look down at Jessie, obviously wondering if the Hirafahra Hissu has been understanding anything said.

Kevin Swift

PRE

Kevin closes his eyes for a few seconds as Fierce Defender growls out his response to both Steel's apology and the Rite he performed. He feels a touch of pride on a rite well preformed, he's an Itheaur and rituals tend to come easier for his Auspice then most. His mouth up turns just a little before he opens his eyes and keeps watch over the fire consuming the bodies of the offerings.

While an emotional relief overcame him, it didn't affect his muscles, after all, he is keeping watch over the flames so they didn't spread away. He refuses to move his gaze from the flames that are his responsiblity, so he listens and keeps his tongue still as Steel Gaze and Prideful Harrier begin their conversation.

Steel smiles. That part went better than he would have dared to hope. He makes a mental note to give Kevin proper thanks for performing it later.

<<Like Jeremiah said the first time we came, we're trying to bring Sacramento back to its proper order,>> Steel explains to the bird spirit. <<For that, we need allies.>>

He gestures to Kevin and Jessie, before looking back up to the former 'king.'

<<My pack and I had hoped that you would be willing to aid us,>> Steel went on. <<As our totem.>>

Maybe it's a bit forward, but there's no point in backing down. This is what they are here for, time to put the cards on the table and see where they stand, and what it might take to convince Prideful.

"Subtlety was never my thing anyway," Steel admits to himself.

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

<<Proper Order. Yes.>> Prideful Harrier chirps out quickly, its wings extending slightly as it speaks.

It's tone falls back to the dignified pattern with which it has spoken to the wolves before. Wings settling onto its body once again. <<There is much to be restored in Sacramento.>> A claw digs into the ad-hoc tree branch the spirit resides on.

<<I will join you as your totem. I expect something in return. What you see before you is all that remains of my Court. That is unacceptable.>> Prideful Harrier stares at the pack. <<Each turn of Luna's many faces you must expand my Court or defend those who serve it. With your aid my Court will return to its former Glory and as members you will have its support.>>

M

Jessie was more than a bit taken aback by the Spirit's size. Though he has seen large and larger Spirits in his life, he still hadn't grown used to seeing them up front.

What took him back more was the ease that the Spirit accepted. He had excepted a task or a quest before he would accept. Of course the condition he levied of the small pack was not one to be taken lightly.

Kevin Swift

PRE

Kevin looks up as Prideful Harrier speaks, admiring the Hawk Spirit's for a few seconds. The statement Prideful Hunter makes is one he had already known the Spirit would put forth and informed the others of, although the way the Hawk Spirit says it, it seems it wants them to focus on recruiting Spirits instead of just humans or animals. He lowers his gaze to look at Fierce Defender before looking down and quickly padding out some embers that landed on the ground.

He does this quickly and with as much force as he could. Kevin keeps his silence as it seems that Steel Gaze will seal the deal.

Steel can't hide his surprise at that, though he does his best not to overreact. A blink and raising of eyebrow, followed by a broad grin.

<<Huh... well then, we're honored to have you!>> Steel says, unable to hide his enthusiasm.

This day just went from "Better than he'd hoped" to "Flat-out miraculous." The new alpha takes a breath and regains his composure, flashing a smile to his packmates at this news.

<<With this, the Sky Wardens are officially a pack,>> he says to the other two wolves, his smile softening a bit. <<Kev, Jess... thanks guys. For sticking this far.>>

He looks back to Prideful Harrier.

Their new pack totem.

His smile just isn't going to leave. No matter how hard it might be living up to the spirit's ban, Steel just can't see himself being anything but happy over this.

<<And thank you, Prideful Harrier,>> Steel says.

The rahu and Alpha of the Sky Wardens snaps a quick salute to their new totem.

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last