1 - 10
DISPLAYED
THREADID

Once more unto the Nest

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Jeremiah Daniels
    Jeremiah Daniels

PRE

Shortly after Jeremiah and Jessie's return from the library bringing with them new knowledge. Jeremiah departs for parts unknown, south. Towards an old friend.

The trio now stand amongst themselves, two carrying offerings for wrongs committed, the last carrying knowledge which may be of use. Questions remain. Who leads? Who follows? Who talks? And will the offerings be enough?

Moving things forward

Steel looks to the other two wolves near him.

"Well fuck," he can't help thinking. "Come to this, huh?"

He sets down the garbage bag containing his offering and crosses his arms. His gray eyes scan over Kevin and Jessie as he mulls over his words for a bit.

"Well... here we are then," he comments before letting out a sigh. "Ain't gonna lie, this is not how I picture things. 'Specially Jer running off like that."

He pauses to let that thought sink in for a bit. Just when it feels like things are coming together, something steps in and pulls the pack apart...

"Doesn't change a thing, though. We've got a job to do," he says, as much to himself as the other men. "Rite of Contrition needs performing, and we've gotta show Prideful what we can offer as a pack. Because I'm assuming we aren't giving up on him as a totem."

They'd worked this long and this hard to come this far. Steel lifts up his bag of raccoon and slings it over his shoulder.

"Luna help me, at the very least, we're getting the apology part right, am I right guys?" he says. "Because I'm personally sick of fuckin' things up. If I knew the Rite myself I wouldn't drag you two into this, but seeing as that ain't the case-"

He lets out a low, growling sigh. Frustration with life, with his own mess-ups, with needing to rely on the others to help him cover for his mistakes. Again.

"Let's see what you two got before we go in, then." he finishes with a nod to Kevin and Jessie.

3. Likes Matamune liked this post

Kevin Swift

PRE

Kevin holds the duck offering under his left arm, he can't help but feel the missing presence among them. He listens as Steel Gaze takes charge. He grabs the duck by the neck and holds it up for the pair to see.

He then says as he puts the duck back under his arm, "I'll preform the Rite, I knew it when I came to the city, I just haven't been called on to preform it since I got here."

M

Jessie held up his pocket journal, "And I-I-I-I got the i-i-i-information that w-w-w-will help us." He had already given them the basic rundown of what he found with Jeremiah, but he hadn't yet informed Isaac about his further opinions on what it means. "W-w-w-will you be t-t-t-taking up the mantle of A-A-A-Alpha?"

Steel gives Kevin a smile and a nod at the sight of the duck.

"Nice catch, Kev," he says, before he addresses the third of their number.

There's only the briefest hesitance before Steel answers Jessie's question.

"Yes." he says.

They have the sacrifices, they have information. Moving forward without Jer is hardly something he'd wanted to do, but it's what's they need.

To move forward.

"Either of you wanna say anything about me taking charge, now's the time," Steel says, hefting up his bag.

The idea of presenting himself as the new alpha so soon after insulting the spirits ahead almost makes Steel want to laugh. Almost. If the idea that his first act as alpha might be getting killed by a puppy and a falcon were actually funny.

Kevin Swift

PRE

"I'm sure you'll grow into the role and let's hope any future mistakes will be to our benefit." Kevin remarks with a slight grin. "I mean, we are due for a change of fortune, right?" He asks the two.

With a thought of his Dalu form and the want of assuming it, his frame expands and he feels his muscles thicken as he gains a foot in height. His pants and shirt seemingly magically change along with his runners. He's ready to approach the pair of Spirits, he gazes up at the moon for a second before looking at Steel and Jess.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-02-21 18:22:57 Kevin Swift rolls 8 to Sta + Survival + PU (10 Again) 10, 6, 3, 7, 2, 1, 4, 10, 4, 1 2 successes

OOC

M

Jessie smiled and quoted one of his teachers back up in North Cali, "Wisdom is n-n.. not fffreedom ffrom mistakes. It is l-l-learning from them." He bowed his head as he continued on, "I believe in you."

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

Moon is Waning Gibbious

Steel looks over the other two wolves.

His pack now. A smile crosses his face at that thought and their words.

"Well alright then," he says, nodding in the direction they need to head. "Let's get going."

I'm assuming since we've been there once before, you won't need a roll to track down the tree?

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

Yep, you're good for finding your way to the tree

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last