Ended
Watch

0214 Consilium - Ermon, Idun and Miach

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Miach

PRE

"Evening..." Miach mumbled to the newcomer, averting his gaze from Idun.

Idun

PRE

"Evening, Miach." Idun says softly, she looks off to the side. She forces herself to take a deep breath.

"I'm so sorry for not being there when they rescued you. I'm your friend and fellow Cabal member, yet I wasn't there with them when they..." She trails off.

"We don't have to talk about anything if you don't want to and when you think you are ready, you have my number." She says to him after a minute of silence. "I'm just happy you're alive."

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (cheerful), Sl 2 (honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

PRE

As soon as Ermon hears Idun speak his eyes go wide.

Gotta be kiddin' me! This is what I get when I want some innocent conversation?

"Emmmm... I think you two've got some stuff to figure out. Sorry, I'll leave you alone".

Without taking no for an answer he steps away from Idun and Miach.

Ermon returns to the main thread
    Alfred 'Ermon' Coldwell, Pre 2 (Cheerful), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mana: 8 WP: -2
    Oblations: 1, 2

Miach

PRE

Miach looked as the no-named man took his leave as soon as he heard Idun speaking. With only the two of them left around the table, it would be even more awkward not to look at her. Breathing, and closing his eyes for a second, the tall Acanthus slowly turned toward... toward whom exactly ? Who was she to him now ? He had once counted her as a friend, a fellow doctor, a kindred spirit, a Cabalmate. But now ?

The contrition wasn't faked, of that he was sure. It had to count for something, but how much ? All those months hanged upside down, at the whim of a fickle jailor, when any second could mean death, and he had hoped, hoped to see rescue coming. And when it came, it had a most unexpected shape, to be sure. Including Idun's absence. He hadn't thought about it, at first, so glad he was to be free, at long last ! But the day after, it had started nagging him, when he cared to thought about that.

Why wasn't she part of it ? Did she discard me ? Has she been a victim too ? He had been glad to see her alive. But at the same time, it had renewed the questions and doubts. Could she have set him up ? His hand in his pocket was pumping furiously on the box, as he stopped his motion mid-way.

The blonde man's head was now slightly cocked toward her, and he could see her from his peripheral vision.

"Why ?" was all he asked, praying she would make all those pangs of doubts and pain go away.

5. Likes Key liked this post

Idun

PRE

"I was caught up with examining the murder victims. When I began to grow desperate about it, I phoned Kiko and talked to her about the investigation and to see if I couldn't join in..." Idun sighs as she looks at Miach as she speaks. "She assured me that they'd bring you back and that I should trust them to do it."

"And they did." She adds softly.

Miach

PRE

Like that ? So easily ?

Miach could hardly believe what he heard. Sure, it made some sense, from the point of view of someone caught in the everyday's life and distractions. But to him, hanged, powerless, abused for months on end... it seemed like a meek excuse at best.

"I owe her much, indeed." did he reply. His tone was dry, and the slight emphasis wasn't meant as only praise for the japanese Thyrsus.

Still not looking straight at his wild-haired Cabalmate, the doctor moved the conversation on.

"And did you discover anything, perchance ?" If anything, it might be some comfort to make sense of all that mess. He would probably have to consult with Reverb, Kiko and Vae at some point for that. When he's ready for it.

Idun

PRE

"We figured out a pattern to the murders and by the time we predicted the next victim... Another group needed our help and we picked them up, they also had information about the person too." Idun informs Miach. "It was Animus' ex-girlfriend, Triquetra, who was the target and, well, it's believed they killed her."

"I haven't spoken to the others since we helped get them away from the site. The bodies were removed from the clinic and cremated. I'm not sure what became of the weapon that was found with Mike." She tells him. "These killings... they were by Order and Path. I wonder if it weren't some kind of ritual thought going into it all." She confesses.

Miach

PRE

The taste in the Acanthus's mouth kept on becoming sourer by the minute. He winced when he heard than another mage was presumed killed, and empathized with Animus, whose predicament he had shared. The last part of Idun's word puzzled him, though, and call him paranoid, he wondered why the woman had come for him all the way to Sutter...

In his fright, he turned quickly toward the Shaman, and asked, tense "How would an Acanthus mystagogue fit in your schema ?"

Idun

PRE

"We should go talk with Ariadne to get her thoughts on it." Idun says after a few seconds of silence on her part. "She knows more details then I would, I wouldn't be surprise if she's encharge of the investigation."

Miach

PRE

Ariadne ? The Guardian... Who would know best indeed ? Had she helped get him free...

The Acanthus remained still as more and more people entered. Some were familiar, many were new. Some still he had to talk to, now or later. Entered Tyria , upon whom his gaze lingered a long while.

With just a soft carress to the hidden box, he focused back on Idun. "I'm not familiar with her, but, well, I trust you..." he forced himself to reply to the suggestion, and added a smile for good measure. It was no more the carefree smile he had used and abused to win people over. It was the sad and exhausted smile of someone who is putting up a nice front for the benefit of others.

You don't heal months of abuse in mere days of freedom.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread