Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Mission Briefing, I made cookies!

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Ruby
    Ruby

PRE

Ruby's studio is tiny, little more than a corner shop. Simpler trinkets made of metal and colored glass or porcelain sit on nearly empty shelves, and the narrow room is colored in warm pastels.

Jordan and Trench, maybe Animus should be arriving soon. She checks to make sure she has everything. Lemonade, oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, a binder labeled 'THREAT FILE' in rosy colored glitter pen.

Looking at his pad, Jordan rechecked the directions. This was the place.

He put the pad in the inside pocket of his jacket and stepped to the door. The mystagogue knocked a postmanlike rat-tat on the door, and awaited the result from within. Studio or no studio...no barging in.

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus walks up to the studio and notices that Jordan is already waiting outside. He offers a handshake. "I don't believe we've met. I'm Animus."

Ruby
    Ruby

PRE

The door opens without a bell's welcome. Ruby has her hair tied back messily, stray hairs curling into space. She is wearing a pair of overalls speckled with paint and the touch of clay.

"Hello Jordan, hello Animus. Please, come on in." A riot of bangles, metal and plastic clatter as her hand sweeps backward to welcome her guests inside.

A number of chairs are arranged in a small circle around a small glass table, they are shaped from colorful semi-opaque plastics and have knitted wool covers.

The table has several tall porcelain cups, a clear pitcher filled with lemonade, and a plate full of cookies. "Help yourselves. Few more coming I hope."

PRE

Joshua finds the studio, and parks nearby. Walking over, he's lost in thought--wondering about his motives, and his goals; where he's been, where he's going. On how to make sure this Arrow flies straight and true.
    So lost in thought is he that when he raises his fist and knocks, what comes isn't a business-like "rap-rap-rap" but, instead, "Shave and a Haircut." (Minus "Two Bits.") He's still looking at his hand as though it is some sort of traitor when the door opens to let him in.

Animus walks up to the studio and notices that Jordan is already waiting outside. He offers a handshake. "I don't believe we've met. I'm Animus."

Jordan took his hand in a firm clasp. Pleased to meet you. I'm Jordan...Jordan Shepard."

They went in.

PRE

Jack hops off of the bus at the stop closest to Ruby's studio and enters the building. He quickly goes through the mudras for his favorite sight when he's out of sight of anyone.

Sup Vision
    Jack then makes his way to the door that Ruby had said was hers to see a man looking at his fist.

"Um, hi. Are you here to see Ruby, too? My name's Jack," he says, holding out his hand.

Ruby
    Ruby

PRE

Another round of knocks, and Ruby excuses herself again to get the door.

"Sentinel Morris, Jack, come on in."
    She takes this opportunity to pull a curtain across the front window. It's just so fun to use that title. She needs to start calling Animus Herald.

PRE

"Yes," Joshua says, taking Jack's hand in his, and shaking firmly. "Good to meet you, Jack. I'm Sentinel Joshua Morris." And the door opens, and then Ruby uses the title, and Joshua wonders if maybe everyone's going to think he insists upon it or something. He even makes his cabal-mates call him Sentinel, he imagines them thinking. And was there a bit of glee hiding in her tone when she said it?
    That girl.
    "Hello, Ruby, Animus. How're you guys?" He unzips his windbreaker as he comes in, nodding to Jordan. "Hi there." Joshua spies the lemonade and cookies on the table, looks to Ruby, and gestures to them with one hand--may I?

Ruby
    Ruby

PRE

"Absolutely! Help yourself. Does everyone know each other?" She asks pleasantly as she takes a seat and places a teasing thumb on the ominously titled folder.

Ooh, he's about to take a bite. Success? Please? YES! Victory never tasted so swee-

Aw, that's too corny even for me.
    She reprimands herself.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread