Ended
Watch

Encounter in the Barrens

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    C
    Crafty Cultist

The Barrens weren't known as such simply for their lack of people, but for their lack of easy targets. This part of the barrens was simply a bad neighborhood, and when people were on edge around each other, it made it hard for a predator to take advantage of them.

The streets had clearly seen better days. Broken glass, graffiti and boarded up windows seemed to be the norm. It was the kind of place kindred usually wouldn't bother with, unless they had nowhere else to go. Or they were after such an individual.

Lobo Argost Liara Shepard

L
    Lobo Argost

Liara limped along the sidewalk away from the abode of the street urchin she had fed from. He seemed like a sweet kid. Maybe I'll go back to him. Of course, there are others too. Regardless, she wanted to get back to her Haven soon.

C
    Crafty Cultist

Luke was wearing a heavy black coat and sunglasses, with makeup to hide how pale he was. Lurking in the shadows, hesmiled as he spotted Liara. Looks like it's time to introduce myself

Dropping his cloak of night, Luke takes a step forward and greets Liara with a smile. "Evening, Miss.

L
    Lobo Argost

Liara smiled back. "Hi there, stranger. What's a handsome devil like you doing around here?" She was still curious about why this guy had greeted her out of the blue as he did.

C
    Crafty Cultist

Luke chuckled slightly, giving a small shrug. She's quite the flatterer. "Just a concerned stranger. That punch she gave you looked pretty powerful. Just how did you goad her into attacking you?"

L
    Lobo Argost

Liara had the decency to look bashful. "Oh. You saw that? I simply gave her fair warning that I can utterly ruin her financially. I could leave her without a business or home if I sold all her financial information to the right people. An info broker is a dangerous enemy to have." She gave him a sly smile. "Worried about me? That's sweet of you." She limped over to him and gave him a peck on the cheek. "Liara Shepard. And you are?" she asked as she extended her hand, palm down, to him.

C
    Crafty Cultist

Behind his sunglasses, Luke raised an eyebrow slightly. It's a little old fashioned, but what the hell. Luke took Liara's hand gently and laid a kiss upon it. "Luke Caldon, dragon in training. Pleased to meet you." Luke looks Liara up and down before glancing at her leg brace. "I take it that brace is part of your sentence? I'm almost hesitant to ask what was done to your assailant."

L
    Lobo Argost

Liara giggled at the kiss. "A fellow dragon. How wonderful." She rubbed the brace. "No. My only sentence was to... drink in these parts until the next court. The brace came later, a personal punishment from my teacher. I see it as another of her lessons though. Plus walking a mile in her shoes is quite enlightening. As for my attacker... She lost an arm. Fitting punishment for hitting me. I won't bother her if she leaves me be."

C
    Crafty Cultist

"Well, I hope you have a plan in case she seeks revenge. If she's smart then she'll know to bide a lot of time before striking." Luke pauses for a second. "Did you say 'a Mile in her shoes?' You wouldn't be talking about the Grand Wyrm would you?"

L
    Lobo Argost

Liara grinned wickedly. "If she messes with me again, I'll find all her financial information, sell it to the right people, and make sure she loses her bakery and Haven. Let's see her recover from that." He grin softened to a true smile. "And yes. I did refer to the Grand Wyrm. She is my dear teacher."

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 8

You do not have permission to view the list of names.