DISPLAYED
THREADID

(Water and Power) Campgrounds

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

([Water and Power] Campgrounds)Werewolf Spent
    PRE

Roger returns from the successful hunt to find two new wolves in the area, and the alpha of the Winter's Promsie pack talking to a strange woman.

William and Eddie have followed Jessica, and she approaches campgrounds. There she has them sit, and eat some sandwhiches. She talks with a friendly and gregarious looking man.

The two elder wolves notice roger's entrance. "You three, make friends." Jessica barks out, before getting back to her discussion.
    The Dog Draped in Resplendent Finery of Shrieking Spirits.

L
    Lobo Argost

Roger noticed the available sandwiches and took one, biting into it as he sat down. "Hey," he grunted after swallowing a bite. "Roger Smith. Rahu." He wasn't much for conversation currently, being a bit more interested in eating.

R
    Regis Sai

Fingers laced together and pressed to his lips with his chin resting contemplatively on outstretched thumbs, William stares absently at the tray of sandwiches. 'Well shit...' Those two words were all that he could use to describe his current situation. He was suppose to be in his tour group back at the University, surrounded by a group of people that had no interest in him and would ignore him as they thought about whatever they were thinking about. By now they would be inside one of the larger buildings in the campus, warm and comfortable, perhaps taking a break for lunch before possibly letting out.

Instead... He was still surrounded by a group of people that did seem to be interested in him, maybe, but just as likely to smite him as they were to offer him a sandwich. A small grin passed his lips. 'Well at least they're not bad hosts. They did bring us food.' Rolling his shoulders, he relaxed his position and reached for a sandwich with a gloved hand, turning the food over to inspect what was between its slices. "You have any idea what they're talking about other there, uh.. Eddie, was it?" He said absently to the other man that was forced to come along with Jessica. "I'm William, by the way." Placing the sandwich on his lap he reached out a hand to shake with Eddie, repeating the same gesture to Roger when he arrived.

Eddie leaned over the trey of sandwiches with his bottom lip curled. They weren't much but Eddie had learned to be thankful for any decently prepared meal. Eddie had spent most of his last months hunting squirrels and fish, this properly made sandwich was almost a treat for him. With a sly smirk Eddie reaches down and plucks two sandwiches from the trey and sits down to eat. He shook his head no between chewing after being asked about what Jessica was talking about. "I don't know anything about this. It's like.. I believe everything she has said is true. How could I not? But still, I don't understand what it means. So what? We gotta police the whole spirit world? All of us? We just got drafted to fight a war that we didn't even know existed man." Eddie looked up at Jessica with narrowed eyes. 'Somethin' aint right wit dis shit' He was thankful for the answers she had provided him, but he couldn't shake the feeling that there was more, much more, hidden beneath the surface. Them all meeting at that lake, being presented with a man possessed by a spirit, and even witnessing him being struck down with great power after refusing to finish the deed themselves. Jessica even said that they had failed some sort of test. Why was he being tested at all and more importantly, how did she know that everything would play out the way they did. "Anyways, I'm Eddie and apparently I am an Elodoth." he said as he reached and loosely shook hands.

L
    Lobo Argost

Roger accepted handshakes. "As ignorant as that guy I was sent on a hunt with. Was your pack destroyed before you could learn what is expected of you?" He looked at Eddie and William. "Spirits can be nasty fuckers. We Uratha walk in both the physical world, and the Shadow Realm. We have to police the spirits and protect the herd. As Father Wolf and his children did before us." Roger's eyes carried smoldering annoyance, but also showed the wisdom he had managed to gain by interacting with spirits and learning from them as a Bone Shadow. "We are not human. We never were, and never will be. We cannot fully live among them."

R
    Regis Sai

William nodded in silent agreement with Eddie, taking a bite out of the sandwich as he glanced back towards Roger. A tinge of annoyance crossing him as he remarked on them being ignorant. "Mmm." He responded, letting his eyes fall back to his half eaten sandwich, not exactly sure how to take what was being told to him.

Eddie paused his chewing for a moment showing obvious signs of agitation. "Aye, all of this shit..I didn't ask for any of it aite? There ain't no fucking werewolf 101 at Rico High." Eddie focused his stare onto Roger, looking him dead in the eyes as he continued, "and you aint about to make it a habit of callin me ignorant." Eddie took that type of talk from Jessica. From the moment she revealed herself to him some how he immediately knew that she was someone that he could not out right defy. After seeing what she did to that thief he was glad that his instincts had been correct in that matter. But here and now was different. As far as he was concerned any body sitting down eating sandwiches while 'the big dogs' chat were all on equal footing. Eddies stare was broken with a grimice as the thoughts of the thief being melted entered his brain once again. As a distraction he took another bite then continued to speak to William. "Aye man..um.." he hesitated briefly as he searched for the right way to ask, "How was it for you? Like...how did it happen"

L
    Lobo Argost

Roger swallowed another bite of his sandwich. "My first change took place under the full moon. I always had anger problems. In middle school and high school I was in gangs, and after high school, I worked in a strip club. I was lucky. A local pack kept tabs on me. Easy to do since they were my coworkers. I was so pissed when I found out, sent me right into Gauru for my first change. Apparently I nearly disemboweled a couple of them. I stayed with them for a few weeks and joined them in the Bone Shadows. Then I left to find my own path. That was about a year ago." He popped the rest of his sandwich into his mouth and soon swallowed it. "Guessing you two don't have deed names yet."

R
    Regis Sai

Eyebrow arched, William looked at Eddie perplexed, unsure of what the man meant by his question. That was until Roger began to tell his story of his first change. 'Is everyone's first change so... violent?' Placing the remains of his sandwich, his appetite now fleeting, William shook his head softly."Deed name? No. I don't believe we -- Or at least I don't. Actually, I'm not even sure what a deed name is..." He said questioningly, hoping that it would divert the conversation from their pasts.

"You almost disemboweled them?" he nearly whispered. The events of his change were a blur to him, but he remembered being filled with a rage that gnawed at him persistently. He remembered almost beating a guy to death at the gym for not tapping gloves at the start of the match. Even more so, he remembered throwing his own mother crashing into a wall as he stood over her snarling as if he were prepared to bite. Until now he had thought of his experience to be pretty bad, but after hearing the story of rogers first change he wondered if he shouldn't be thankful that it didn't result in blood. Reluctantly, Eddie admitted to being out of the loop yet again. "I don't really know what that means. What are we supposed to be reading some kinda guide book or something?" he asked to no one. "What about you man? Was yours as bad as this guys?" he said to William.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last