Ended
Watch

Expanding the Estate

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Jane Scotts

PRE

Jane Scotts enters the bowels of Avalon with thoughts of ambition, and thoughts on the past. It had been many years, but she still remembers bringing the initiate to the Au Pair. Tonight will be old, familiar ground. And the Invictus thrives on such land.

She is dressed in an expensive, professionally tailored pantsuit. It has a pleasing light blue color. On her left hand is a good ring with a stylized "I" carved into it.

She wears a flower on her lapel.
    Blue Periwinkle

She sits down in a private area, and places a wooden box on the table. It is elegantly tired with a purple ribbon. She awaits the arrival of her possible initiate.

-1 vitae for blush of life

Claire Edmonton
    Claire Edmonton

PRE

Claire had done her homework after her lackluster reception at Invictus aspirations, so when she received a call from a Madam Scotts about membership, she cut no corners. Of course, the absurdly priced custom silk suit, in a stark black with silver pinstripes, was already handy in her closet. The only splashes of color, aside from the blush of life and tastefully subdued makeup, were the violet amethysts in quality gold adorning her neck, and the hollyhock in her lapel. She was entirely through with fawning gentility - she meant business, and she was clearly the most qualified candidate in this city. The Ventrue knew this, and she had no desire to waste more time.

But there was no need to be rude about her obvious superiority, so she proceeded to the indicated private area, and politely announces herself. "Claire Adelaide Tunt. You wished to speak with me?" she asks, as her hands clasp in front of her and she bows with a depth making it entirely clear she would show respect, but would not kowtow for approval. She would be perfectly willing to explain how to pronounce the term correctly in Mandarin, however.

Jane Scotts

PRE

Jane gives a nod of her head, gesturing to the seat in front of her. "I did miss Tunt. Thank you for arriving so promptly." She looks appreciatively at the business suit, and then her eyes flow to the hollyhock. She mentally looks through the drawers labeled 'flowers;' the hollyhock immediately appears, and the Ambition and Fecundity aspects appear. Interesting, though appropriate.
    "I am Baroness Jane Scotts. Though it would please me to have you call me Madam Scotts. How are you doing tonight?"
    She adopts a mild smile.

Claire Edmonton
    Claire Edmonton

PRE

Claire nods, saying, "Of course, Madam Scotts, it was no trouble at all. My evening has been pleasant so far, and your own?"

She continues to stand with perfect posture, not moving to infringe on personal space and entirely patient with the pace of whatever hoops are to be presented.

Jane Scotts

PRE

Hmm. She doesn't take the offer, but she is probably waiting for explicit permission. Cautious? or respectful?

Jane smiles "My evening has been quite pleasant, thank you. Please, make yourself comfortable."

Jane's hand rests on the box for a few moments, before returning to her lap. "What do you know of the Invictus, Miss Tunt?"

Claire Edmonton
    Claire Edmonton

PRE

Claire nods and proceeds to the seat with express permission lingering in the air, sitting down with her posture never wavering before she proceeds, "The organization values stability, order, and power, which are admirable goals if measured with prudence and forethought. Those are virtues with which I am intimately familiar. And to be more specific, Madam Scotts, a number of systems are in place to reinforce order, which seem to be effective in those cases I have observed."

"Or was there a more particular detail you were after?"

Jane Scotts

PRE

"Stability and Order." Scotts repeats, mulling the words over. "No no, this is not an examination. I am simply interested in your honest opinions and understandings." She looks closely at the beautiful woman in front of her, and continues her examination.
      3 successes empathy on reading Claire's emotions
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-02-06 21:49:04 Jane Scotts rolls 8 to Wits+Empathy+spec (10 Again) 4, 2, 3, 4, 4, 10, 9, 9, 5 3 successes

"So, I have heard vague rumors of your interest in the First Estate, but I would like to hear your opinions directly."

Claire Edmonton
    Claire Edmonton

PRE

"I wasn't treating this as an examination; I genuinely value those things," Claire replies, dead serious. But she is equally serious when she adds, "There also seems to be a great deal of silliness in this city, and I lack as much ability to shape this silliness as I should like. Power is a virtue, but I do not lightly discard other points of ethics in its pursuit."

There is utterly no deception or pretense in her demeanor or voice. She is more than a little righteous, proud, and ambitious in her assertions, however.

Jane Scotts

PRE

"I am glad to hear of that. Such values should be well respected." Jane lets the silence hang for a bit.

"So you desire to reshape the city. And what are you prepared to offer to those who would help you in that endeavor?"

Such severe seriousness. How she must truly loath the state of some of things here.

Claire Edmonton
    Claire Edmonton

PRE

"I'm part of the financial world among the kine in this town, and my my work in financial analysis mostly means I keep hotblooded decisions from making ripples. Outside of that I'm no stranger to a few Occult matters, but I view them with a more critical eye than supposed believers," she replies, two terms punctuated with her disdain for the irrational.

"I've made myself useful to the Herald on a few occasions and I believe it's beginning to sink in for her that I'm not one of the rabble. I love dogs, and I fence." Her latest two remarks are thrown in with a smirk to lighten the mood, but her seriousness does not vanish at either of them - she was talented in both areas.

"But if you intended to ask about matters of blood, in the event you were unaware of this, I am Ventrue. I know the usual gifts that brings with it, and my other area of interest should already be obvious by the fact I can see more about your nature than you can of mine at this moment." It was entirely too amusing for her to not obfuscate her boast about her talent for obfuscation, and her smirk shows it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread