Ended
Watch

Ack: Alexander Greystone

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

One of the more useful Elysian staff helps out new arrivals by discreetly directly Kindred towards The Stairs.

The Stairs lead away from the mortal nightclub to a subterranean area set aside for Kindred use...

Anyone descending The Stairs will detect the tangy aroma of freshly squeezed lemons wafts up from the sub-space.

Once at the foot of The Stairs a new arrival can see the layout more properly.

http://nwod.org/wiki/index.php/Avalon_Underground

In the cellar vault beneath the nightclub the lights are low. The silence is almost tangible.

A calm atmosphere prevails.

Recessed lamps cast a soft glow and the bright and rich scent of freshly made lemonade and squeezed lemons fills the air.

A Latin motto is inscribed over the doorway as one descends The Stairs. It reads in delicate silver lettering: "Per Ardua Ad Astra" ~ through struggle, to the Stars.

The Court area is decorated with long black and purple silken drapes cascading from floor to ceiling. Draped in elegant bunches and gathered into valances across door frames and between supporting pillars.

There's a rich and lingering scent of exotic rose incense; the lighting is intentionally low.

A delicately painted pattern and illustrations of ancient and strange Zodiacs adorn the ceiling.

Adorning the walls and carefully lit are truly large digital prints of NASA's renderings of the largest galactic entities and the very farthest reaches of Deep Space.

Martha's costume and attire for the evening seems almost fully black. A long velvet hooded cloak. Gripping her cane, she's limping heavily back from an official chamber and taking the chance to make a security sweep of the Elysian Field.

Her crippled leg drags like it's made from solid iron from hip to ankle.

As she sits moves it's clear she's probably wearing a pair of thigh high boots. Her sturdy leather gloves are, however, obvious.

To those initiated into the mysteries of the Marvel Universe Martha's dressed as Selene, the psychic vampire Black Queen of the Hellfire Club.

A careful scrutiny of the fire extinguishers here...a study of a CCTV lens there...

@Jaqen

Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Katsuro Tomori

Alexander Greystone thanked the man graciously who led him to the stairs and then made his way down in a slow and relaxed pace. The Spina was tall, and well muscled, on his face was a slight goatee, his hair salt and peppered just so and his skin seemed weather worn, clearly a man who was older in age when Embraced, but not too old, likely early to mid forties at most. As he walked there was an accompanying tap...tap...tap that his cane made. He opted to leave the sword cane and katana at home, but a casual glance shows that this knob cane is old and well kept. Clearly polished and varnished at regular intervals and exceptionally sturdy. On it's surface was a mark

Alexanders suit was tailored to fit him, accentuating his already well maintained physique, and upon looking around what he assumed was the greeting room, he took a seat and admired the celestial artwork on the walls with more than a slight hint of appreciation, if not outright reminiscence of some long ago memories that the stars seemed to spark. Eventually he heard someone approaching, though oddly he felt no call to arms from his beast and when he saw it was a woman...oh what a woman indeed, dressed in such a magnificent outfit, he stood, as was only polite and would not be seated until she herself sat, if indeed she chose to do so at all. He knew she wouldn't be down here without reason, not with all the security, and she certainly would at the very least be in the know, possibly even right minded enough to recognize the way he spoke.

"Madame, allow me to introduce myself." he said with a decidedly English accent giving a slight bow, one clearly well practiced that was low enough to be respectful, but not low enough to comport himself as lower in status than he felt necessary, clearly something he was well practiced at and had done millions of times in the past. "I am Alder... He paused and frowned, realizing his old titles that were worn on his tongue much like a second skin...if tongues had skin of course, were not applicable here, "Apologies, old habits...Now I would be Mister Alexander Greystone. I have an appointment with a Miss Herald Martha Villiers?" he asked curiously, his tone nothing but respectful as he looked at the petite form before him wondering if perhaps she was in fact the one he was looking for, simply hiding behind a mask as some kindred are known to be able to do.
    Katsuro Tomori Presence 1 (Reserved) H:7 V:5 (Blush) W:6 French Japanese English

3. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Martha Villiers

PRE

Hearing the tap tap of the cane on the stairs she moved over to see what was happening.

Then she gripped hard at her own cane as the presence of his powerful Beast was felt. Tiny Martha tried a shy smile and knew she was in the presence of a formidable gentleman.

His English accent was reassuring and she knew the Greystone name, and held and aristocratic certainty that he would recognize the heritage of the Villiers name.

It took a moment for her to unfastened her gloved hands from her cane and rub hard at her crippled hip. Moving aside her cloak, it's obvious that her black thigh boots are high enough to conceal the presence of the C-Leg, but the uneven shape of the prosthetic beneath could not be hidden.

"Good evening, Alder Greystone! Good evening indeed!" she almost squeaks and by some instinct, responding to his sheer presence and title, she dips a curtsy.

Her English accent swiftly revealing lots of information to a fellow English speaker. It'd be easy for him to estimate her high social class...her elevated social status and education...

"I am Herald Villiers, Alder Greystone." she offers a shy smile and limps closer to greet the gentleman. Her leg drags as she moves closer, if anything, with even greater stiffness than before.

"I am pleased to meet you, sir! You are welcome to this Elysian Field." a sweet, shy, smile as she leans on her cane.

Studying the gentleman to see if he needs his cane as much as she needs hers...trying to decode his body language and intentions.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

5. Likes Jaqen liked this post

Katsuro Tomori

The aged swordsman noticed her hand move to her leg and made a curious mental note, when she started moving he wondered if perhaps she wasn't injured Perhaps an old battle wound? Alex thought as he rushed quickly to meet her halfway, though his steps were smooth and confident as he did so,obviously not needing the cane he brought and simply taking longer relaxed strides rather than actually appearing to hurry.

As he went he took in her name and accent, and offered his hand in greeting, if Martha took it he would gently press his lips to her gloved hand, bowing deeply as he did so out of proper respect for her title, and lowering his eyes showing trust and further respect. Not that he expected her to attack him, that would be poor form indeed, but it was a gesture necessary in making good first impressions with the established kindred. It showed if they were older he trusted not just them but their control and measure over the beast, and if they were younger that he was just as mindful of peace as they were. A fellow countryman...woman, rather, how fantastic!

"It's an honor and a privilege Miss Herald Villiers, and if you don't mind me being so forward I must say your outfit is quite fantastic...but your leg, are you alright? If it's a fresh wound by all means don't walk on it for my sake, I'm not nearly so important... or is it an older gift of battle? Most injuries have excellent stories." he said with a genuine grin as his one eye looked into her two. As he spoke the name a second time he couldn't help but wonder if she was somehow related to the Villiers of Buckingham...but that would be a question for a little later on if she was the type to allow for small talk and pleasantries, and he sincerely hoped that was the case. After all what's the point of eternity without the ability to have polite conversation?
    Katsuro Tomori Presence 1 (Reserved) H:7 V:5 (Blush) W:6 French Japanese English

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha smiled and, taking his offered hand, she allowed him to kiss her gloved hand.

His praise of her costume prompts a very sweet and warm smile and delightfully cheery;
    "Thank you, Alder Greystone, how kind of you to say so!"

His unusual comment about her leg prompted her smile to stay a little longer than planned while she decoded the remark.

Being a gentleman, a British gentleman, she doubted he was being intentionally rude. Perhaps he was...

As she gave alternatives thought Martha nodded.
    "A gift...well, yes, yes...perhaps you might call it that! It is not a recent injury, sir...but I am grateful for your concern." she giggles meekly and sounds sincere.

However, now fully self-conscious in a way she didn't expect Martha fussed with the top of the thigh boot that concealed her C-Leg and tried another shy smile.

"Whether or not the source of my gift would be adequately exciting as a story is very much a matter about which I cannot possibly upon which I dare not speculate!" she giggles with what might be playfulness. His kind remarks about her costume had clearly lifted her mood.

For a few moments she rubs at what remains of the flesh part of her maimed thigh just above the boot itself.

Adding another smile she grips at her cane all the tighter and gestures with it towards the couch and papers.

"Perhaps, sir...we may take a seat over there. There we may speak upon the nature of the help I can supply to you!" she smiled and seemed readying her posture to move. Adding a graceful flourish of her cloak as she does so.

Katsuro Tomori

He noticed she was being somewhat evasive with his questions regarding her leg. Alexanders smile waivered for only a moment, he hadn't meant any offense and would need to set things right if he had. "Absolutely Miss Herald Villiers. You lead, I will gladly follow." he said making a sweeping after you gesture with his cane. "I'm sorry if my choice of topic was too forward. I'm really just an old Soldier who loves to hear old war stories and enjoys a good ramble. I sincerely hope you took no offense madame." The tone of his voice was completely genuine, and though his face was smiling and relaxed, there was clearly a bit of worry that perhaps he had crossed some previously unknown line.

4 suxx to assure Martha of his well meaning intentions.
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-02-02 18:22:09 Alexander Greystone rolls 8 to Pres+Pers (10 Again) 8, 7, 2, 3, 8, 9, 10, 4, 5 4 successes

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha giggles. "Not at all, sir! No offense taken! In truth, it was more a surprise to be asked than the question itself."

The tiny creature is clearly reassured and more at her ease. If anything, her anxiety and angst is likely to be more physical now. As she sits, her leg seems to be almost solid lead.

Taking time to sit, she nods to Alexander and invites him to sit with gesture of her cane.

"Ah...and old solider, eh?" she giggles, "Well, yes...I suspect it might be a story worth telling." she paused and smiled.

"The armed forces always fascinate me! I have a great respect for veterans. What unit were you with, sir?" Martha asks with obvious and sincere interest. She takes a moment to study Alex's clothes for any hint or sign of a regimental badge, tie or other insignia to help inform her.

Katsuro Tomori

He was visibly relieved that she seemed to be alright and unoffended as he followed her over and then waited to be seated until after she had done so and sat where Martha indicated. When she asked what unit he was with, he was slightly confused momentarily then realized she was referring to the mortal codification of soldier, and he was using that of the Invictus. Still, he had served and the question was relevant and he was more than pleased to engage in conversation.

"Ah, if my meaning was unclear, I had meant a Soldier of the Invictus, less prestigious than the Knighthood of my Sire, but the autonomy has it's own rewards I find....though I was a Captain in His Majesties Royal Navy in the..hmm I believe it was early 1800's. I earned my promotion to captain, rather than through connections. It caused some problems with certain other Officers, which was how I lost my eye." he said this as though he had made peace with it, though the smile on his face suggested he made peace only after making war. He made no mention that martha should perhaps 'see the other guy' as those fight stories often go, Alexander wasn't attempting to brag, so much as inform. Martha had asked a question, seeming to want to get to know him rather than just checking off a list as some Heralds might do when meeting knew kindred in their busy requiems.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha listened with respectful attentiveness. Nodding respectfully when he mentioned his rank of Captain.

She'd had two uncles in the Royal Navy...just two of her many ancestors who had served the Kingdom well down the centuries.

"Ah! Quite so, Captain! Goodness, quite the career you've had!" she nodded again as he related the mention of his eye. "Or do you prefer Alder Greystone, sir?" she asked with polite care and rubbed at her stiff knee.

Katsuro Tomori

"I haven't been a Captain for quite some time." he said simply, though not dismissively at all. "I suppose Alder Greystone will do fine, assuming that it's fitting. I'm aware back home my age is only barely enough to constitute the title and I would hate to make new enemies by assuming the wrong form of address." he seemed genuinely concerned about this part, it's one thing for a neonate to realize you've made a faux-pas but to assume the title Alder in a city filled with many older creatures than yourself could end very quickly and very poorly indeed.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread