Peyton pulled the tank top over his head and then shrugged into the long duster before slipping quietly down the hall.

Both Rachel and Derek were still snoozin and the large man had no wish to suffer the red Heads wrath for waking them.

Peyton however was filled with nervous energy both form the jam session the three had had last night with a neighbor and from the changing of the seasons. Autumn was coming on fast and the spark that lit Peyton's eyes in spring and been tempered by the heat of summer would soon be dampened as autumn moved in and the world took on a hushed reverence before slipping into the deep sleep of winter.

Solitaire, Rachel's ginormous tortuous shell cat opened one eye and managed to glare reproachfully at Payton as he lifted the small cedar lid of the mantle chest and extracted the keys to Derek's Honda.
"What?" he asked the cat. "Hey Id take you with me," he said scratching the cat between its ears. "But your mom would put her dainty little foot up my ass if I brought you back shaved and covered in tats."

The cat purred in agreement and closed his eye, accepting the scratch as payment of passage through his mom's door.

Folding his large frame into the Honda was an exercise in patience...and masochism and by the time hed made himself comfortable hed bruised his kneecap, caught his coat in the car door and banged his head twice on rear view mirror.

Autumn. Yeah it blows donkey balls.

Pulling out of the drive and putting the car in gear, Peyton waved sedately at the postal carrier who seemed surprised his could manage such social niceties and then headed into downtown.
He wasnt sure how long it'd take to find Sam but he knew he had to find the inksman today. Hed woken up to an image of a black lightening bolt splitting a massive Alder tree in half burning across the inner arc of his skull and wanted to get it described to the artist before the dream faded too much. Itd look damn fine in the small of his back, on the opposite side of the image of Loki seducing Ioun which covered his navel area and dropped down to the level of his pubic hair.
"Mmm nice apples baby," Peyton chuckled softly as he slipped into early morning traffic.