Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
201 - 210
DISPLAYED
(1312) Coronation of Winter

Page 21 of 22 First ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 Last

I'm sorry for not being on top of this people, but since this thread was intended to be closed on the 26th and it is currently the 29th, I will give you until the 31st to get everything done.
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Katrin Byeli
    Katrin Byeli

Fairest (Treasured/Snowskin)
    Winter Mantle 5
    Presence 5 (Regal), Striking Looks 4 (Coldly Beautiful)
    Rigid Mask, Gentrified Bearing
    Freehold Status 5
    Mien

Katrin's Mien, which is rarely seen outside of the Hedge, is not all that much different in appearance from her Mask.

The difference is she is unerringly perfect. (Gentrified Bearing, Striking looks 4)

Her skin is pale with the slight touches of blue and luminescent as if she was partially carved out of porcelain and ice. Her hair, like her eyes, are the dark black of onyx with the harsh clarity of ice.

PRE

Katrin nodded to the Winter before her before turning to look to the three who had approached her. “You are here to swear, yes? Then so swear.” She readjusts her skirt to look at the three collectively, waiting, obviously for their vows.

Y'all heard Nevada's oath, remember that it costs 1WP to swear the oath and it should be recorded appropriately in your minisheets and in your post.
    Presence 5 (Regal) | Striking Looks 4 (Coldly Beautiful)
    Rigid Mask | Gentrified Bearing |(Mask hardened) | (speaks with a Russian accent)

D
    DamoclesImpaled

Jason nearly froze at the Queen's words, suddenly swallowing to try to calm himself before taking a few steps closer to the Queen, though his eyes never left the shadowy form that was meant to guard her. He hoped that the whole process would take as little time as possible; every second standing in the Queen's presence was like standing in front of an oncoming blizzard, not yet being wrapped in its winds and chills, but knowing that if you didn't move out of the way that you'd be in a world of hurt.

"I've come to pledge myself to the Freehold..." He struggled to keep his voice above a mumble. "I've been in the Freehold for at least a season's time and I'd like to formally swear service to the Freehold, standing against any who threaten it or the Lost."

Oh good god, I sound like a total putz. It was the only thought he could muster. He was anticipating the moment where the Queen laughed in his face and ordered her enforcer to break his hands before waving over the next person who wished to speak to her.

Katrin Byeli
    Katrin Byeli

Fairest (Treasured/Snowskin)
    Winter Mantle 5
    Presence 5 (Regal), Striking Looks 4 (Coldly Beautiful)
    Rigid Mask, Gentrified Bearing
    Freehold Status 5
    Mien

Katrin's Mien, which is rarely seen outside of the Hedge, is not all that much different in appearance from her Mask.

The difference is she is unerringly perfect. (Gentrified Bearing, Striking looks 4)

Her skin is pale with the slight touches of blue and luminescent as if she was partially carved out of porcelain and ice. Her hair, like her eyes, are the dark black of onyx with the harsh clarity of ice.

PRE

Katrin's expression doesn't exactly change though she was a queen and this was her duty she looks to the summer beast. "You are lending yourself for the season, yes? Or for a year and a day?" her voice was light, although she was encouraging him to do more than just stand there.
    Presence 5 (Regal) | Striking Looks 4 (Coldly Beautiful)
    Rigid Mask | Gentrified Bearing |(Mask hardened) | (speaks with a Russian accent)

D
    DamoclesImpaled

"A year and a day." For a few moments, Jason struggled to think of an honorific to use such as 'your Highness' or something equally pretentious before realizing an awkward silence had passed. He gave a slight cough before stepping forward a little and, summoning a little more confidence, attempting to actually make prolonged eye-contact with the Winter Queen. "I've been in the Freehold for at least two seasons already and I'd prefer a more permanent oath, so a year and a day." This would essentially mean that he'd be renewing his oath to the Winter Monarch every year, but the thought hadn't really occurred to him.

The ogress's brow knits in a frown as she hears the Winter Queen ask for their oaths so blithely, without any sort of preamble or explanation. The fuck is this? She mentally objects, perhaps just a touch indignant. Its not like she's one for ceremony or anything, but for something this big, just between Lost, she figures things are usually spelled-out a bit more for everyone's benefit. And the woman in white gets the special 'what can you do for me' bit, but not the rest of them?

Still frowning, she's about to open her mouth and speak, but Jason beats her to it. She swallows a grunt of mild irritation as he cuts in front of her in line, as it were. At least she's getting more information, more context, through his interactions with the Queen. She takes a half a step back, to give him space and privacy, just like she tried to do with Nevada. Though he started out considerably closer and then cut ahead of her, so she's not making as much room for him. Her hands have balled into fists, and she's stopped shifting her weight. The proceedings have her full attention now, whether Jason and Katrin want them or not.

Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green, drink finished, moves from the bar and heads over to Queen Katrin's table.

Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green approaches, having left the bar at last.

Politely, he waits for the others to finish their business before drawing closer to the Queen of the Onyx Court.

"I am here to take the Freehold Oath, my Queen. I'm here to lend my strength to the Freehold and to... uh... represent our Court as best I'm able... In the office of Archer which you laid on me. For a year and a day. Yeah. Year and a day, I'll commit to that. If you'll have me." The mountain rumbles his Pledge quietly.

-1 WP to seal the deal. Key if you wish to go over the details of the Pledge pm me. I might not be able to make another post till after 31st January

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Nevada shuffled off to the side, the faint strain of 'now what?' Keeping her by the table. She didn't want to distract from the proceedings, but seeing Ramona's expressions shifting... well, it's wasn't interfering to explain, right? Nevada moved closer to the Ogre and gave a hint of a smile and as softly as she could to avoid interrupting the others, "Um, if y-you're wondering, There's a s-seasonal oath where y-you st-stay quiet about wh-what we are and try to avoid dr-drawing attention to the Freehold, th-then a year-long Fr-freehold oath where y-you swear a t-talent and s-service on top."

Oh, she hoped she didn't miss-step by explaining that. That would be the worst, considering she had caught that reprimand the shadow had sent towards the beast.

C
    Casitive

Aware now that the Winter Queen has turned towards her, as well as the others, Aaren took a breath. The chill of the Blue Note, tumbling down into her lungs. The Fairest, with all the solmnity of the moment offers her own pledge, " Upon the first blossom of Spring, I swear that for the turn of a year and a day I will serve and be faithful to the Freehold."

A beat, "I will give to it the best of my talent with rhetoric and I will obey its laws. I will be protected by the Freehold and in turn, I pledge to protect this Freehold that I now call home from those who mean to do us harm. If I turn my back on this, may I find my welcome withdrawn."

The Spring Fairest counted on Winter's silence to give her promise due care and consideration.

-1 WP for Swearing the Commendation

Page 21 of 22 First ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 Last
Closed Thread