Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
1401 Mandatory Free Council Meeting

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Reverb had been informed in no uncertain terms that there was an emergency meeting of the Free Council to be held in the Byzantine, and that all members were to attend, no exceptions. Of course, she was informed enough that she went ahead and provided everyone with the courtesy of a personal text so they'd have the number to her red burner phone, which sat on the table in front of her.

Snakebite sat, booted feet up on same said table, reading an issue of Rolling Stone with a look that flittered between amused and irritated, with numerous pauses where it looks as though she might set the magazine down or throw it across the room. Her outfit was low key, for her at least, but a careful observer might notice something was strapped to her underneath her now-unzipped jacket. Something dark and ominous.

Looking over at the time, she wonders who'll be on time in this bizarre turn of events where she'd herself been early.
    This is a generic account for moderating the Mage game/forums. It cannot receive messages and inquiries should be posted on your character sheet or messaged to the specific Mage ST(s).

W
    WakingDream

Impulse walks in wearing his usual non-jogging outfit. He was understandably confused at the mysterious text, at first assuming it was a prank of some sort until he had heard that others got it too. Still a little worried about who this stranger was, he made sure to have a few spells cast ahead of time.

Spells cast at Sanctum
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-01-19 22:14:52 Impulse rolls 6 to Temporal Eddies (10 Again) 1, 9, 7, 8, 6, 1 2 successes
    2014-01-19 22:14:19 Impulse rolls 6 to Temporal Dodge (10 Again) 9, 9, 3, 9, 3, 4 3 successes

He was a little lost upon seeing the woman with her feet propped up on the table. Truth be told, she looked more like an arrow than a free councilor. He grinned. Well that's the great thing about the Free Council, we can fit in anywhere. And she looked like a pretty cool person, he was sure they would get along.

dark and ominous indeed...
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-01-19 22:19:46 Impulse rolls 6 to wits + comp (10 Again) 1, 7, 9, 8, 5, 7 2 successes

Upon noticing the gun, Impulse rethought the whole 'getting along' thing, and simply hoped he wouldn't get injured. Finally, With a smile, Impulse walks up to the young lady and offers a hand. "Hey there! I'm Impulse. Are you the one that called the meeting?"

Looking up from the magazine, she gives Impulse a quick once over before replying in her thick British accent, "Yeah, have a seat. I figur'd I'll just tell everyone at once when they get here, if that's alright wif you?"

As per 'fame' rules, you are welcome to roll wits+composure+3 to recognize this person from media.
    This is a generic account for moderating the Mage game/forums. It cannot receive messages and inquiries should be posted on your character sheet or messaged to the specific Mage ST(s).

B
    Beej

Reverb descended into the private lounge. Unlike the suit he wore to the last meeting, this time he's barefoot, in a kilt with no shirt, no eye patch and a towel around his shoulder looking the world like he jumped out of the shower and raced to the meeting. That would be a little weird to think he drove across town like that but he does own the club and it is in a hotel. With his shirt off there is quite the collection of scars including what looks like something big like a bear or a lion slashed his chest and dogs gnawed the crap out of left should and arm.

"Gotta say, didn't expect you'd be you." he says as he walks past Snakebite before glancing at Impulse. "Hey man." he waves at the Acanthus and then walks over the bar. Discarding the towel on a table he pulls out a carton of orange juice and pours himself a glass.

5suxx to know previously
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-01-20 00:00:51 Reverb rolls 8 to Wit+Comp+3 (10 Again) 5, 8, 2, 10, 1, 8, 9, 4, 10, 6 5 successes

Throwing it back in two gulps, he looks down at his right hand and works his fingers through the Omnivision Rote before pouring himself another orange. "Bar's open if your thirsty."

1suxx omnivision
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-01-20 00:49:55 Reverb rolls 6 to Omnivision Rote (10 Again) 1, 7, 8, 6, 5, 1 1 success

Kite walked into the Byzantine, wearing his typical semi-professional outfit – formal shirt, pants, light boots, and longcoat. The ensemble was completed by his ever-present cane, its tapping heard as he walked down the stairs to the private area of the Byzantine.

“Impulse, hey there” Kite waved to the younger Syndic, before turning to the other libertine familiar to him. “Reverb… ahh….” Kite seemed taken aback by the new libertine’s appearance. “Um… hi… good to see you.” he smiled and waved, mentally figuring he had gotten caught off-guard by the sudden announcement.

Upon seeing the new face in the room, Kite smiled and approached, his hand outstretched in a greeting. “You must be Snakebite." he said, politely and formally offering his handshake. "I’m called ‘Kite’. It’s a pleasure to meet you…”

Kite recognizes Snakebite (4 suxx)
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-01-20 17:38:36 Kite rolls 9 to Recognizing Snakebite (Wits + Comp + 3(Fame)) (10 Again) 4, 6, 9, 10, 9, 2, 5, 9, 4, 7 4 successes
      Sanctum Spells(all with a 24 hour duration:
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-01-20 18:46:46 Kite rolls 8 to Casting 'Mental Shield' (Gnosis + Mind + 2(HS) - 2(Dur)) (10 Again) 9, 10, 6, 9, 8, 8, 7, 6, 2 5 successes
    2014-01-20 18:46:21 Kite rolls 9 to Casting 'Third Eye' (Wits + Empathy+ Mind + 2(HS) -2(Dur)) (10 Again) 4, 7, 1, 8, 1, 2, 7, 3, 3 1 success
    2014-01-20 18:45:44 Kite rolls 8 to Casting 'Organic Resilience' (Gnosis + Life + 2(HS) - 2(Duration)) (10 Again) 9, 10, 7, 9, 9, 10, 4, 10, 8, 7, 9 8 successes

Your rolls to recognize her are sufficient to reveal the information in the Wiki. 'Vicky Bones' is a controversial figure in music, charity, and political commentary.

"Really? I suppose that would mean you're yourself then," Snakebite snarks in response to Reverb, glancing up from her magazine to get a look at him. Pausing a moment, she adds, "I won't spill anyfing if you won't, V...Verb." The smirk and wink might seem more flirtatious if she weren't armed. The look she gives Reverb could be read a number of ways, given his outfit choice.

"What have you got on tap, by the by? The lot of us might want something shortly, if that orange juice isn't a religious conviction. But I'd prefer to wait for all of you if I may have my druthers," she continues, giving a quick look around to confirm her head count was less than five as Kite arrives.

When Kite comes over for a handshake, she casts the magazine down, closing it so no one will see she's reading the latest gossip about herself, she offers him a brisk handshake as her boots slide off the table to firmly thump into the ground. "You have a reputation, Kite," she states in a neutral tone as she looks him in the eye for a moment. "Everyone feel free to have a seat, or a drink."

Recognizes Royce
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-01-20 19:25:02 Someone rolls 6 to do something insignificant (10 Again) 5, 3, 4, 3, 9, 8 2 successes

M
    Moe Ronalds

Two canteens full of water and a giant jug with X's on the label slosh (without splashing) as Buzz Whistler descends the stairs into the private lounge of Byzantine. He nods to the assembled folk as he nudges the jug onto a nearby table. "Hey gang. Sorry I'm late. I promised Impulse I'd try to bring some mead this time and driving was kinda funny with this thing between my legs. Made it with my own bees!"

He waves at Snakebite, taking a second to notice she's a new face he didn't see last time.
    QuoteQuote:
    52404 2014-01-21 20:26:14 Buzz Whistler rolls 6 to Recognizing Snakebite (Wits + Comp + 3(Fame)) (10 Again) (10 Again) 6, 1, 1, 1, 5, 8 1 success
    "God damn!" He offers to shake Snakebite's hand."Anyone ever tell you that you're a hell of a soundtrack to hunt bears to?"

R
    Rinny

Hypnos descended the stairs of the Byzantine wearing black leggings and an over-sized red cardigan over a pink sweater with a white button-up underneath. The collar of her shirt peeked out over the neck of the sweater, giving her a dressy but casual look. She had considered it appropriate given the urgent tone of the text she had received, as she hadn't had much time to get ready...
    Going back to the Byzantine brought up uncomfortable memories...she flashed back to the incredible briefness of the prior meeting, which could only be properly summed up as a disaster. But this time she promised herself she was going to be more confident.

She approaches the gathered group with a friendly wave, briefly glancing and nodding towards Kite before noticing the new face and giving her a once, maybe twice over. This must have been Snakebite, the one whom had sent out the text. She had met everyone else...

Noticing the gun...
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-01-21 21:53:25 Hypnos rolls 6 to Wits + Comp to notice the gun (3 + 3) (10 Again) 7, 7, 2, 1, 9, 3 1 success

Hypnos' closes her fist as she spies what appears to be a firearm strapped underneath the woman's jacket, concerned but not shaken by its appearance. Still, it causes her to bring up her defenses. "Well, with me here, I guess that makes all of us, right?" She smiles towards Snakebite, taking a seat at the same table. "What sort of news do you have to discuss?"

"No, that is a first. I'll have to take your word for it," Snakebite replies to Buzz's very folksy compliment, accepting the handshake for a brief greeting. She nods to Hypnos' appearance, and her statement, saying, "That does indeed appear to be the case."

"I'll extend the offer to our newcomers that I did everyone else. Feel free to get a seat or a drink for yourself if you'd like either before bad news."
    She's slowed down her speech and taken obvious pains to sound 'more American' so everyone can understand her clearly, and lets the words hang ominously a moment as she gestures for everyone to proceed if they wish. She will wait for that to sort itself out before continuing, in a commentary riddled with order slang that anyone who was trained in another Consilium of Free Councilors should recognize.

"There's no pleasant or polite way to inform anyone of this news, so it just needs to happen. Samdei is dead. He was shot twice on a rescue mission for a couple of Rankers who were snatched. Sharp, solid employment, but the community at large won't respect selfish, narrow-minded Freak Ouncers now will it?"

"I'll let this news sink in, and by no means feel rushed, but given the rumours of manifold issues in this city, it is my intention to stay here for the foreseeable future. Which means I would love to hear from all of you about what's important moving forward, and to hear your talents described in your own words. Whenever you are ready."

Her speech done, she nods solemnly and heads over to the bar to look for an ale of the appropriate temperature and darkness.

W
    WakingDream

Impulse greets everyone cheerfully as they enter. When Reverb walks in, however, he pauses. A moment later he laughs, patting the older man on the back. "No one told me it was gonna be that kinda party!" He says, his tone as friendly as ever. "I think I'm a bit overdressed!" He laughs again, slapping his knee.

He waves enthusiastically as Buzz walks in, quickly walking over to help him carry the jugs. "Hey man! Glad to see you here! You do take your 'mead' quite seriously, don't you?" He smirks, placing the bottles down on an empty table.

Finally, after everyone else had been seated, Impulse relaxes in a chair of his own. He nods at Rinny's statement, as forward as it was, she had a good question. "Yeah, SB! What's all the commotion about?"

That was about the time that his good mood ended. He had trouble understanding the newest free councilor in Sacremento, be it her accent or slang, but one sentence rang out clear as crystal. "Wait...." He starts, all trace of mirth expunged from his voice, "Samdei? As in our Samdei?" He looks around the room incredulously, eyes settling on Kite for slightly longer than everyone else. "Is this a prank?" He asks, his voice dripping with venom.

Without realizing it, he had begun to grip the armrests of his chair so tightly that his knuckles had turned white. He could feel his face heat up as emotion began to swell. If this was some sort of sick trick, or joke... Well, it was all the courier could do to stop from seeing red.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread