Watch
(1401) Teo and Michael

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)
    Aspect of the Predator active outside Elysia

PRE

Beej

Michael nodded politely to Joslyn's introduction and bowed to Martha, before turning most of his attention to Teo. Some of it was still spent on trying not to flee or fight the ever-growing crowd around Martha.

"Thank you, Brother Raluca. Let's find us a less busy part of the hall to talk."

He then leads the way somewhere far enough from other officials to speak undistracted.
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1
    Aspect of the Predator active everywhere because Deputy
    Status(Academia) 3 (PhD Scholar)
    Sanguine Scribe of Terror
    Default Vitae: 9/10

B
    Beej

The Mekhet followes the Gangrel to a spot out of the hussle and bustle that is Martha's orbit.

"As I understand it your new position focuses more on the edges of the domain?" The Ranger was a novelty to him still, the product of American domains. He personally did not see a quantitative difference between hounds or rather deputies and rangers except who they report to. Although if one considered all kindred suffered paranoia to one degree or another, one would have to notice two seperate enforcement wing reporting to two different masters. If one did not know the relationship that porported to exist between the Herald and the Reeve, one almost might think they did not trust each other another possibility was a certain caution on the part of the Prince and he was hedging his bets.

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)

PRE

Having got out of the crowd, Michael relaxes a little:

"More like parks and forestland. I'm supposed to maintain the Masquerade and educate the Kindred about hunting in those places when necessary. In practice, I mostly patrol these areas looking for poachers and act as a Deputy to Herald Villiers whenever she needs it", - he pauses for a moment thinking about something and then adds, - "I like to be helpful to the Domain, plus I'm following the advice that my Sire often gives me. Being helpful increases the chances of you being helped. And not killed".
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1

B
    Beej

Teo nodded as Redfill more fully explained the position. "I see." Then something occurred to the Monk that was equal parties tantalizing and alarming. "Has there been history of..competition from other groups in the edges of the domain?" He needn't specifically name creatures. They were both Dragons and knew full well that Kindred were not the only things hiding from the kine and some of them could rend a kindred in half as easily a human.

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)

PRE

Michael shrugs his shoulders:

"I haven't seen any conclusive evidence of there being anything but us and Ghouls in Sacramento. Of course, Kindred often go missing, but except for the house where I woke up after being captured we have no reason to believe that people aren't simply passing through".

And then the doctor adds with a smile:

"I also wanted to thank you for your tutelage. I've found the results most useful both in my studies and work for the Domain".
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1

6. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    B
    Beej

Teo nodded his head, inwardly a little disappointment. An a dangerous but valuable avenue of study un-open.

Then you can give me the secret of Protean. "I am grateful I could be of help Supplicant. For every bit we make easier, our Requiem becomes more bearable." Teo shook his head with a soft smile. Every hour he could make easier, was a defeat of the great enemy. Then something else occured to him, the Temple. But then he realized that was a question better left for Martha. "Ranger," Teo chuckles slightly, his mood shifting away from plots and Crone. "very American title. I have watched quite bit of Gene Autry and John Wayne. When I think of that as title, I imagine star badge and six-shooter."

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)

PRE

Even though Teo has made it clear that he doesn't hold Michael in debt, the doctor still felt that his kindness needed to be repayed. Finding something of similar value was a bitch, though.

Maybe, once I get more pull here, I'll ask Dillon. But I haven't busted my ass for the Domain nearly enough to be allowed to teach a Covenant member Protean. Although they share some beliefs, so maybe it will be easier... Worth thinking about some other time.

Michael shares the Monk's laugh:

"To me, Walker Texas Ranger comes to mind immediately. I loved that series as a kid. Ironic, that I can't shoot if my life depended on it. Can manage one serious kick, though", - he grins.

And then something Teo said before, catches the Ranger's attention. He ponders the topic for a few seconds, before speaking:

"Mmm. I actually don't think of our condition as a curse. It is what we make of it. And every new power helps us survive and learn more, unless we grow reckless. I suppose it's my Sire's schooling", - there is a fond smile on the doctor's face now that always appears whenever he mentions Andrey.
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1

B
    Beej

Teo visibly paused as he searched his memory for the a reference to 'Walker Texas Ranger.' "Ah, yes. The actor from Delta Force." He nodded. That made sense to Teo given Redfill's study of marshal arts.

He again nodded at what Redfill had to say, even if he did not entirely agree with it. Having a demonic presense inside one's self could only be described as a curse. But the underlying sentiment was a mostly correct way to look at the Requiem. "You're mentioned your sire's teaching several times. Have you ever given thought to..expanding on this subject in writing? Your outlook on this is the more orthodox in our covenant. Treatise on fundamentals of Study and work ethic? I find the experience of writing not only educational to others but forces myself to more critically analyze my on though process and positions."

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.