Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
Meetings with the Savage Priscus

Headstrong
    Headstrong

PRE

As agreed upon at the time of the clan meeting, Konstantin and Headstrong are to meet tonight, at the same part of the William Pond Recreational Area where the meeting was held.

Konstantin arrives in the form of a bat, taking human form as he lands. He is dressed in thick jeans, leather jacket, thick leather gloves and a black t-shirt. He looks around to see if Headstrong has already arrived, and if not, he sits down on a picnic table, finds a stick and uses his Bowie knife to whittle.

Headstrong, respecting the man and his prowess in combat, was already present. She had even arrived a bit earlier than was expected to make sure she wasn't late. Headstrong wore the exact same outfit she'd worn to the clan meeting and also carried the same sword -again badly concealed on her back- the bodily wounds she had suffered then were gone but her clothes still remembered. Bearing silent witness to Konstantin's entrance she stops leaning on her motorcycle and, standing up straight, approaches her Priscus at a relaxed, non-threatening, pace.

"Konstantin, you wanted to talk?" Headstrong says without inflection but with a slight nod that indicated her deference.

Headstrong didn't especially like talking but it was something people and the Order had been expecting from her more and more. Besides she thought Konstantin had earned her words the previous time they'd met. With luck they might even converse during sparring, Konstantin probably wouldn't might that either.

As Headstrong approaches, Konstantin puts away his knife. "Yes. I want our clan to be strong, ready for fights ahead. You and I, we are the strongest of the clan. It is important we work together for the good of the clan."

Konstantin reaches into an inner jacket pocket for a small, spiral-bound note pad and a pen. Flipping open the notebook, he says, "I want to know what things you can teach others in the clan, to make them stronger, and what sorts of things you need to learn to be stronger. I know you cannot share any Dragon secrets, and do not expect that. But other things... unusual skills or powers of the blood, skill with tools or vehicles... anything that might aid us.

"Also, I would like you to help me train the others to fight well, and together. Vedderman is yours, of course. Aesop is... interesting, but strange. I want to work with him. Which others do you want?"

Headstrong considered Konstantins 'proposal'. Besides teaching her Dragon Slaves she'd have to teach Gangrel too? Truth be told she found the martial side of things more intuitive -if inferior- than the more rarefied teachings of the Order and she'd get to cut loose more, get a feel for the other combatants in Sacramento and she could still prioritize Order business... So basically it would be like fighting whenever she felt like it and she'd earn favors for her tutelage too? Favors she could use to temporarily bolster the ranks of the Axe-Sworn if so required?

Headstrong was pretty sure she was missing something but couldn't see what it was. No matter how you cut it, it seemed like a good thing.

"I know the rudiments of our shape changing abilities. I know how to fight; both armed and unarmed. I can teach how to use a bow and arrow. I can teach how to get the most out of vehicles and motorcycles, both through driving and through maintenance."

"I've witnessed Final Death several times and faced it in combat too. This I cannot teach but I can prepare the young ones for it and I know how a group should fight to avoid such things happening needlessly."

"I myself require a skilled sparring partner that knows how to use axe and spear beyond the basics and, more importantly, a tutor in our shape changing ways."

"For pupils I would have Vedderman, O'Neil and Fenix. There are tensions. They will be dealt with."

Konstantin thinks for a moment, then nods, smiling. "Good choices. I will take on the others. I like that you face that challenge, dealing with that tension. Very good.

"I would be very glad to spar with you, and teach you the way of the spear and other long weapons. I will also share what I know of our form changes. And I would like to learn to drive. Cars. Motorcycle. Truck... big truck."

Being 'one of the guys' was paying off once more. Polishing nails and doing your hair would have made her a laughingstock here. To accomplish anything you needed real skills.

And true, she favored the motorcycle and let Gideon and Stephen handle the more ponderous vehicles if she could get away with it but in her life and unlife she'd driven pretty much anything at least once. It was all just a matter of self-control, making the vehicle an extension of yourself.
    Not being able to drive at all was mighty strange though... Was Konstantin that old?

"Yes, we will spar. I will teach you how to drive; motorcycles, cars, trucks, monster trucks -anything with wheels. And you will teach me the power of shape changing." Headstrong nodded in agreement, not quite smiling but nonetheless obviously satisfied.

"Yes," Konstantin agrees. "Is good. But tonight, we will spar. I did not bring spear, so let us fight without weapons, without claws... just hands and strength."

And with that, Konstantin lunges at her, slamming into her full-force, knowing she'll be braced and ready and do her best to give back whatever he dishes out.

He smiles as they collide.

<fade>

Kharn

At the close of the clan meeting, Konstantin had set up a follow-up meeting with Fenix. On the night chosen, he arrives at the same place the clan meeting had been held, wondering whether he or the Inquisitor would be the first to arrive.

Fenix arrives shortly after, his rinky car can be heard truttling along as he approaches. He walks up, a small smile on his face, as usual. He wears his axe on his back, obfuscated from view, though he truely believes he has no need for it. He moves to Konstantin, giving him a hearty shake of the hand.

"Well met, Priscus, I hope the night finds you well?"

"Yes, very good," Konstantin says, nodding and standing to return Fenix' handshake. "And you are good also this night?"

"The Dark Prophet looks in favor, I have no complaints for this particular evening. I must tell you, your mastery of our family's discipline astounded me." Fenix says, his face showing a genuineness.

"Thank you," Konstantin says, accepting the compliment. "I have worked on it many, many years, learning many ways of changing my form. But there is yet much to learn, yes? Aesop is at least as skilled, and can do some things I cannot.

"Part of what I wished to talk about is what you have learned, of the powers of the blood, of martial skill. This Domain is at war against an unknown enemy, and Clan Gangrel will be front line of this war when the time comes. We must know our strengths and weaknesses, sharing strengths and overcoming weaknesses. So, tell me... what do you bring to the battle?"

"I cannot honestly say that I am proficient in any one discipline. I have the basic knowledge of Protean, of Obfuscate, and Resilience. I am also versed in the miracles of our lord God. I am capable of using those sorceries, most specificaly the gift to summon for a scourging whip made from my own blood, a weapon that causes grevious wounds. As for more mundane martial means, I am very proficient in the use of weaponry, most specifically a greataxe. I have been trained in its use for years, and weild it well."

"The axe is good weapon," Konstantin says, nodding his approval. "I may want you to teach basic fighting to some of those less skilled."

He thinks for a moment, then asks about the sorcery Fenix mentioned. Konstantin didn't know much about such things, and frankly he didn't like or trust them, but it was important he know what weapons his clanmates had available.

"This sorcery whip you mention... this sounds like a frightening weapon, and the Haunts are not the only of our kind who can use fear. You can use this outside church matters?"

"I would teach them to the best of my ability, Priscus." He says, pride making him smile slightly.

"The whip, yes, it can be used under any circumstance, as long as I have found reason to justify the use of my blood and find the cause worthy of God's name. There are many heresies in this world, Priscus, and not all of them directly involve the church."

Konstantin nods. "Good, good. This enemy is an enemy to all our kind, all covenants and clans. We will need all the weapons we have to crush them."

"So," he continues after a few moments, "What do you need to learn? It is my job to make sure we are all as strong as we can be. I will teach what I can, so will we all." In truth, he wasn't sure he could count on everyone to be on the same page, but he would deal with that when the time came.

"My main interest right now is to learn the power to have my blood increase my strength, I have not learned it, but want to sorely, it would improve my ability to combat the enemies of this domain, in God's name."

Konstantin nods. "Is good, being strong of arm. I will teach you that."

"Thank you Priscus, are there any powers you do not know that you would want to learn? I would teach you to conceal your weapons, if such a power is unknown to you."

Konstantin thinks, and he smiles at the idea of being able to carry his spear openly as he patrols, so long as he is careful of cameras and so forth. "This would be very good thing," he says, nodding.

"You will be working with Headstrong some, on fighting," he tells Fenix. "If Headstrong thinks you good enough, she may have you help train the others. You will work with her and Sean and Peter. I do not care if you like each other, but you must fight as a team. I trust Headstrong. Listen to her. You and me, we will teach each other powers of the Blood. I will be teaching Headstrong our form-changing ways also, and can teach you together."

Konstantin gets a wide-eyed look, almost ecstatic, his voice a feral growl as he explains his vision. "When it is time to fight the enemy, as many as can will move in as bat or wolf or other beast, unseen... take them by surprise, crush them before they know the war is come to them!"

Fenix thinks about it for a moment, the idea of taking the form of a wolf or bat is very appealing to him. "I will work with her, and I will serve this clan as best I can. Headstrong, it will be good to work with her, we shall whip the less combative of out clan into a fighting force that would do this domain proud."

"Very good," Konstantin says, nodding. "Get in touch with Headstrong, work with her. And when you are ready to learn how to use the blood to make you stronger, call me." Konstantin makes sure Fenix has Headstrong's contact information. "We will get together soon, to spar... get used to how how each other fights, and learn to fight together."

After a pause, Konstantin grins and says "But, why wait on that part?" He lunges at Fenix, bare-handed.

Fenix smiles and ducks back as Konstantin lunges, he launches into a striking jab with his left arm, followed by a hard kick with his right foot.

Konstantin is ready, catching the jab with the outside of his arm and the kick mostly catching his thigh, and then he grabs Fenix's leg, preparing to toss him onto the ground.

Fenix, knowing he isn't the best grappler by a long shot attempts to jump back, striking once, twice, three times, as he makes his tactical retreat.

Unfortunately for Fenix, neither his hopping retreat nor his off-balance strikes deter Konstantin, who finally upends Fenix, slamming his head and shoulders to the ground. Konstantin remains upright, though half-crouched in the "ground and pound" posture so familiar to today's devotees of the fighting sports. "Yield yet?" Konstantin asks. Fenix sees the older vampire, though clearly not intent on feeding, has extended his fangs in the excitement of the fight.

Fenix laughs a little, always happy for a good fight, but he knows he's brutally outmatched. Still smiling, he nods. "Yes Priscus, I believe I would also like to learn a little of that as well..." He says acknowledging his fighting ability.[/QUOTE]

"And I will teack you. We all have things to learn," Konstantin says, giving Fenix a hand and helping him up. "The only shame is to not see this."

Fenix takes the proffered hand. "Very well Priscus, I will make haste to get into contact with Headstrong, so we can begin discussing how best to handle training others."

They say their goodbyes, Fenix smiling happily as he makes his way to his piece-of-shit car.

Closed Thread