Watch

All-Hallows Haven Ranch

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    K
    Keen

Korvin

All-Hallows Haven was small ranch, but surrounded by about 100 acres of property and woods to act as a suitable buffer between it and any potential civilization. The entry gate was a metal one with the name worked into the front of it that swung open on mechanical hinges when Korvin's car approached. The driveway was worn down from countless tires and lined with gravel making it a slightly bumpy, but not unpleasant drive through a series of woods and past a large pasture. All of which lead up to a little two story ranch house with a wrap around front porch with two large barns behind it. In the moonlight the windows glittered and smoke could be seen curling up from a small chimney making the entire scene appear almost like something out of a postcard.

Katsuro Tomori

Korvin approached in his truck and looked around a bit as he pulled up. His blush of life was in place as would be proper and his mask of tranquility was up out of sheer habbit. Getting out of the car he looked around, scanning the woods out of curiosity as well as a simple matter of proceedure. He gave a low whistle looking about, then approached the door and rang the bell, his arm behind his back. He had dressed a little nicer today, wearing a button down shirt, no hat and he'd put a bit of hair product in over a rather loudly colored leather jacket. (think fight club, rather than snatch) In his mouth he had a cigar going, but was careful to make sure the smoke didn't simply loiter around the door. The smell was of cherry and vanilla tobacco and the cigar itself seemed hand rolled, probably due more to style and cheapness rather than any indication of an expensive cigar.

Active bits.
    Katsuro Tomori Presence 1 (Reserved) H:7 V:5 (Blush) W:6 French Japanese English

K
    Keen

Above Korvin on the porch came a soft "Caw!" then another and yet another as he could hear little taloned feet hopping about on the tin porch roof. After a few moments if he looked up he'd see three sets of beady little raven eyes peering at him from the darkness.

Inside the house Octavia heard something a good deal different.

"Mom! Hey Mom! Mom! Someone's at the door! He's got a hat Mom! And is smoking one of those firesticks the two-leggers like to smoke!" Called Ve the first of the Raven triplets. "Mom! He rang the bell Mom! Hurry up Mom!" Called Vili the second of the triplets as he hopped about beside his brother crowing down at the intruder. "Should we run him off Mom? I can totally run him off Mom! Really!" Called Vali the third as Octavia hearing the bell and her feathered children dashed down the stairs lest the more warlike of the siblings decide to take matters into his own talons.

Prying the door open Octavia met Korvin wearing a comfy blue t-shirt and jeans her violet locks still damp and messy from a shower. "Well hello handsome. Care to come in?" She asked stepping aside to let him pass her as she stuck her head out the door.

"Cut out the racket you three! If you wake Virgil after I spent so long getting him settled I'll have you feathers for quills!" She griped though the threat clearly had no backing to it what so ever and came of more teasing then scary. Still the ravens seeming to get the message hushed down and went back to whatever trouble they had been getting into previously.

"Sorry about those three. They seem to forget they're birds not guard dogs." Octavia exclaimed with a good-natured roll of her eyes. "Can I get you anything? Coffee? Tea? Coco?" She asked the picture of an excellent host. The inside of the ranch house was as cozy as the outside had looked. Korvin had been let into a moderate sized living room with a large fireplace that had a rather soft looking rug thrown over the wooden floors that had a coffee table set between it and a large somewhat threadbare, but comfortable looking couch. The walls were hung with paintings and a few older tapestries with a set of curling wooden stairs that lead up to the next level. To one side was an entry way where Korvin could catch a glimpse of a orderly looking kitchen.

Katsuro Tomori

"Always good to have an alarm system..." He said as she appologized for the birds that had startled him briefly till he realized what they were. He'd never seen ravens be so chatty, but it still wasn't the strangest thing he'd seen in his nights. "Curious creatures, though it is funny to be greeted by my name-sake." he pulled the hand that was behind his back and held up a purple lilly that matched her hair color. It was still in a small pot, he figured she would prefer the plants alive, given her animalistic tendancies. "You never know when a strange man might arrive with courting gifts, after all." he gave a light smile, and kissed her on the cheek. "And no thank you I'm not terrifically thirsty or anything...quite content now, really." This of course, wasn't entirely true. He'd not really fed in a bit, but his reserves were still plenty. Running on half a tank should be fine, after all. He inhaled the cigar, briefly then realized he had completely forgot to ask. "Is it alright to smoke here?" he asked appologetically.
    Katsuro Tomori Presence 1 (Reserved) H:7 V:5 (Blush) W:6 French Japanese English

K
    Keen

"I raised them from eggs and no matter how many times I've relocated them they've always insisted on sticking around. They probably were hoping you had a treat or something shiny for them. They are rather notorious little thieves so it's best to keep and eye on the lot." Octavia replied with a broad smile when speaking of her little black feathered children. However at the sight of such a beautiful flower she couldn't help, but blush lightly at the gift. Taking the flower from him she bobbed a short playful curtsey.

"Oh yes gods forbid one of them shows up." She teased setting the little flower on the window sill beside a few little orchids and a fern. At his sudden worry about the cigar she waved him off. "Don't worry about that. You're fine. As long as you're not smoking in the sanitation room or around any of the newborns then you're fine. I've never had much of a problem with smoke anyway." Octavia added glancing back at him as she strolled over to take a seat on the couch patting a spot beside her.

Katsuro Tomori

"I do try and be mindful of where I smoke." he said staring at the little red cherry at the end of his cigar as though it was some kind of bitter enemy, before sitting down with a much happier expression. "So what's the plan tonight?...other than perhaps you explaining to me how you managed to train your birds to speak so well, that's more than most are capable of to my knowledge..." he asked curiously inhaling from his cigar, being careful to blow the smoke up and to the opposite of where Octavia was sitting. "You are a most curious woman..." he finished with a light chuckle, almost as an after-thought spoken aloud.

K
    Keen

"Raven's tend to mimic the things they hear and without any feathered role-model they attempted to talk like their surrogate mom." Octavia explained with a shy grin doing her best to hide the slight shock she felt at his sudden suspicion. Deciding to change the subject she eyed his cigar with an arched brow. "Well I do suppose it gives you somewhat of a waifish charm." She murmured low a slight husky growl to her voice as her eyes sparkled mischievously at him.

"And I don't see you complaining about my innate curiousness. If anything~" Octavia added reaching out to gently pluck the cigar from his mouth covering his lips briefly with her own in a quick kiss before returning to him his cigar. "You seem to enjoy it." She teased not wanting to admit that she enjoyed it too and probably a lot more then she should. Ever since the other night whenever she thought of Korvin a brief blush of attraction would surge through her strange, hot and foreign to the usual busy-body trainer.

Katsuro Tomori

"Oh, come now there must be some trick to it, I've never been threatened to be run off by a raven." he chuckled light heartedly, while he moved the cigar to his other hand farthest from her. He kissed gently along her neck a few times, his beast practically tasting the blood beneath her skin while he focused on returning her effections and laying on more than a little charm he growled gently in her ear "Besides, " his lips brushed against her ear as he spoke, gently gliding his fingers along her arm tracing a vein absentmindedly, leaving just the tiniest of pink marks that fade relatively quickly trailing behind his nails. "I want to know you Octavia, it's like we speak the same language at a baser evolutionary level...and that is for me a very rare thing indeed."

Date Action Roll Result
    2014-01-07 00:57:25 Korvin Angustri rolls 7 to Noticing a purposeful change of subject (10 Again) 2, 2, 8, 8, 6, 7, 5 2 successes

Date Action Roll Result
    2014-01-07 01:03:22 Korvin Angustri rolls 7 to Being extra persuasive. (10 Again) 1, 8, 1, 9, 8, 7, 7 3 successes

K
    Keen

"There's really no trick to it other then just using the bird's own natural territorial instinct." Octavia fibbed, after all it was only half a lie seeing as the birds did actually have a territorial instinct. "They simply view the ranch house as their 'nest." She added more then a little thankful that Korvin couldn't understand animals like she could. However as he leaned in to kiss her neck she couldn't help a shiver of mixed excitement and attraction a soft growling purr rising from her throat in answer to his own as he touched her. It was as if she had become hyper aware of everything about him from his voice to his touch as he murmured so very persuasively.

It couldn't hurt to tell him just a little could it? She didn't have to go into detail or tell him everything after all. Besides it'd been such a long time since she'd had someone to confide in. "I~" She began unsure were to start as a blush colored her cheeks. "I've just always had a knack with animals. Especially wild ones. They just like me. Maybe you're more in touch with your animalistic side then most humans which might explain why we understand each other so well." Octavia explained reaching up to carefully set his hat aside on the back of the couch as she ran her fingers through his hair her nails lightly scrabbling against his scalp as she trailed them down the back of his skull and then neck.

Date Action Roll Result
    2014-01-08 16:49:33 Octavia rolls 5 to Lying (10 Again) 10, 7, 1, 7, 8, 8 3 successes

Date Action Roll Result
    2014-01-08 16:46:16 Octavia rolls 8 to resisting persuasion (10 Again, WillPower) 5, 3, 8, 8, 2, 4, 2, 2 2 successes

Katsuro Tomori

((Forgoing the lie detection roll, because he wouldn't be thinking to look for that sort of thing at the moment))

"You know, in the Old Country the different families some say the oldest of old blood have special powers. The Angustri for instance were known for our clever ways, and bewitching charm, amongst other things..." He gave a wink and a grin here, as though he weren't being terribly serious. "Perhaps you've just got your own gifts." he spoke with a shrug. Whatever she was, she was interesting. She had a lot of potential and Korvin certainly wanted to see where that would take her, at the very least he could perhaps build a secondary haven should he ever need a place to hide. This was out of the way enough, and with the blood bond he could trust her, that was a solid fact. He kissed her wrist as it made it's way down passed his face, and sighed as she tossled his hair.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.