DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)
    Aspect of the Predator active outside Elysia

PRE

OOC

"That does seem to be our best bet, doesn't it? Before we call in heavy artillery, let's check", - he then goes to Google maps and goes through the panorams at the ends of all bridges in Sacramento for something suitable. Now that they know what they are looking for, it shouldn't take too much time.
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1
    Aspect of the Predator active everywhere because Deputy
    Status(Academia) 3 (PhD Scholar)
    Sanguine Scribe of Terror
    Default Vitae: 9/10

Martha Villiers

PRE

Based on the general direction of the group's thinking and the 'theme consistent' guesses raised, the 1930's engineering marvel of the 'vertical lift' Tower Bridge begins to make sense. There have been reports over the years of people seeing a ghost on the Bridge and even a sighting of the dreaded Mothman!

If true the Mothman would be quite a way from his traditional lair in Virginia.

Perhaps it could be the impressive and unusual "Sundial Bridge" opened in 2004 with it's 217 feet tall gnomonic pylon near Redding would certainly fit the general mystical theme too...or there's the much more mundane and crumbling century old I-Street span.

The Pioneer Bridge would make sense thematically too.

A search on the computer eventually shows that Sacramento has 451 bridges within it's boundary.

Claire has sufficient financial resources to be confident she could arrange a helicopter within a couple of hours. Once the helicopter is fueled and flight ready, she estimates the gang would have a couple of hours left for flight time before dawn.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Claire Edmonton
    Claire Edmonton

PRE

"So what do you think?" asks Claire, her phone at the ready, "Shall we take a flight tonight, or do we start with our other options?"

B
    Beej

While chartering a helicoptered sounded sensible and an entertaining approach, he was cautious. "I believe chartering flight is the best approach, I am hesitant to do so tonight." he explains slowly. "Americans are very..through in their security and surveillance relating to airports and chartering helicopters and planes. I can speak of this from recent personal experiences. I feel charting one this late in the evening might draw unwelcome attention. Perhaps one could be chartered for tomorrow and appear more mundane in nature?"

Claire Edmonton
    Claire Edmonton

PRE

"I'm not worried about additional scrutiny, darling. Rich people are supposed to be crazy, remember? We could get in at least a couple hours of aerial photography tonight to get ourselves started. Michael, what do you think about it?" Claire replies, seeming annoyed by Teo's wish to delay matters when they were clearly gaining momentum over whoever had found the other clue first. Now was the time to press their advantage, not quake in their boots over government annoyances.

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)
    Aspect of the Predator active outside Elysia

PRE

Michael nods to Claire:

"Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. Maybe we'll think of something new as we survey the city from above", - he pauses for a second considering something and adds with a smile, - "And I'd like to split the payment with you, Claire. I can afford it and we are doing this together".

And then a new idea hits him:

"We should also focus our attention on airports, helipads and such. It is another possible solution: that the clue can be spied from air shortly after boarding an aircraft".
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1
    Aspect of the Predator active everywhere because Deputy
    Status(Academia) 3 (PhD Scholar)
    Sanguine Scribe of Terror
    Default Vitae: 9/10

Claire Edmonton
    Claire Edmonton

PRE

"That's perfectly reasonable, Michael, but it will save time if I simply handle this swiftly. You can reimburse me to whatever degree you deem within your means later," Claire replies, happy to spare his feelings but not particularly concerned with a few measly thousands, given the stakes. After all, while she was fine with the notion of him achieving more power when they were on agreeable terms, leaving him feeling 'castrated' might sour it considerably.

Punching in the numbers and placing her phone call, she makes all the arrangements smoothly and easily to prepare their helicopter for flight well before dawn. With cameras.

B
    Beej

I guess we're ready for the next scene.

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread