Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Tricks of the Trade

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Leo Lockheart

PRE

Leo strode into Cesar Chavez Plaza with a bit of a grin on his face. He finally had the ability to heal others, and if all went well he'd leave the park even better at it. The EMT couldn't be happier on this particular day.

Dressed in his somewhat usual attire of a black hoody, navy blue T shirt, Blue jeans and black boots, Leo decided to give the park a quick once over before settling down. The Arrow found a bench under some shade and decided it was a good place to wait for the doctor. He pulled out his phone and checked the time, content that he was still a few minutes early.

2 suxx Armor 5 suxx Sight
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-01-02 21:24:11 Leo Lockheart rolls 9 to cast Supernal Vision (Wits+Occ+Prime) (10 Again) 10, 1, 4, 8, 7, 7, 2, 10, 10, 8, 3, 4 5 successes
    2014-01-02 21:23:42 Leo Lockheart rolls 6 to cast Organic Resilience (STa+Ath+Life-1) (10 Again) 9, 8, 4, 2, 3, 4 2 successes
    2014-01-02 21:23:10 Leo Lockheart rolls 7 to cast Organic Resilience (Sta+Ath+Life) (10 Again) 3, 2, 6, 2, 4, 7, 3 failure

“Hey, sorry I’m late.”

Kite appeared shortly after Leo arrived, a cup of coffee in one hand, his wooden cane in the other. He nonchalantly walked up to the Arrow, but didn’t sit down. “Why don’t we walk for a bit, ok? Say, over there…” Kite pointed to one of the empty picnic tables in the outer circle. By happenstance, perhaps because of cooler than normal weather, it appeared to be empty.

“We can eat and talk a bit after we sit…”

All Sanctum-cast spells have a 24 hour duration
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-01-03 22:47:44 Kite rolls 8 to Casting 'Gain Skill - Animal Ken'(AM)' (Gnosis + Mind + 2(HS) -2(Dur)) (10 Again) 10, 2, 10, 4, 9, 10, 3, 1, 7, 7, 1 4 successes
    2014-01-03 22:47:21 Kite rolls 9 to Casting 'Third Eye' (Wits + Empathy+ Mind + 2(HS) -2(Dur)) (10 Again) 6, 8, 5, 5, 10, 5, 2, 3, 7, 1 2 successes
    2014-01-03 22:47:00 Kite rolls 8 to Casting 'Organic Resilience' (Gnosis + Life + 2(HS) - 2(Duration)) (10 Again) 1, 7, 3, 9, 3, 10, 10, 1, 7, 3 3 successes

Leo Lockheart

PRE

"Hey. No big." Leo said with a shrug as he began walking to the picnic table. "So how have you and Animus been?"

“Animus and I… haven’t exactly been talking much.” He winced. “Wait a minute, let me keep this discrete…”

After looking around, checking to see if anyone was watching them, and after receiving Leo’s go-ahead, Kite started to mumble words in an arcane dialect. A moment later, a strong-but-subtle weave of techné fell upon both willworkers.

“The truth is,” Kite began again, more confident in his ability to speak, “I’ve been staying awake for anywhere from 20 to 48 hours at a time, using my training to stay fresh and keeping my sleeping breaks to a minimum. During the day, Animus sleeps and I am at work. But at night, he wanders the streets and I follow at a discrete distance, making that there’s no trouble.” The libertine willworker took a moment to rub his eyes after stifling a yawn. “Excuse me… Anyway... So far, I’ve been able to head off any potential issue or situation, but I feel as though I’ve been burning the candle at both ends…”

Kite’s expression abruptly turned from exhausted to inquisitive, as he peered curiously at Leo’s arm and shoulder. “What about yourself?” he asked. “Any residual soreness or other ill effects from his attack?”

Kite drops ‘Gain Skill’ on himself, and casts ‘Incognito Presence’ on both himself and Leo (3 suxx):
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-01-05 20:33:51 Kite rolls 8 to Casting 'Incognito Presence' (Gnosis + Mind + 2(HS) - 2(2 targets)) (10 Again) 5, 5, 9, 2, 10, 5, 3, 8, 7 3 successes

Leo Lockheart

PRE

"Hand was a bit stiff for a while, but that wasn't Animus." Leo shrugged as he walked. He managed to heal eventually, and the fight was just a more intense training session. At least that's what he had been telling himself.

The Arrow then turns a concerned look to the other willworker. "So, do you need help or something? I mean that's gotta get pretty intense, and I do feel kinda bad for...um" Leo fumbled his words as he looked for a nice way to say 'stabbed the shit out of your grieving cabalmate'. "for my part in the issue."

“Don’t pay it another thought,” Kite waved off Leo in an attempt to assuage the Arrow’s guilt, “no one should have to apologize for defending themselves. And the real damage was done to Animus’ psyche, which you had nothing to do with.”

Upon reaching the picnic table he pointed to a few moments earlier, the elder libertine sat with a depressed sigh. “My old teacher would know better how to handle this kind of situation with Animus, but I am at least a year or two away from that level of skill.”

One more sigh, one more sip of coffee, and Kite seemed to finally start to relax a little. “Anyway, you had something on your mind, as I recall…?”

Leo Lockheart

PRE

"Yes." Leo nodded as he took a seat. "But hold that thought a sec." The Arrow took a deep breathe as he reached out to his Watchtower to bend the sound around him, or at least tried to. The deep breathe turned into a sigh as he lifted his hand and traced a circle in the air. He cloaked the spell to try and hide the pulse of magic, but could tell the spell was probably perceptible to anyone paying attention.

"Damn." The young man muttered under his breathe, obviously a bit embarrassed at his half assed attempt at spellcrafting. "I bent the sound back in so only the people at this table could hear our conversation. I swear I'm normally more subtle then this though."

Leo quickly looked around to make sure he didn't draw unwanted attention before continuing. "I wanted to talk about the trick you used while I was fending off the wolf at the warehouse, y'know the reason I'm not dog food right now. Would you be willing to trade for it? If so what would you be interested in getting in return? I'm open to trading other tricks or pitching in to help Animus, since he is one of our club members and we're down a Sentinel until he gets better. Or do you have something else in mind?"

If you have Mage Sight up you need to roll Perception-1 to have your unseen senses trigger.

Kite’s head popped up the moment Leo’s willworking went off, and he reflexively turned around in place to see if anyone else was looking in their direction. “I have to confess, I did feel that. Though it wasn't as intense as normal…” he admitted, “But actually, that provides a segway to what I would like to talk about…”

After taking another sip of his coffee and resettling himself, Kite responded. “I am willing to discuss this, but I would like to know a bit more on what you're capable of, teaching.” Slowly, Kite seemed to become more and more intrigued. “That Arcanum you used just now to cloak your techné - your willworking - how skilled are you in it right now?” Another pause, another sip of coffee. “Back in the tunnels before we escaped, I remember asking whether you could set up an illusionary wall. Fortunately, it proved unnecessary, but… are you currently capable of managing a task like that?”

Kite senses the willworking:
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-01-12 00:18:57 Kite rolls 5 to Pereception - 1 (10 Again) 1, 9, 3, 7, 7 1 success

Leo Lockheart

PRE

"Yes." Leo said with a smile. "The proper term is 'phantasm' and as a Disciple of Prime I can make a fragile image of pretty much anything. Problem is if anyone touches it, it'll fall apart. Only Adepts or Masters can make them sturdy enough to withstand anything more then a touch and even that is still not as sturdy as the real deal."

The Arrow pauses for a second and sighs. "Unfortunately I don't know that particular trick. I could teach you the trick for vision, or how to mask your aura as a sleeper or whatever. The Cloaking thing is pretty basic as an Apprentice, not even a spell itself so much as a modified casting of something else. Any of that strike an interest?"

"Do you know the attack techné associated with that Arcanum? If not, are you planning on learning it at some point?"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread