Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Ack: Anabella Prieto

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

One of the more useful Elysian staff helps out new arrivals by discreetly directly Kindred towards The Stairs.

The Stairs lead away from the mortal nightclub to a subterranean area set aside for Kindred use...

Anyone descending The Stairs will detect the tangy aroma of freshly squeezed lemons wafts up from the sub-space.

Once at the foot of The Stairs a new arrival can see the layout more properly.

http://nwod.org/wiki/index.php/Avalon_Underground

In the cellar vault beneath the nightclub the lights are low. The silence is almost tangible.

A calm atmosphere prevails.

Recessed lamps cast a soft glow and the bright and rich scent of freshly made lemonade and squeezed lemons fills the air.

A Latin motto is inscribed over the doorway as one descends The Stairs. It reads in delicate silver lettering: "Per Ardua Ad Astra" ~ through struggle, to the Stars.

The Court area is decorated with long black and purple silken drapes cascading from floor to ceiling. Draped in elegant bunches and gathered into valances across door frames and between supporting pillars.

There's a rich and lingering scent of exotic rose incense; the lighting is intentionally low.

A delicately painted pattern and illustrations of ancient and strange Zodiacs adorn the ceiling.

Adorning the walls and carefully lit are truly large digital prints of NASA's renderings of the largest galactic entities and the very farthest reaches of Deep Space.

Martha's costume and attire for the evening seems almost fully black. A long velvet hooded cloak. Her cane is resting across her lap. She's shunned her Blush of Life.

As she sits, it's obvious that she's probably wearing a pair of thigh high boots. Her sturdy leather gloves are, however, more obvious.

To those initiated into the mysteries of the Marvel Universe Martha's dressed as Selene, the psychic vampire Black Queen of the Hellfire Club.

There's a simple coffee table in front of her along with notes, printed out copies of maps of Sacramento and copies of many US newspapers and various academic periodicals.

Somewhere close by the butler, Dal, may be lurking to attend and the Reeve cannot be far behind too.

Martha is currently engrossed in reading a battered copy of "War Powers: How The Imperial Presidency Hijacked The Constitution." by Prof. Peter Irons.

Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

The curious, cautious gait of the Daeva was obvious as Ms Prieto, despite the implicit confidence of her fashion choice, felt entirely awkward without her knives. Well... she did have a pocket knife tucked into her boot, but with a barely two-inch blade, she was essentially stripped bare by her own considerations.

She told herself Sacramento was likely safe again, that there was no way the same hunters who had twice pressed stakes against her chest (only to fail, of course) could not possibly still be here. There were too many Kindred in Sacramento for this to be possible. Surely they'd gobbled them up.

But being paranoid hadn't really helped, so after she was confident she was not being pursued by anyone, she made her way back. It had been a circuitous route, but here she was.

She sees two unfamiliar faces, with no trace of beasts. It was probably a good thing she'd eaten, or she'd have been terribly tempted to snack on the cute waiter. She felt a distinct uncertainty as to the lack of that distinct desire to run away from one particular person. It made it rather hard to be sure who she was supposed to be speaking with. But she'd been around the block enough to make an educated guess, so she looked right into the woman's eyes to say, "Hello. I am here to speak about staying in the city. Are you whom I should speak to?"

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha looked up from her book to react to the Beast she sensed approaching.

Laying her book down she crossed her flesh leg over her false one and studied Anabella in silence. Letting her Beast settle.

The choice of Anabella's dress was interesting. Almost had a retro-feel to it.

"Staying in the city? Of course!" she echoed happily, making a hand gesture to invite Anabella to be seated in the chair opposite.

"My name is Miss Martha Villiers, I have the honor to serve His Grace Asa Clarke, the Duke of this Domain, as his Herald and Seneschal. You may find it easy to address me as Herald Villiers when we are in Court!" she smiles sweetly and humbly and makes a small gesture to indicate the Court all around.

Seeing Anabella's caution, she decided to try to help.

"Are you homeless and alone? Are you in trouble and in need of help, Miss?" she asked with obvious sensitivity and leans over to ensure that Anabella was clear she could help herself to the freshly made lemonade. Martha decided she'd take time to study this lady's legs in more detail in a moment...
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Ana accepts the offer to sit, depositing herself neatly into the chair. She eyes the lemonade with some skepticism for a moment before turning hr attention fully to the herald.

"Of course, Herald. I am pleased to make your acquaintance. I had actually met with, I believe, a Deputy McCann? And Mister.. Raluca, also? If it is not to bold to ask, do they still reside in this city?"

"And no, I do not believe there is any trouble. I had sought to just first settle these matters of ... formal introduction?"

She pauses several times in her speech, the effort to remember names having thrown off her rhythms and exaggerated, or rather somewhat unmasked, her accent. She does, however, visibly relax at the apparent safety of the situation.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Nodding to confirm Anabella's questions Martha began to relax too and took a moment to silently study Anabella's legs and boots.

"I hope I maybe forgiven the observation, but I do like your dress, Miss! Very modern and stylish...with a hint of the military too!" she added with cheery brightness.

"Why thank you!" Ana replies, clearly accepting the flattery wholeheartedly.

"I wore this same dress when I came by your Court a year or so ago, but I don't remember seeing you there. You have very lovely eyes. I would not have forgotten," she replies, tilting her head ever so slightly to the side and forward to get a better look.

Martha Villiers

PRE

A small giggle followed Anabella's praise. Martha fidgeted with her crippled thigh as Anabella sought to get a better look at Martha's blue eyes.

"How kind of you to say so, thank you!" she added bashfully. Taken by surprise by the reciprocated flattery.

She daren't take another look at Anabella's legs now...Anabella would surely notice, so Martha merely looked coy and sweetly innocent.

Maintaining her smile and focus on the Herald's eyes, Anabella asks, "Has anything changed through the year? The Deputy showed me a, eh, Presentation when I was here before. Does it still hold true?"

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha's gaze was held fast. She tried a shy smile and nodded meekly. "Oh...er...yes, indeed...some changes. I shall happily explore them with you...I have a Presentation to share, you see..."

She rubbed hard at her crippled thigh and offered another shy smile.

Anabella hesitates, as though wondering whether she'd accidentally done more than just talk, but no, the Herald was indeed locking eyes with her. Her smile shifted ever so slightly into a grin with a healthier dose of self satisfaction.

"Was there something else? Or should we begin?"

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.