Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
(1312) Coronation of Winter

Page 4 of 22 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... Last
    S
    Saeyer

Ava grinned and shook her head at the reference; it wasn't quite what she had meant from the question, but she appreciated it nonetheless. "Agreed, though I hope nothing shakes me quite so firmly." While it was a lovely ballad, finding her heart's desire only to end up dead didn't quite appeal. Suppose the Lady couldn't help being cursed, though.

She smiled and waved to Morgan when the other Beast arrived before nodding to Aaren. "I'm afraid I'm not as familiar with the art, but for when the piece was written I can imagine it went through some great hands. Which is your favorite?"

Her attention was caught by movement and she glanced up to see a rather good looking man in a suit wave to her. Smiling and raising her hand automatically to reciprocate, she froze. ... Who is that? Mentally ticking through the people in the Freehold she knew who were not already in attendance and were male, the list quickly narrowed. A look of mild consternation passed over her face as she realized it was Jason Shepherd , but quickly turned into a crooked grin and a raised glass, mimicking the first time they met.

A little sheepish, she turned back to her conversational partner. "Sorry, took me a moment to recognize someone. Please continue."

Date Action Roll Result
    2014-01-02 17:24:53 Ava Campbell rolls 5 to recognizing Jason (wits+comp) (10 Again) 8, 8, 9, 7, 2 3 successes

C
    Casitive

Or so completely,” Aaren adds off of Ava's hope that whatever ends up shaking her, doesn't shake her to ruin like it did the Lady. Aaren takes the moment to sip at her cider before setting it down on the napkin to her left.

With Ava's attention ensnared, Aaren's gaze followed towards Jason Shepherd offering a quick smile of long-distance greeting towards him. The Fairest then asked, "Who's that?" before continuing.

There's a piece in Connecticut, by William Hunt, that catches the Lady at the very moment it all goes south. There's a kinetic feeling to the piece, the chaos of the moment with her tapestry's threads swirling around her, becoming tangled are expertly captured.” Aaren considered the piece from memory, the swirling threads and the bright colors, the Lady's hair flying around her face.

One can argue it evokes a few emotions. From hope to a dawning realization of despair all over one, singular glance.” Getting a quick brain wave, Aaren reaches into her clutch and pulled out a smart-phone, searching for a picture of the piece and showing it to the Autumn Courtier.

Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green is still in conversation with Connor.

"Heh. Yeah thats right. Uh. So. You planning on settling in?" The mountain was not an exactly talkative type, but tonight he was going to give it a try.

After all, it was the changing of the seasons. He could afford to be talkative. And I really should know more of the 'Hold he thought.

Lobo Argost

L
    Lobo Argost

"Yes, I am. I've grown to like Sacramento." Conner sipped his martini. "Would be nice to find a girlfriend. Not interested in Fairest though."

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Nevada hummed slightly and bit the inside of her lip. "I-I think... W-well, you'll g-get your dr-drink s-sooner if you c-come with us Mary."

Dominyk Prise

PRE

You surely don’t mean that, Mr. Smith. I was fairly certain you were hitting on Lady Mary when I first met you.” the tall, mask strengthened author said as he slid next to the three-eyed darkling. “Good evening, Lord Green, I hope you enjoyed the book, though I still do wish that I had been able to gift it to another, at least someone was using it, wouldn’t you say Lady Campbell?

When he noticed the gilt Fairest in conversation with the slightly damp beast he tipped his head slightly at the woman, “My apologies.

To the bartender he ordered two Moscow Hot Chocolates, a Tequila Sunrise (for Mary) and a White Zinfandel (for Nevada).

He turned back to the White Lady and began pointing people out, “You have, of course met Lord Green, and perhaps Lady Jack, you seemed close enough at the library. The gentleman at the door is Lord Swilla, I’m not sure if you’ve met Lord Harvey, but I don’t see him around. And I’m certain you’ve met, Her majesty, Queen Byeli.” He paused for a moment. “I do apologize for the titling, it doesn’t exactly stop well.

Dominyk Prise

PRE

Dominyk closed his gloved hand in a subtle acknowledgement of rejection.

Well then, it seems we’ll all have to go.” He smiled once again before re-wrapping his arm around his Daisy replacement and directing her and the Winter Albino to the Bar

Mary Lee , Nevada Neige , Dominyk Prise, and all the people at the Bar ( Malcolm Green Lobo Argost Jack Tarra Aaren Eloi Ava Campbell Origins Anubite25 ) continue to this thread

8. Likes Origins liked this post
    L
    Lobo Argost

Conner recognized that voice. It's owner may have strengthened his mask, but he could still recognize the arrogance. Turning to look at him, he gave him a small glare. "I was willing to take a chance on her. Then you came along and stole her away before I could make any headway. Now I remember why I avoid Fairest for dating opportunities as a rule. It's always about you. You care nothing for the troubles of others, only yourselves. Always focused on being the center of attention. Do you have any idea what other Lost go through? Darklings like myself? Beasts? Elementals? Not all of us can be lucky enough to have looks, you know. Don't come up to me and try to be friends with me, sir. You've already rubbed me the wrong way. If you want to be friends, it'll take some serious work on your part. Ask nicely, and we can start over, I suppose. I'm not unreasonable." Having said his piece, Conner turned back to his drink. He didn't like alienating other changelings, but he just had to get that off his chest.

S
    Saeyer

"Oh, that's Jason, he's a friend." That was a bit of an exaggeration, but it rolled off the tongue more smoothly than 'usually friendly acquaintance.'

She nodded along as Aaren described the painting, trying to visualize a general image from the emotions and words referenced. "It sounds beautif- oh!" Leaning in slightly, she took in the image on the small screen. "I see what you mean, with the gesture of the thread and the movement of her hair... it looks almost like she's lost gravity, for a moment. Her arm, though..." The woman's left arm seemed twisted at a very uncomfortable angle, and as soon as she noticed it was hard not to try and pick the symbolism apart, as she might a line in a poem. Having nowhere near as good an understanding of art as she was beginning to believe the woman beside her held, she glanced from Aaren's face back to the painting.

"I can see why you love it, the details are amazing. I bet it would be wonderful in person." After one last look, she leaned back.

With a quick aside to Dominyk, she paused long enough to hear a bit of the conversation before turning back to Aaren with a smile, looking perhaps a tiny bit tireder than before.

"You described the painting very well. Are you an artist?"

S
    Saeyer

Ava looked around at the sound of Dominyk's voice and nodded politely to him, a hint of amusement in her eyes. "It's good to know it would've gone to a good home either way." About to turn back around, she paused after hearing Conner's rebuttle.

Fairest could be difficult, sure, but declaring they were incurably self-centered in front of four of them seemed a little short sighted. And in her limited experience people were not so easily 'stolen away' if they felt any sincere interest; besides, stealing implied ownership. Not particularly flattering, or well thought out.

And yet, she couldn't really imagine them getting particularly bent out of shape over his opinion, at least not publicly. Perhaps it was better to let him sulk than get involved and add fuel to the fire.

Letting out a breath, she turned back to her previous conversation.

Page 4 of 22 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... Last
Closed Thread