Ended
Watch
211 - 216
DISPLAYED
(1312) Coronation of Winter

Page 22 of 22 First ... 12 18 19 20 21 22
    G
    Greebs

Mal held on to her space at the bar until the bitter end, in spite of the discouraging looks from the Dread Queen. The Beast was wary of idly riling her up again, but she was damned if she was going to start scurrying around obediently at the first dirty look.

Suitably fortified against the cold, and with a healthy dose of Dutch Courage to face what came next, she hopped off her stool. A little unsteady on her feet, and more than a little chagrined she had spent yet another night alone at the bar.

She was trying to be better than that, but... her friends were busy, there were crazy people being crazy, what else was she supposed to do? It wasn't her fault everyone but Bitchpants-Mc-Abstinence was perfectly happy to ignore her...

Mal joins this thread.

Marcus Evan

PRE

Marcus shrugs at Aaren's question.

"No complaints."

Seeing Jack offer him the vacant seat and non-verbally ask for his input, the elemental smiles and nods at the beast as he sits down next to her.

"Cheers. I'm afraid dance clubs aren't really my scene. I usually prefer just having a quiet drink and a bit of a chat."

Anyone who had ever seen Marcus rough-housing with his fellow summer courtiers at The Forge or celebrating with his teammates after a rugby match might dispute what he actually considers to be a quiet drink. Regardless, the elemental smiles at Aaren and starts to hand the bag he carries over to the fairest, but she unexpectedly gets up and follows Jason over to Katrin's table. Having missed his opportunity, Marcus covers by simply setting the bag on the table and smiles as he glances between Ava and Jack.

"To be honest, I really haven't gotten out much lately. This is probably the most excitement I've seen since the gathering at the boarding house. What about you two? Where do you like to go to unwind?"

Not wanting either woman to think he only joined their table to talk to Aaren, Marcus tries to make a good impression on Ava and Jack and does his best to be friendly and charming.

I'm not a stalker. I'm actually a nice guy: 4 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-01-30 15:03:49 Marcus Evan rolls 6 to Presence + Socialize + Goodwill (10 Again) 4, 10, 10, 1, 1, 8, 10, 5, 6 4 successes

Court goodwill

G
    Greebs

Drink, what drink?
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-01-30 19:40:57 Malory Grey rolls 7 to Walk in a straight line. (10 Again) 10, 5, 7, 1, 2, 7, 10, 5, 5 2 successes

Making her way to the Queen's table with nary a sign of how pleasantly buzzed she was feeling, Mal gritted her teeth (to keep them from chattering!) and slunk in among the other Lost, taking their oaths. Once, she would have dreaded delivering her oath to the Ice-Queen.

Hell, it wasn't so long ago, she refused to deliver such an oath at all!

But looking at the other Summer courtiers around here, she realised there was a certain... rightness to swearing their oath in the depths of Winter. During the proverbial campaigning season, there was no need for words to display their loyalty. In the long days of Summer, their actions could speak for them. But when all lay still and cold, that was the time to renew oaths of duty and courage... or something. What the hell did she know? The court still didn't even recognise her existence!

She frowned in concentration, as realisation set in that things had changed, and you were free to compose your own oath now. Oratory and poetry weren't her thing. On her best day, she was a poor wordsmith, even if her tongue had been loosened a bit by liquir.

"...until Winter comes again, I pledge the strength of will and body to protecting the safety and freedom of all who would name themselves friend to this community."

Overly brief, and more a declaration of intent than an oath of Vassalage perhaps, but she had a rebellious spirit, and was hard to pin down.

- 1 Willpower to Freehold Commendation

S
    Saeyer

Ava blinked at Aaren's response but nodded and tucked another bite of food into her mouth. Impatience, huh? Is that some sort of hint? She realized they had sort of monopolized the new arrival; she might have wanted to meet more than a handful of Beasts that weren't even in her Court at her first Freehold event. But she didn't really seem the sort to have trouble making friends.

As both Jason and Aaren took their leave to head to the Winter Queen's table, Ava found herself with Jack and the Metalflesh she had seen briefly at the Fallen Faire. Fearing an awkward lull in conversation, she was pleasantly surprised to be met by a smile and a smooth continuation of what they had just been discussing.

Looking at him through the heat-haze she smiled in return, hoping she didn't have anything too unsightly stuck in her teeth. "Honestly I don't go out much either. If I do it's somewhere quiet where I can read, a coffeeshop or park. There are a couple of good places for poetry readings, too, but mostly I end up going wherever I can strong-arm Mal and Jack into accompanying me. So," she smiled a little wider, a hint of laughter creeping into her voice, "Whatever hole in the wall has cheap drinks and a bit of peace."

The golden breath-fog of her voice dissipated as she finished speaking and picked up a piece of fruit, glancing to Jack.

The look she gives Nevada is more akin to a glare. Telegraphing easily her irritated thought, Do you think I'm fucking stupid or something? Her lips form a thin line as her teeth grind together, growing more irritated by the moment as Green, Aaren, and Mal push past her to make their oaths. Her fingers curl, forming tight fists, with a noise like stone grinding against stone. Yet still, she doesn't interrupt. Despite her scowl, almost a snarl, and clear irritation, she waits for everyone else to finish speaking, for a pause in the conversation, before she takes half a step forward.

"I'm new here," she finally speaks up, not loud but firm, as though making sure no one dares push past her verbally in addition to physically, "I don't know any of you, but for the season, I vow not to reveal the true nature of the Lost or the existence of this Freehold, and to never knowingly give aid to the Gentry or their agents." She glances to either side, at the other Changelings around her, before saying the next part, gaze returning to Katrin, "For the support that a Freehold brings, I vow this for a season, and should I break my oath, may I suffer for it the same duration."

She steps back and straightens, her most important business of the night done. Her scowl eases somewhat, though a frown remains. Disappointing, she thinks to herself. I'd hoped for more. What's wrong with this Freehold? She ponders, wondering what happened to make things this way. Or if they had been this way all along. Unless the Queen seems to require the further presence of those just oathed, she turns around, and walks deliberately towards the exit. With just one detour to slap a few bills on the bar to cover her drink. And a tip.

ooc

with the day coming to an end and business done, everyone left.

Winter was come
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Page 22 of 22 First ... 12 18 19 20 21 22
Closed Thread