Ended
Watch

Treasure Hunting #2 - Teo and Claire

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

Brother Teo and Claire have studied the problem.

Claire has, she suspects, gotten a good understanding of the nature of the first riddle and, importantly, the wider puzzle Martha has set.

Pooling their thinking the possible solution to Martha's first clue to the location of the treasure emerged and seemed to point towards a statue. The statue of the Chrome Horse outside the Safeway on 19th Street...

A bright moon shone down from a crisp and clear sky.

The statue of the Chrome Horse - built from the recycled fenders of automobiles - stands proud.

Wreathed a halo of bright and festive lamplight...Claire and Teo have made their way to, what they hope, is the location of the second clue...

@Beej Princess

Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

B
    Beej

"I shall keep my eyes and ears peeled." he tells Claire quietly. A subtle indication that he is using Auspex to keep an eye out for trouble.

When they reach the monument he will use Auspex to listen for anyone lurking nearby or approaching.

1suxx on perception because I'm paranoid
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-12-19 00:01:30 Teo rolls 5 to Wit2+Comp3 (10 Again) 7, 3, 4, 5, 9 1 success

Auspex 1 activated

ooc

Claire Edmonton
    Claire Edmonton

PRE

Claire pauses a moment to observe the scene, and clicks her tongue at the neck of the statue. "Well, we should start with the obvious I'll wager, before getting creative." That said, she goes over to the statue, inspecting the ground around it and the statue itself for signs of tampering, before she might fan out to the surrounding bushes if that proves unfruitful. And, poem in mind, she attempts to weight her search to the clues.

2s Investigate, 1s Perception
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-12-19 09:49:50 Claire Tunt rolls 4 to Perception (10 Again) 6, 4, 7, 9 1 success
    2013-12-19 09:49:36 Claire Tunt rolls 5 to Investigation + Int (10 Again) 7, 1, 9, 9, 4 2 successes

Martha Villiers

PRE

As Claire approaches the Horse Teo hears the approach of a helicopter. Flying low over some nearby properties.

However, there doesn't appear to be a more immediate sentinel, though he'd be wise to keep an ear alert.

Meanwhile, Claire sweeps the Horse and ground for signs of tampering...her perception is adequate enough to see that Martha doesn't appear to have violated the structure of the horse.

But something is amiss with the soil at the base of the Horse itself.

Upon investigation, it doesn't take long before Claire finds, hidden at a shallow depth in the lose loamy soil, a long plastic tube...just as Martha described it would be.

The cap of the tube was once fastened by a seal, a now broken seal, of simple red packing tape.

Inside the tube is, again as Martha promised, a large white card of foolscap size which is protected by a laminated sheet. Upon the card is neatly printed the following verse:-

Lo, you have found a humble Spirit of the Air!
    Yet, behold and tremble, Child of Night,
    As you harken to your second clue: of King Poseidon he is an heir
    All Oceans bow before his might.

For I am a goodly Element I shall not hide,
    That he is oracular! The First Born.
    Ah! But now listen and know: Wisdom shall guide
    Your quest to its root under iron and thorn.

Overhead Teo and Claire can see a police helicopter circles closer.

Perhaps all the recent violence, shootings and killings in the City had prompted a heightened anxiety and posture of security alertness.

Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Claire Edmonton
    Claire Edmonton

PRE

Before the helicopter gets close enough to snoop on them, Claire will punch the poem into her phone and return it to it's place, returning the ground as close to it's prior condition as possible, and noting with a sneer that the seal has been broken. Hopefully, as the helicopter gets closer, it will just see a woman playing with an expensive phone.

B
    Beej

Seeing his companion is finished, Teo glancing one more time around changed directions and walked back past the statue. "Could you email that to me? I believe we should be off."

Claire Edmonton
    Claire Edmonton

PRE

"Of course, let's continue," Claire replies, and with a few deft strokes of her fingers she forwards the poem to Teo and Redfill.

B
    Beej

ooc

Claire Edmonton
    Claire Edmonton

PRE

ooc

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)
    Aspect of the Predator active outside Elysia

PRE

ooc

Michael was hanging a little back from Teo and Claire providing surveillance and ready to join them in case something went wrong. However, seeing as the clue has been recovered, he walks up a bit closer:

"Mind sharing the next riddle?"
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1
    Aspect of the Predator active everywhere because Deputy
    Status(Academia) 3 (PhD Scholar)
    Sanguine Scribe of Terror
    Default Vitae: 9/10

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread