THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

The board is set; the pieces all but laid out ready to play.

In fashionable Pacific Heights the Salon of Cosette L'Arcadienne blazes like a beacon - and why wouldn't it for the little Madame just loves to show off the beauty of her new electric lights. The suite is brazen with the gleam of mirrors and the glimmering of chandeliers. Wonderful plasterwork gives shape and form to the walls, complementing the carefully selected and manicured furniture.

Tonight the piano stands unattended as the guests acquaint themselves with the little Madame's new toy - an ornate cylinder gramophone with an enormous amplifying horn shaped like a flower. Harriet Calhoun can feel their accumulated presence as one would feel the presence of a pride of caged lions. For Cosette L'Arcadienne's salon is for a very select few: the society of the Damned.

Its time to step out.

Here's the door.

Cl4re

Only those characters who have been formally Acknowleged can join this thread.

Chang Princess Larina Catillia Jaling

2. Likes Chrisie liked this post

Ms. Chang, in her typical manner these days, found something humble, western, and grey to wear that seemed to fit the vibe of her intended destination.

Entering the door with the calm, quiet purpose of one who was simply going to be part of the scene now, the hidden beast in sheep's clothing gave the place a thorough inspection as she entered, observing every detail she could before committing to anything so definitive as talking to someone, or taking a seat.

J
    Jaling

She so did hate these gatherings, but her sire had told her they were a necessary evil now and that as a neonate she better get used to it. She did not yet have enough clout to ignore such things. So she dressed in a colorful, yet faded, dress recently tailored to her form and except for the fade looked rather new with a hat that, while not gaudy, had a decently sized brim with a floral arrangement accompanying it. Being that she would potentially be meeting new kin tonight, she allowed her beast's leash some give and did not yet tuck him away. After all, they announced when important people arrived, right?

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Harriet slipped inside the Salon wearing a dress of soft pastels with rich, deep red piping and chocolate lace. She was Gangrel, and for all that she was trying to seem innocent, young, and thus humble, she considered the coloration of the details fair warning to the personality that lurked beneath. She looked around, noticing Larina immediately in front of her then dismissing the Catilla heir.

There was one other vaguely familiar face, and remembering her curiosity towards Miss Chang, Harriet approaches. "Zhaoshang Hao, Miss Chang." she gave a breif nod and settled within conversational distance, then takes her time observing the unknown patrons.

6. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Perhaps feeling a bit playful, or perhaps just caring less and less about the world, Mingmei responds in flawless Mandarin, "Wanshang hao, May xiaojie. Ni hao ma?" Piedmont dialect gives way entirely to Peking.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

The salon took up almost half an upper storey so the gathering could stare out onto two streets. There was a mix of rooms with high ceilings and a small, select staff. There are nine other Kindred at the Salon, scattered in small clusters through the suite. The ambience is high society but the pressure cooker effect of having too many Beast's so close together lends it an air of danger wholey absent from such gatherings. Their is also a singular lack of drinks or sweat meats for the guests to enjoy.

LISTENING TO THE GRAMOPHONE

Eugene McCoy - new, overly ostentatious, suit. Long silvery locks. Tonight the Herald is busy striking a pose. His Beast is stronger than yours.

Hannah - dressed in a well to do skirt and blouse but with a quality not up to the lavish standards around her. A round, unattractive face, framed by hair that is now perpetually sun bleached. Her Beast snarls, demonstrating its dominance and strength compared to yours.

Abigail - attired impeccably, fitting right into the "Gibson Girl" zeitgiest. She reclines, enjoying a foul smelling cigarette and staring distractedly into another of the rooms. Her beast growls back at you, your equal.

Cosette L'Arcadienne - a small, petite thing with full lips and dark eyes. Beautifully attired in something more fitting a gala ball than this strange gathering, her Beast stalks you, a manticore with its quills raised to display its power.

ON THEIR OWN (They're not part of the group listening to the phonograph... really)

Heavy jowled FLOOD makes an attempt to mimic McCoy's stance. It is hard to tell if it is genuine imitation or mockery. He is dressed in a blue suit with a (stained) yellow waistcoat. His beast lunges threateningly only to be pulled back at the last minute; the show of strength confirms it is more powerful than you.

CATALINA takes up the couch next to him, laying across it in an ungainly heap. The woman with the light brown skin looks out of place: a show girl or street walker made good. Obviously bored, she shifts attentively as the three newcomers make themselves known to her Beast, prowling protectively at her side; it is your equal.

THE BILLIARD TABLE

In another room, three Beasts, all much more powerful, gather to play a game. Apparently. They are: -

CLAY HAMILTON - greased, styled hair. Cheap suit. Moustache and ragged stubble. Remnants of a tan. He is applying a thick layer of chalk to his cue and nodding intently to the chatter of the other two.

RED PRISCILLA - named from the red colours she wares. Like Cosette, she has gone for a gala gown this evening and is definitely showing off her new, fashionable, corset that is giving her that special hour-glass figure. She is busying herself attending to the third member of their group, brushing the dust from his shoulders and coat - playing on his discomfort around contact.

TOBIAS - if the shabby, workmanlike clothes and muddy gators didn't give it away, his thin appearance and withered face would. Tobias is of the Nosferatu clan. He also likes Cuban cigars and doesn't like being preened, which is why he is blowing smoke into Red Priscilla's eyes.

The board is set. Feel free to mingle, plot and scheme as you desire

J
    Jaling

It appears that those of power were already present so Larina took a moment to herself and hushed her beast gently back into its cage. She would rather deal with the oppression of the other beasts than with being a pariah in her first Kindred social gathering. Once it had been coaxed back into its cage she gauged the room carefully before making a decision as to whom she should approach. Starting low on the totem pole of beasts as opposed to jumping in the deep end the Gangrel meandered over to the sofa with the one who was not full of themselves enough to actually pay attention to the new ones entering.

Once approached Larina smiled and offered a hand. "Good evening, my name is Larina."

Aspect of the Predator is suppressed for the scene

The silent, invisible beast of Ms. Chang stays entirely well behaved in such a situation - the urge to flee was something she had suppressed so many times no one could have kept a proper count. Approaching the three largest beasts in the room to interrupt their game seemed likely to prove even more foolish than rude, so she instead elects to watch the smaller beasts in the room until one might seem properly available for private conversation.

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Harriet gestured non-comittally and replied, still in her father's language<I was told I would do well here, and here I am. Though I am forced to wonder just how well one can do... She shot a glance towards McCoy and huffed faintly <When a Leader in this City would claim that residents of China Town are Undesirables... And yet it would be considerably more difficult to find housing in this city if I did not take so much after my mother."

12. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Larina

The reclining woman shifts so she can receive Larina's handshake. It is a firm grip; underlying it is a subtle test of dominance and strength. The two Kindred's Beast's circle and snap at one another. "Well hello there, stranger. I suppose we could welcome you to this Elysium. I'm Catalina. And this is Flood. My good friend and... neighbour..." She threw out a vulpine smile at the heavily jowled man, who moved closer to the couch, subtly turning his back on the group gathered by the gramophone.

"Charmed, I am sure," he said, offering his own hand.

Minnie and Harriet

As Minnie and Harriet hang back, the small, petite woman sashays over, her gala gown rustling richly. The manticore follows in her way, a lurking menace. "Welcome! Welcome!" She speaks with a distinct southern drawl, thicker than Minnie's own affectation. "You must be the new blood we have been hearing of, from dear Eugene. I am Cosette. Welcome to my salon." Cosette affects a formal curtsey, but it is not deep. "Please, make yourself at home. I am afraid the Prince will not be gracing us with his presence tonight, but Red Priscilla will probably get bored soon enough and join us." Her eyes linger on the other room where two men and a lady move slowly about the billiard table.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread