DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

This scene follows on from [Edmundo's]Blood Price II

The houses got bigger on Nob Hill. Impressive mansions in solid redwood replaced the simple, rickety, blocks of the rest of the city and the Barbary Coast in particular. The quality of the light was better, banishing much of the unwelcome night. The crowds melted away and the streets became serene, broken only by the clip-clop of a carriage here and there. Nob Hill was the playground of the well heeled...

...And the Board. The Society's chapter house was only a block or two away from Hyde and Clay, the abode of the Prince; which meant that the Isaac Graham Gentleman's club was close by too. Harriet and Luna could feel a press of Predator's at the edge of their consciousness: an indistinguishable, threatening, mass; a danger on the horizon. Fortunately for their plans, the chapter house was free of the Taint. They would not be disturbed by another Kindred, and if one was to turn up, they would have plenty of warning.

It was in the deep of the night when the two Kindred reached the place. A few lights gleamed into the night. Some members of the Society were night owls, it seemed. Light and shadow played games on the building's wrap around verandah. Quiet music drifted from a neighbouring house.

Luna Beej Cl4re

B
    Beej

The Wolf howls as they make their way through the rich and well heeled section of kine and kindred. It paces and snarls but with nothing to vent it's anger besides the increasingly famaliar Harriet it is not something Luna has to pay much mind. Walking up the road to the society, she realizes they are close to the McCoy fellow's house.

"Hopefully he's here or someone that remembers me from the event will be here." say Luna hopefully. If the people around didn't recognize her, things were going to be a real pain.

Walking quickly up the steps to the front doors other Society's door, the gangrel (knocks on the door or rings a bell if one is present).

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Harriet gave a small hum, and fell instep not far behind Luna. She'd step in as necessary, but this was Luna's ride.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

The door creaked as it opened. A dignified man with long hair and a bushy beard stood on the threshold, his clothing simple but immaculate and not in the style one would have expected for a butler or servant.

"Good evening sir and ma'am. May I help you?" Caution overlays curiosity in his voice.

B
    Beej

"Hello sir." she nods to the man takes a step back as to not seem to intrusive. "My friend and I were hoping to speak with Dr. Malachai? Is he staying here? At the show last week he read psychically memories from my broach and well...I would really like to speak with him. About his eastern learning."

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

"Why yes is, as a matter of fact. I'm surprised he ain't gone home yet, what with the likes of you coming to see him all day and night." A note of weariness crept into his voice, lending it a terse timbre that may not have been totally meant. "Do you have an appointment. No. Better yet - come in. Do you need refreshment? We have some lemonade left. Or coffee. I can make that!"

They were granted access. Tiredness leant the man a swiftness that might not normally be evident as he commandeered for them a table and comfy chairs near the space where the demonstration had happened. "I'll see if he can be roused to see you. Who is calling upon him?" Not entirely forgetful of manners, the man purloined some journals and a dog eared copy of the days papers.

Lamplight cast a warm glow, bringing out the relief of the excellent carvings on the wall. Shadows pooled darkly in corners and in the dark wood floor with its rich red mahogany carpets. Paintings and photographs stared with stately disdain upon them. A clocked wore away at the remaining hours of the day with doleful monotony.

B
    Beej

"Thank you sir." Luna glances at Harriet and walks in side. Stopping by provided chairs she takes off her hat and gives her head a little shake, the long curly locks falling down. "Uh, no thanks." she waves off the offer of drinks slightly and glances at Harriet. It's possible she might enjoy some. Turning back to the man she addresses the rest of his questions. "My name is Luna Bloodgood and this is my friend, Harriet May. Uh..I had the broach he read at the your event. He gleaned it was from my mother and father. I've come across some manuscripts that..I can't think of anyone else who might know more about."

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

"Of course," the servant bows quickly and withdraws, seeking the good doctor.

For a time the pair were left alone in the warm glow, amid dark wood and plush furnishing.

Doctor Malachai approaches. He has doffed the turban and the exotic garb he had worn at the demonstration and instead wore a rumpled, over-size evening suit. At some point he had doffed the constricting collar, which lent him a curiously under-dressed look. He looked drained but was still alert as he approached, his eyes twinkling feverishly. The servant hung back, a cautious shade.

"I remember you. You were at my demonstration. You offered a broach." The doctor's voice was quiet: his english was fluent but marked by strange accents, almost as if he had once nearly forgotten his native tongue.

B
    Beej

Standing up Luna smiled. "Thank you for seeing us Doctor Malachai. This is my friend Harriet May." She waves in her fellow Gangrel's direction. "I came into the possession of some Chinese manuscripts however my...expert translated them and..well... They're very old and in an ancient dialect. He said that in them..someone tried to fuse ancient Chinese mysticism with a foreign one. The ritual in the text make's sense...I don't know where the second source comes from. I thought of you when I was reading them..I was hoping if you had the time perhaps you could..look at them and see if the second source was something you had seen before. And if the ritual was real? I have them with me."

If Malachai indicates he's willing, Luna will take out the vellum and notes and place them on a table for viewing.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Malachai sighs quietly and pulls up a seat. "I could certainly take a look..." he says, pinching the bridge of his nose. The weariness that the Doctor wore heavily on his shoulders seemed to evaporate, somewhat, the moment he began to take in the information Luna had prepared.

Date Action Roll Result
    2013-12-24 23:04:59 Dr. Malachai rolls 8 to uses his amazing power of the mind (10 Again) 6, 10, 1, 10, 7, 5, 5, 10, 1, 7, 4 3 successes

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread