Ended
Watch

Cedar Fields: Emma and David

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Emma French

PRE

Outside of Cedar fields the flowers are all past by, in the flower beds are interesting arraignments of rocks and evergreen shrubs. The trees are leafless and decorated with soft blue xmas lights, giving a calming effect for the funeral visitors. The stone walkways are clean and smooth leading up to the wooden overhang which protects visitors from the elements as thy wait to enter the building. A brass doorbell is tastefully displayed to the right of the door. In the corner of the overhang, almost out of sight, is a small camera watching the entryway vigilantly. Deep inside, Emma is preparing her office for a visitor. She sets her low table with a vase of pink oleanders. She starts to pick out a blush wine and decides that would seem too intimate for a business discussion. Instead she took out a pretty floral tea pot with matching cups and saucers. She poured in boiling water with a chamomile and ginger tea. Emma frequently glanced at the monitor as she awaited her guest.

C
    Casitive

Not more than an hour or two ago, David stood in his haven fixing the tie to his three piece suit. He went back and forth between two: one the color of sand and one a darker brown one. Eventually, the darker brown suit won out and it was that, with fastidiously shined up brogues, that he arrived to Cedar Fields in.

It might seem that David just materializes within the gaze of the surveillance cameras; his thin figure back-lit by the soft-blue glow of the Christmas lights nearby. The whole Funeral Home brought about a bout of Nostalgia for the Mekhet that he hadn't had in quite some time. It wasn't an unwelcome feeling.

Reaching over, David rung the door-bell while looking up towards leafless branches.

Emma French

PRE

Emma heard the bell and studied the monitor. The blurred image told her that her guest had arrive as opposed to someone seeking services. One last glance at the office and she headed up to the main floor. She turned on the lights in order to show off the glowing warm wood tones of the walls and the gleam of the glass shelves which held urns, flowers and other assorted funeral wares. She paused to straighten a sign advertising their services for memorial books and online memorial services. Emma straightened her emerald green blouse before she opened the door with a warm welcoming smile.

"Good evening Mr. Regan. Do come in." Emma's green eyes twinkled stepped back to allow him to answer. She waited for beast to react to his beast. When a reaction failed to happen she realized he had the mask. Her smile deepened, this is good for her but her beast may set his off. She had a twinge of wariness as she waited for his reaction.

C
    Casitive

David's Companion was Masked, hidden, a dark mirror of the Man who actively seemed to shirk away from the limelight. It hissed in his veins, in his mind, that the person he was going to meet would shred him; stoking the dim fire of the fight of flight response. David dipped his head for a moment, steeling himself and reminding his Companion that this was not an unexpected meeting.

As soon as he lifted his head, the light inside flared to life. Doctor French was not long after, opening the door in emerald green. “Good evening, Doctor French,” David greets in kind offering a hand toward while stepping inside. “Thank you for taking the time to see me this evening,” the Mekhet adds, imminently polite, while pausing within the foyer to adjust to the change in light and temperature.

David was a man of forgettable features; from a mop of hair that never seemed to obey his wishes, to his delicate hands. A comparison to Washington Irving's Ichabod Crane would be rather apt.

The Mekhet took a moment to remove a scarf and coat to set aside.

Emma French

PRE

Emma shook hands and noted the coat and scarf used as a tool to blend with the kine. Nice touch. She closed the door behind him. "Would you like a tour of the facility or would you prefer to go downstairs to my office first?" Emma asked with her head tilted slightly to the right side as she assessed the man before her. Polite, reserved, proper. Not quite proper, more like her had been taught manners. Real gentlemanly manners. He was a man who could blend easily into the massive herd of a city. Most likely a Mekhet. They usually have the mask and tend to blend into the darkness or into the scenery. Ideas of possible positions within the company came to mind.

C
    Casitive

David's attentive gaze moved across the foyer while he adjusted, unconsciously fixing the sleeve of his suit. Notes of recognition flashed across his features as he saw some of the funeral wares that sat sentry on glass shelves. It was clear, that David knew what they were and their individual roles but Emma's question brought his attention back towards her.

Never quite at her.

A tour of the facility would be welcomed, Doctor,” replies the Shadow, no mistaking what he is from posture and (non) presence. Though it was quite a bit bigger, and more complete, than the place of David's childhood; he took a bit of comfort in the familiar surroundings. Perhaps, his choice also spoke to his patience. “It is a fine place,” David adds, complimentary.

Emma French

PRE

Emma gave the tour of the viewing rooms on the first floor as well as a few meeting rooms and staff offices. Downstairs was the kitchen, the embalming room, the prep room full of makeup and paints, and finally Emma's office. Emma's Office had a plain desk and chair with file cabinets behind it. Near the door was a comfy meeting area with a low coffee table set with tea and flowers with a chair on either side. "Please have a seat. Would you care for some tea?" Emma gave a warm welcoming smile. Emma had added a small dose of fresh blood to the tea to make it more palatable for family members.

C
    Casitive

David was a silent shadow as he walked with Emma as she gave the tour. He was attentive and interested, the Mekhet's gaze taking in the facilities, the equipment, and the tools. Shades of memories tugged at David; remembering those late nights with his Father in the embalming room or his own time doing his chores.

The equipment may have evolved, modernized, but the feeling it all invoked for the Mortician was the same.

No, thank you,” David says, “but, I will take a mug of hot water if it isn't too much trouble?” The feeling of warmth to be leeched from the mug was soothing, and allowed him to stretch his fingers a bit. “Thank you for taking the time in showing me around,” the Mekhet adds.

Emma French

PRE

Emma had noticed how quiet David was during the tour but decided to keep with her brisk and professional presentation. When he requested a mug of hot water she poured him one. "So what can I do for you today?" Emma asked as she sat across from him. Emma took in his body language as well as his tone and words. It was great having someone new to study. Her outward appearance was one of interest and professional confidence.

C
    Casitive

While Emma exuded confidence, David seemed almost timid; afraid to take up what little space he did. He crossed his legs and wrapped his fingers around the mug, relishing the fleeting warmth coming from it. The man was shy, quiet, and not the most talkative creature one might come across. But, as he tightened his hold on the hot mug, it was easy to see the old maxim: 'still waters ran deep' were quite true.

At least with David Regan.

I hope that I'm not being too forward, ma'am, by hoping if I might find a position here,” David starts choosing his words with the utmost of care. “In life, I grew up in a funeral home like this one in Minneapolis and attended Mortuary School.” Which explains his delicate hands and his keen interest. “I'm just settling into Sacramento and I'd like to become more self-sufficient through employment, especially somewhere that is relatively safe.”

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread