Ended
Watch
211 - 220
DISPLAYED
(1311) Fallen Fair

Page 22 of 25 First ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 Last
    S
    Saeyer

"Well," Ava said, glancing at the books arrayed across the table, "What I've got here is mostly about folklore and myth, with a couple of odds and ends. Is there a particular subject you're interested in?" She watched him patiently, curious about what he might be looking for.

The Sewnskin Doctor

Thao makes his way over to the the stand held by the smiling ogress. Though her teeth are unsettling and her visage appropriately grotesque, he can't help but appreciate the chef's enthusiasm and cheer. He orders a bit of standard mortal fair, something deep fried if she has it, and pays for his meal after getting down the address for the Rose Garden. He resolves to pay it a visit sometime.

After getting his order, he waits politely for Nevada to order while looking for a table. He may or may not sneak a few bites of his meal with his bare hands while Nevada isn't looking.

C
    Casitive

Recognition for the Antiquarian crept onto Aaren's features as she glanced his way. The Fairest, for her part, remained quiet rather taking a careful look at two books. Her golden finger traced their covers and opened the first pages to get a feel for them, and consider their worth to her.

For a woman who spends most of her time in the here and now, folklore was just a mite distant. That said, some works of art always keyed into archetypes Aaren found fascinating. “Do you have anything with similar stories to the Lady of Shalott? At least, similar stories. It's a long-shot, I know...” A pleasant voice already impressing her understanding if the Lady Scrivner didn't.

L
    Lobo Argost

"My interests are mainly in lore and things related to fae magic," Conner said, looking over the books.

S
    Saeyer

Pleasantly surprised by the subject of the golden Fairest's question, Ava shook her head apologetically. "Unfortunately no, not here. I'm sure I could find something on the subject, though, if you'd like me to keep an eye out for the future." She was quite familiar with the poem, and intrigued by the woman's interest; while many older tales took the form of ballads, the Lady of Shalott was so specific. Realizing she had spent a few moments too long looking into the Spring courtier's rather striking face, she swiftly shifted her attention to Conner.

"Well you're in the right place for lore, I think most of what's here qualifies as such. It ranges from fairly run of the mill," she tapped the cover of the Grimm's fairy tales, "To a bit more obscure." Her fingers trailed lovingly down the careworn spine of a scholarly book on folklore. "I'd say for person research, or even just curiosity, you've got some good options."

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Nevada leaves the scenes

Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Hands sliding around the binder as if it were a prize possession, Green nodded to the Lost gathered at the table and grunted his thanks to Ava.

Green leaves the table and returns to the main thread. Many thanks

Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green leave's Ava's Table and peruses the other stalls. He is carrying an old ring binder.

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Nevada followed Thao's lead, and gets some of Rosemary's delightful mortal fair - in this case a hot drink to keep her hands occupied. She joined Thao quickly and watched him for a moment. "Are y-you feeling b-better? That t-tithe seemed t-to take a l-lot out of y-you."

L
    Lobo Argost

"Anything that has its origins in the hedge?" Conner kept perusing the books, delicately trailing a claw over some that looked interesting.

Page 22 of 25 First ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 Last
Closed Thread