Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
141 - 150
DISPLAYED
(1311) Fallen Fair

Page 15 of 25 First ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... Last

Stripes feels his whiskers twitch at mention of the local Goblin Market.

"This fair is nicer than the markets," he says honestly, suppressing a growl. "Last time I visited it there was a slave trader..."

The poor little girl in a magical daze sitting in the cave, hollow echoes where the memories he gave up for her freedom are, the sadness and relief upon learning Betony Rue had ensured she was safe...

Stripes quickly pushes the thoughts away and tries to stay focused on the here and now.

"But, uh, yeah... the metalsmith is Marcus, he's a Hedge Warden in Summer Court," Stripes explains, pointing over to the table. "He's a really nice guy. Friend of mine."

It feels good talking. Normal, finally instead of just awkwardly walking around and trying to keep an eye out. He still is but now it feels less like he stands out in the crowd.

"So, where you from?" Stripes asks, scratching at the back of his head. "You're new in town, right?"

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Nevada sighed slightly, and glanced at Thao nervously, still thinking about the apology, and then she noticed the hidefruit. She had had only one once before, so she was shocked to see some displayed, but even more shocked that they hadn't been bought up yet. Hidefruit would easily beat out the Misty Mantle in how well it could mask her presence. On the other hand, it was a one time use compared to the hedgespun Scarf. "H-hidefruit..." Regardless, she shook off her awe of the fruit. She didn't have that much money on her.

She turned a bit, about to speak to Thao, but noticed the teabags and paused. She knew a few different leaves that could be turned into teas, but already dried, crushed, and bag she couldn't make any guesses without bringing them to her nose. It occurred to her that she was delaying actually speaking to the Chirugeon. "I th-think I'm off my g-game today, b-but if you're s-still looking for healing fruits murmurleaf isn't bad. I-I t-tend to be better w-with recognizing th-things to stay away from... Sorry. F-for touching your h-hand too, I didn't m-mean to st-startle you."

She paused then turned to Betony Rue. "Wh-what kind of Tea is this? I-I've heard of b-both jarmyn and c-coupnettle t-teas..."

Tally Benoit

Merits:

Court Goodwill(Summer) •
    Eidetic Memory
    Fleet of Foot •••
    Hedgespun Wolf Whistle ••
    Fast Reflexes •

Health: [][][][][][][][]
    Clarity: •••••••
    Willpower: ••••••
    Glamour: 9/10

Beast Blessing:

8a when Animal Ken skill and spend Glamour to a die to dice pools involving Pre and Com.

Curse:

Suffer -4 to untrained Mental skills. No 10-again with Intelligence pools

Kith Blessing:

Tooth and Claw: Causes Lethal Damage instead of Bashing when fighting unarmed.

Freehold Commendation Benefits:

+ 1 to Clarity degeneration roll and + 1 to Brawl

PRE

Tally looks at the Wind Charms, she likely shouldn't be surprised that they were reminders of the two previous Rulers of Autumn. Then, Al speaks, stating that he wanted the Wind Charms and she asks Al, "You want both of them then? Well, if you were pushed, which one would you pick, the one that makes you faster or the one that makes you quicker? Although if you can't choice then I'll purchase something else."

She nods to Conner as he hurries away. Then she turns to Marcus, she asks, "Do you have any necklaces sporting something that is a canine? Fox, wolf, dog, even coyote, it won't matter."

Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green blinked a little taken aback. His eyes flickered in their stone wrought sockets.

"Yeah. You ain't bought it yet. Don't have your name on it. Might be what I'm looking for too." He spoke in a perfectly managed manner. "Whats your problem?"

He turned his attention to Ava. "What can you tell me about the big book?"

5. Likes CyledyrWyllt liked this post

Dominyk Prise

PRE

Dominyk’s eyes glittered with an oddly neutral expression.

Apparently, like most people, the mountain couldn’t understand that if one stood arguing to have the sellers permission to buy a book you wanted it. Dominyk wasn’t necessarily one to actually do something as harsh as lick the spine in order to declare it his, but the thought might have crossed his mind.

He tucked the book under his arm before picking up the Faerie Tales as well. This he flipped through aimlessly before putting it down. His hand straying to his inside breast pocket.

Marcus Evan

PRE

Marcus narrows his eyes at Conner as the darkling abruptly leaves in the middle of their negotiation. However, the elemental soon puts the odd man out if his mind as he appears to make his first sale of the day. Picking up the sculpture, he carefully wraps it before placing it in a bag for Aaren.

"No worries. I'll just hold onto it for you. Let me know when you're settled and I could bring it over. I like coffee. Coffee somewhere sounds good, too."

The metalflesh gives the sophisticated woman one last smile before he focuses his attention on the bidding war that has unexpectedly developed at his table.

"That sounds fair to me. Why don't you each choose one?"

Marcus also points out a stylized wolf pendant to Tally among the mundane jewelry he has on display.

The Witch Queen regards Jack for a few moments before sniffing and turning away.

"That is fine Mr. Zaybak. I will not hinder those who wish to poison themselves with alcohol, but I do not wish to hear any complaints about your products. You will remember to make arrangements the next time you wish to offer your services at a freehold function."

When Nevada returns to her table with another potential customer, one corner of Betony Rue's mouth almost twitched into an approximation of a smile. Almost.

"Yes, the tea is a mixed infusion of both coupnettle and buglewort. It would be helpful to know if you are seeking something in particular."

J
    Jerry12345

The Paladin was more friendly than he looked like at first, and he seemed to be somewhat important, or at least well connected, a better choice to talk to than he had imagined.

Nikolas loved the goblin markets, but hated the slave traders as much as someone could hate something, the only thing that made him fell worse than seeing a slave on "his" market, was when he noticed that the traders were usually the most successful merchants.

"Yeah, I pretty much just arrived. I was lucky to find out about the fair, would hate to miss it. I'm from the New York freehold, great place, but they were on the edge of a war, I got out before things got too ugly."

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

As she left the book table two other places caught her eye. Thao and Nevada had gone over to Betony's table, which was covered in fruits. But, she also recognized Jack (the beer one not the bunny one) was there too and things were a little tense. While she'd like to hang with her "friends" she'd rather not get between a monarch discplining someone, again. Not without a good reason so she could just wait for Jack to leave.

The other option was Marcus's table which had many shiny things on it. Two of them, not jewelery, really drew in the Beast's eyes. Except he was already talking with a few folks over there. She'd be intruding, wouldn't she? Well he is selling that stuff. Its not intruding if you're going to ask about the shinies, right?

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan's arrival to the table was quiet, drawing little attention, if any, from those present. "Oooooh." Morgan started to reach to pick-up one of the pair of well made knives on Marcus's table before stopping and pulling her hand back. Just, touching stuff without asking was a bad idea. Yes, it wasn't a Goblin Market where touch equals bought/thief, but it would still be rude. The Beast would need to hold one of the two blades before she'd know if it'd be good for throwing or not. Then again, if she made any new friends at the knife practice it could do as a gift of sorts. She had some cash on her afterall.

Looking up, she remembered that there was a crowd, "Oh, heh-heh. Uh, h-hello everyone I'm Morgan. Um-uh, n-nice to meet you if I haven't already. And-and nice-to-see-you-again for the others like Al-Adin and Aaren a-and Tally..." The Beast blinked, realizing she just listed off everyone but Marcus. She grumbled to herself, reddening a little in embarassment before sighing. This time she spoke at a normal speed though with a much less enthusiasm, "R-right, um, do over? Hello, nice to meet you sir I'm Morgan and I'm interseted in the knives please? And hello to the folks who already know this silly raccoon."

Page 15 of 25 First ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... Last
Closed Thread