(1311) Fallen Fair

Page 11 of 25 First ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... Last

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Nevada accepts Ava's hand and nods to herself. She was about to say something else when she caught the combination of Thao muttering to himself about not having the money, and Dominyk offering to buy. She looked at him from the corner of her eye, trying to figure out his motive so soon after Thao expressed interest and admitted he wasn't able to.
      3suxx to Figure out Dom's motives
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-12-05 05:30:44 Nevada Neige rolls 6 to Wits+Empathy on Dom (10 Again) 7, 10, 9, 3, 9, 7, 5 3 successes

Dominyk Prise

PRE

Dominyk grinned, it wasn’t the response he was looking for but it was something he expected.

That is perfectly acceptable, however I do hope you don’t mind that I don’t intend to keep it. I intend it as a gift.” He placed his hand on the cover as if the book was precious. “Winter is very close, and I, at least, have some habit of giving gifts at the passing of the seasons. Honestly I couldn’t find anything better than this particular book for the person I have in mind. Unless I can find a second here.” The slightest hint of an accent found it’s way through his words, but he was speaking truth for those who were wondering.

3success to convince
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-12-05 06:48:07 Dominyk rolls 6 to Convince Ava to let me buy the book (9 Again) 8, 10, 7, 1, 9, 3, 3, 4 3 successes

It’s why I walked over here in the first place. Also to see if you had background information on what became what Disney calls ‘Snow White’.

He hadn’t mentioned payment yet, instead he seemed directed on convincing her that he should be able to buy the book. Almost like that was necessary before he could even discuss how payment was to be made.

J
    Jerry12345

The young beast wore a light gray hoodie that hid his big ears, and some old jeans, the fraying near the shoes was for style, the other holes, were from unfortunate accidents.

Nick grabs a badge and with a little difficulty writes his name in it "Nikolas Roach" the young beast was a little disappointed that he couldn't arrive earlier. He entered the tent, the tables filled with merchandise and the sound of deals being made always formed a nice environment. Not has curious and not nearly as noisy as the average goblin market, but still pleasant. He was pointed to the ogress that held the title of queen on that freehold, he would have enough time to see the tables after talking to her, the queen doesn't looks like the type that likes to wait.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

1 success empathy
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-12-05 10:04:15 Morgan Bellanar rolls 5 to Notice emotions going on (Wits + Empathy) (10 Again) 4, 10, 6, 7, 4, 5 1 success

It wasn't too hard for Morgan to figure out that Thao was acting in jealousy towards Dominyk and why. Many tended to envy a Fairest's seeming lack of physical marring at the hands of the Fae. The Beast personally envied other Lost's ability to think more clearly then she could on many things. What's the saying? Grass if always greener, right. Hopefully it wouldn't go any further though.

She gave a nod back to Nevada, "Oh-heh, fine-fine. No new problems to complain on which is always good. Hope you doing well too, heh-heh." She truly hoped so, the white clad woman was nice.

Morgan gave Green a surprised look when he mentioned his intent to venture within the Hedge again. She'd been inside recently in a group with Green and was amazed he'd want to go in again so soon. Then again, the mountain might not have as recent a reason to fear it as did the raccoon. "Going back already? Green you are much braver then me, heh. H-hope you find a good travel-team."

Morgan did take a look at the books, focusing mainly on the titles and symbols that could be seen. It was said not to judge a book by its cover, yet that was a good way to tell what was inside. She wasn't sure what she'd be able to do with anything she found. Morgan was a far cry from a scholar. Most of her fae knowledge had been gleamed from the warnings of others and her own mistakes. Maybe she'd follow Dominyk's example and gift the book to a Lost more mentally capable then she. "I-I really don't know if I can even really use anything I buy. S-sometimes thinking stuff is hard. Might do the same, give-gift it to a 'ling better at research-stuff." She got thoughtful for a moment before chuckling in embarrassment, "B-but the only one I know for book-reading-stuff i-is you Ava."

That'd be a little silly: "here is a gift I bought from you earlier."

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

"A-as well as I ever am, M-morgan." She shrugged

Nevada digested Dominyk's statements and glanced at Thao, then Ava, then back to Dominyk thoughtfully. "Ah..." That was interesting. Something of an apology or an attempt to smooth things over. Though the White Lady couldn't help but suspect that if the other fairest waited that long to give the book to the intended recipient... Strain. She gave a quick nod to Ava trying to convey that she could sense the truth in Dominyk's words, then turned to the Doctor.

Gently reaching out with a hefty dose of care, she settled her hand onto one of Thao's, feeling his long finger's unique motions until they stilled. "Th-Thao, y-you had seemed interested in h-hedgefruit last time we were th-there, And Queen Jason's has a table of them. I-I c-could tell y-you about th-the ones she has? If- If you w-want." She rather wished she had chosen to wear her freshly purchased Misty Mantle, just to give her the option of disappearing.

J
    Jerry12345

Nik approached the queen's table, trying to keep an I on the tiger, personal bodyguard apparently, he was not really sure if he could approach her like that. "Should I have made an appointment or something? That guy over there seems to be in some trouble."

He pulled his hood down when he was in front of the queen's table, his round ears unfolding and moving around, involuntarily trying to hear everything at once. The beat tried to become the well behaved and respectful young boy he could be when needed to. "Queen Betony? I'm new to the freehold and came here to introduce myself and pledge my alliance. You seem busy, should I come back latter?"

Polite and Innocent
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-12-06 10:02:04 Nikolas rolls 6 to sound like a innocent young man Man+Sub (10 Again) 5, 1, 9, 6, 4, 6 1 success

He was a little sad for the guy getting called over, his table seemed cool, but the queen herself had some interesting stuff in here. "Those gloves look awesome, they are probably worth a couple of fine dreams by the looks alone, if they have any magic on them could be a lot more. And those fruits, nothing like I have seen before, they are probably typical of this region."

Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

"I'm looking for something to pass my time," Green replied honestly. "And I badly need something to help with my harvesting. Last time I tried my hand at it... uh... i made a bad choice." He lifted a hand and rubbed at his forehead: the image of dive-bombing nightmare squirrel's still made him sweat.

His eyes sought out Ava from under his craggy brows. "Do you have something similar? An almanac or Hedge Fruit guide or something?"

M
    Mavspade

While Jack wouldnt mind talking with Ava, there were far to many people here for the Hares sensibilities, besides she and books did not always blend. It was easy enough for the Winter Hare to find her way out of the group silently and with out commotion. If any one noticed her going she would give them a simple nod.

OOC:

S
    Saeyer

Ava shook her head at Green. "For everything other than the large book, cash is great. Unless you'd rather make other arrangements, that is."

a gift, eh? 3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-12-07 15:09:23 Ava Campbell rolls 6 to Resolve+Composure (10 Again) 2, 2, 5, 10, 9, 8, 4 3 successes
    Listening to Dominyk explain himself, she nodded along with a small smile."That's very thoughtful of you. They must be a very interesting person, your friend." There was no doubt in her mind that he intended to do with it just what he said: purchase it, and gift it. But that left the intentions of the friend. "Give me your word that your friend will read it, and we can talk price."

At his question, she nodded easily, pointing toward one of the books closest to him. "Your good old fashioned Grimm's fairytales; definitely one of the newest of the bunch, and the least damaged. Pretty binding, too." It was, to her mind, essentially designed to be a gift in the first place; the gold stamping on the faux leather cover added nothing to the content.

Her eyes flicked to Morgan and she chuckled a little, her lips kept mostly closed until she spoke. "Well if you do decide to do that, better buy two just to keep me guessing." She winked playfully, her tone light and with a faint hint of laughter.

Looking back to Green, she pressed her mouth into as close approximation of a line as she could manage. Sorting gently through the books on the table, she picked a slim, browned paperback up and peeked inside. "This is an almanac, with what looks like some notes in the margins, but its from almost fifteen years. And-" She tapped laid a finger lightly on the spine. "Somewhere along the line it got a bit damp. Totally legible, though; might be helpful?" In her mind there was no reason to keep an almanac past the year of its intended use unless something inside was useful; but there was always, unfortunately, the possibility of hoarders.

Absorbed as she was with those who were speaking, she missed Jack's departure.

Marcus Evan

PRE

The elemental studies the darkling for a moment before answering.

"I wouldn't part with an ordinary blade like her for less than two hundred, but considering how unique she is, I'll also be asking for something special in return. What do you have to offer in addition to money?"

As he awaits Conner's answer, Marcus points out the charm bracelets to Tally.

"These wind charms, for example, were crafted in memory of Rick and Terri. They hold an echo of the swift Autumn wind, and can make you faster and quicker to react to danger. If you're interested in one or both of them, I'm sure we can work something out."

One bracelet has tiny charms depicting birds, feathers and clouds hanging from its chain, while the other dangles squirrels, leaves and acorns from its woven length. The metalflesh gives a wink to the hunterheart as a sign that she will definitely be getting the oldtimer's discount if she sees something she likes. Moving his shiny hand toward the dusters, Marcus caresses the realistic knuckle bones protruding from the metal.

"And I crafted these from the fists of a dead troll I found in the hedge... poor bastard. They lend a bit more pow to your punch, if you know what I mean."

Lifting his eyes at Aaren's question, the elemental smiles as his cheeks take on a slight coppery hue at her compliment. Brushing his surprisingly smooth fingers against hers, he accepts the card and studies the information before putting it in his wallet with a small smile.

"Well, I suppose you'd have to ask her to find out. Thank you, I'm quite proud of my work."

OOC

Page 11 of 25 First ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... Last
Closed Thread