Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 10/11
    Willpower: 4/4
    Health: [][][][][][][]
    BLUSH Active

+1
    SL
    PRE

The darkness presses at the window as Hildegarde arranges the study room to her satisfaction. She had an appointment with Aileen and a boon to obtain. Her first boon - a promise for the future. The Lord still had not decided what form this boon would take, the novelty of it alone, making her mind freeze just thinking about it. Tables and chairs arranged, Hildegarde dropped into a seat by the window as if she were a puppet whose strings had been cut. Vacant eyes stared into the darkness as if the window were a mirror and she was enraptured by her own ethereal beauty.

Bigpaw
    Blood Potency 3|Vitae 11/1|Willpower 4/4|Health 7/7| Doll Face

2. Likes Bigpaw liked this post

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

It hadn't been long since Aïleen and Hildegarde had reached an agreement about that lesson, but the Mekhet still had had ample time to review what she knew of hypnotism, as well as bits and pieces of psychology, in case it may be relevant. From what the Lordess had implied, it seemed unlikely, but better safe than sorry. And since that was all the more true tonight, she had taken the time to make sure her mental defenses were strongly erected tonight before heading toward the Chapterhouse.

Satisfied that she was as ready as she would get, she hopped into her car, and drove to the meeting place. A place she usually felt glad and honored to walk in, but whom she somewhat dreaded tonight. What if she was abused ? But she had to extend some confidence if she wanted anything in return. She had to trust her own protections as well. Her gloomy thoughts were reflected in the weather, she thought.

When at last she arrived, still ten minutes early before the appointed time, the young Mekhet hadn't managed to convince herself, but at least she had a decent face on. The Ventrue was already here, which wasn't much of a surprise.

"Good evening, Supplicant Bingen." Aïleen said, her voice low carrying easily in the silence of the study room.

Hildegarde Bingen,
    The Liberated Puppet
    Hildegarde
    Scene Info

Skeleton Keys: Closet

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 4/11
    Willpower: 1/4

Skeleton Keys: Cotouri

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 6/11
    Willpower: 3/4
    Health: [_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_]
    Resilience Active

Theatre Night

Blood Potency 3
    BLUSH Active

+1
    SL
    PRE

At the sound of the Mekhet, Hildegarde came to life as if a hidden puppet master had returned and taken up her stings.

"Welcome. Welcome Supplicant McFarlane. Are we ready to begin? Good." She rose, focussed, and gestured with a carefully poised hand to a seat. "Please, sit down."

Her voice was the crack of a whip. Her mask blinked in surprise as nothing happened.

Hildegarde is going to try and use Dominate 1: Command on Aileen (for the purposes of demonstration).
      failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-11-23 01:04:11 Hildgarde rolls 7 to Use Dominate (INT + Intimidate + Dominate) (10 Again) 2, 7, 5, 3, 2, 5, 4 failure
    Oh dear...

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

I roll Aïleen's Resistance for future reference.
      4 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-11-23 06:09:03 Aïleen rolls 12 to Res 3 + Comp 3 + BP 3 + MotIH 3 (10 Again) 5, 3, 9, 8, 7, 2, 2, 4, 1, 10, 3, 8, 2 4 successes

Aïleen's smile disappeared as she heard the Lordess's commanding voice. It did not bode well for their relationship if she was to abuse her position as the Shadow's tutor. Yet, Aïleen's mind was set, and she was ready to put up with as much quite easily. After a couple of seconds, she nodded to Hildegarde, and complied.

"Thank you." she said, as she slowly sat on the seat indicated by the other woman. She folded her arms, and waited for the Ventrue to start the lesson as she saw fit.

Hildegarde Bingen,
    The Liberated Puppet
    Hildegarde
    Scene Info

Blood Potency 3

Blood Potency 3
    Resilience Active

Theatre Night

Blood Potency 3
    BLUSH Active

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Lord slowly struck a delicate pose, staring at her hand as though it were about to fall off. With an abrupt movement, she shrugged and sat opposite Aileen.

"That should be the first and last time I am required to do that," she confessed. "It must be experienced first. How else is one to learn? The key to the exercise is poise, modulation of the voice, and gesture. Voice and gesture are the drivers of the Art for they are the physical representation of the Will. You see? Without those cues the subject will not understand the subliminal impulse."

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

Thankfully Aïleen was already sat, for she would have doubted her body language otherwise. Had Hildegarde just implied she had tried to Dominate her ? The Shadow was of a split mind on the point: she was glad she had taken the precaution to ward her mind, and disappointed that her teacher wouldn't have been able to... use what she preached. Better to let it slide, then.

As she commited the advices to memory, she repeated word for word in a low whisper. "Poise. Modulation of the voice. Gesture." At the same time, she nodded to the Lordess, encouraging her to expand on those preliminary words.

"The Blood doesn't play a part ?" she asked to confirm, half-surprised.

Hildegarde Bingen,
    The Liberated Puppet
    Hildegarde
    Scene Info

Blood Potency 3

Blood Potency 3
    Resilience Active

Theatre Night

Blood Potency 3
    BLUSH Active

+1
    SL
    PRE

"If it does, I believe it to be a passive role." At last, Hildegarde sat, slipping into a demure pose as she did. "The Art of Domination is more of the mastery of the Will. An empowered Will, such as one... strengthened... with a Beast, exerts itself on another and shapes it as it wants. That is impression I have from my own studies, such as they are. I have never felt the Blood react in any way when I am summoning my Art, not like when I invigorate my limbs or boil my Vitae so it sublimates into my bones or musculature."

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

"It is true that we have learnt to exert our Will more than most, especially us Supplicant of Terror." Aïleen replied to the Lordess with a knowing nod, and smile. "Perhaps it will be an edge in this study too, then."

So, it was not a power stemming from the Blood, but from the Will. It made sense, but it was better to make sure.

"How do you suggest I start practicing, Supplicant Bingen ?" She had half a plan in mind with slightly softened mesmerized mortals in her center, but feared it might interfere with the kind of control she was trying to learn. Who best to ask then than her teacher ?

Hildegarde Bingen,
    The Liberated Puppet
    Hildegarde
    Scene Info

Blood Potency 3

Blood Potency 3
    Resilience Active

Theatre Night

Blood Potency 3
    BLUSH Active

+1
    SL
    PRE

"The only way to practice is by doing," Hildegarde replied seriously. "This Art is as much a process as it is a dark power. It is like... like a martial art. Of the mind..." The Lord struggled, break her posture and move in an animated fashion for once. "As the masters of the East would say, it is like breathing. One does not need to remember how to breath in order to do so... so the only way is practice. And practice often..."

Her pose reasserted itself with a vengeance. Hildegarde paused. "Fortunately, one can practice with simple commands - stand, stand, sit, hold the door and so on. In such a way, you can practice out in the open and while conducting your regular activities. And then, one day, the Beast, the Will and the Voice will align and it will be so..."

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

"Practice makes perfect." Aïleen said, nodding to the serious demeanor of the Lordess. Her mind wandered off for a split second, as she wondered about the various opportunities she could create. There should be aplenty, indeed.

Focusing back to the present, she asked one last thing. "I will do as you advise, of course. But..." her dark eyes focused intently on Hildegarde as she asked... "would you mind if I tried a few times with you, please ?" It only made sense, but it was still sensitive.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread