Ended
Watch

Winter Bounty in Discovery Park

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    R
    Rosaceae

There were countless things you could find in the wild that a cunning witch could make use of: barks, roots, herbs and fungi the Good Lord placed on this earth for his children to harvest to their benefit. On the morning after a rainstorm, Nona was surveying what bounty was naturally available to her, her expectations for a winter harvest were low, but she had already found some moss and mushrooms today, so she was feeling pretty pleased with herself.

Quietly humming Our hearts have felt the rapture to herself as she walked through the park, Nona would occasionally cross the path to check a tree or kneel down to pick a plant and place it in her bag with a smile.
      Pulse of the Living World potency 4, Organic Resilience potency 2
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-11-22 03:00:47 Nona rolls 5 to Pulse of the Living World improvised (10 Again) 10, 8, 9, 5, 9, 2 4 successes
    2013-11-22 03:00:30 Nona rolls 5 to Organic Resilience improvised (10 Again) 10, 5, 2, 5, 9, 4 2 successes

k
    kimura

What had brought the cheerful Shaman from her warm bed and feline lounging was anyone's guess but here she was, walking a random path, half humming half singing The Gathering with a slight skip in her step, looking and feeling, far younger than she was.

"The song that angels sing... The spell that calls, The Gathering... The magic that might bring,Eternal life, The Gathering"

Her simple colorful skirt danced in the air as she enjoyed the early walk, and no work today, made her a bit more happy. Though the opportunity to expand a child's mind with wonder at the Library was a little disheartening but things as of late had brought out something more.. she wasn't sure the word but Protective was at the top of her list of words.

As usual, or perhaps out of care, no supernal laws were woven upon her small frame as her thoughts of those she loved, and those that she'd lost, danced in her psyche as if a silent spectral company that shielded her, in their own way, from the horrors of the world.

Love was truly a glorious weapon...

Leo Lockheart

PRE

Leo made his way into the park with a sense of wavering purpose. He wasn't fond of morning patrols, but at least the scenery made up for it some. This morning Leo was wearing blue jeans, a black long sleeved T shirt, black hiking boots, and a black backpack.

As the young Arrow makes his way into the park he notes the two women, one familiar, one not. So Banisher, Seer, or newbie? Whoever she was, Leo decided to talk to the familiar one first.

"Hey Kiko." Leo said as he approached the joyful Shaman. He kept a wary eye on the other woman as he leaned in to whisper to the Mystagogue. "Any idea who the new person is?"

Spells and stuff

R
    Rosaceae

Nona kneels, pulls her knife and with a few quick and practiced motions she's harvested and stored a hardy little fungus in a little plastic ziplock. Into her bag it goes, along with her her tool, both safely put away. A lock of hair falls across her face, she brushes it aside as she stands to dust off a little bit of mud sticking to her dress. Settling her bag on her shoulder once again, she smiles and waves at the cute couple sharing the park with her.

"It's such a nice day, isn't it?"

k
    kimura

Kiko was lost in the moment of simply existing and though her senses perked at Leo's approach she didn't really notice him until he was literally on her as she stopped and spun; her skirt dancing about her as she clasped her hands behind her back and cocked her head at the taller Wise with a mischievous and playful grin plastered on her face.

"Nope, not a clue but she's pretty Leo-san. You are well this morning I hope?" turning her attention towards the new comer with a curious but normal expression of her's.

Did Kiko not truly care or was it something else that made her not even remotely normal among the Wise of Sacramento, one could not entirely be sure with the .. stuff.. that was obviously going through her mind.

As Nona offered a polite greeting towards them Kiko clasped her hands in front of her and bowed slightly acknowledging the remark "It is indeed Miss, what brings you out today? Looking for friends perhaps? Hot Chocolate? Other sugary yumminess?"

She looked at Leo and poked him in the arm sticking her tongue out at him "See, she's pretty"

M
    Mystogogue

Previously cast spells
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-11-23 19:24:47 Pertinax rolls 4 to cast Incognito Presence (Wits + Sub + HS - 2(24hr duration)) (10 Again) 8, 8, 7, 1 2 successes
    2013-11-23 19:18:32 Pertinax rolls 7 to cast sense consciousness (wits + empathy + mind + 2(HS) -2(day duration)) (10 Again) 7, 1, 2, 2, 6, 9, 1 1 success

Pertinax jolted awake as a mind passed close by. The feeling of gnarled roots pressing into his back made him immediately regret the decision to take a nap in the bushes, especially if this was a cop here to shoo him along anyway. The warlock listened tensely at the sound of a voice, trying to figure out if he'd been found.
      Can't hear a thing
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-11-23 19:32:55 Pertinax rolls 4 to hear the conversation from his hiding place (wits + composure) (10 Again) 5, 5, 7, 2 failure
    After a moment of fruitless listening he found that no one was standing nearby and decided to risk peeking out from hiding. Looking out, he saw two young women talking, a man standing near one of them; not cops then. Taking a careful step forward for a better look. . .
      failure to stay quite
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-11-23 19:39:42 Pertinax rolls 5 to remain hidden in the bushes while peering out (Stealth + Dexterity) (10 Again) 1, 1, 5, 2, 5 failure
    . . . he cringed at the sound of a twig snapping under his foot.

Leo Lockheart

PRE

Leo's eyes widen with anxiety at Kiko's suggestion. Of coarse she was cute, and she could use a blade. This could have potential.

"I am, and it is." Leo said as a second stranger came up. This one trying to get a jump on them.

"I believe introductions are in order." Leo said to the not so sneaky Pertinax, as he began reaching into his backpack where his trusty knife was hidden away. "You can start."

M
    Mystogogue

Pertinax stood up from his crouch in the bushes, straitening his back as he did so, the look of surprise slowly melting into something altogether more sheepish. His left hand he kept massaging his lower back, trying to work out the kink sleeping on roots had caused, his right he used to pull out some of the mud and leaves matted into his shaggy hair and beard.
    Hoping his old ruined clothes would do most of the convincing for him he spoke, "Me? I'm, uh, no one. I was just sleeping in those bushes. I'm sorry to have bothered you fine people this morning, I'll just be on my way."

B
    Beej

Vincent wasn't the best morning person but he was getting in his run now because he knew the meeting with the hotel mangers would go long, again. Dressed in pumas, blue basketball shorts, a white t-shirt under a blue sweatshirt, black 311 cap and sunglasses, he did not look all that out of the ordinary.

Ear-buds in, he was enjoying the third album from the aforementioned band when he came a clump of trees and spotted several mages he knew, Kiko and Leo . A quick glance around revealed no undead monsters shambling so that knee-jerk paranoid thought was shelved. Walking up huffing a little from the run, he approached the group. Taking off his cap he scratched his sweating head before waving a "Hey all." to the group as a whole. Then turning his attention a little more to Leo he added. "Hey. We in for...breakfast and a show?" It was a rather mean thing to assume but really, when it came to mages, GG Noob quite possibly had Awakened origins.

cast in car before run, 3suxx Omnivision
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-11-23 21:09:34 Reverb rolls 5 to Wit+Comp+Space(Omnivision)-1 (10 Again) 9, 5, 10, 5, 4, 9 3 successes
    2013-11-23 21:08:53 Reverb rolls 6 to Wit+Comp+Space(Omnivision) (10 Again) 4, 2, 3, 5, 2, 3 failure

R
    Rosaceae

And just like that there's a whole crowd around her, some smelling of spellcraft. A welcome party plus one? If these were all sentinels, she hoped she hadn't gotten in their way. The one who was being evasive answered the man, so she directed her answer to the woman who had spoken up first. "I'm Nona. No, I wasn't looking for anyone, just putting a list for my garden together before spring comes. I'm not interfering with anything, am I?"

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.