71 - 79
DISPLAYED
THREADID

(Hisil) Pretender of the Throne

Page 8 of 8 First ... 4 5 6 7 8

Jeremiah Daniels
    Jeremiah Daniels

PRE

Two blinks and Jeremiah understands. <<The Rite of Contrition.>> The Ghost says for everyone to hear. <<The proper way.>> Jessie wouldn't understand, but Jeremiah knows that Kevin and Isaac do.

The Crescent bows to Prideful Harrier. <<We seek an Ally to restore Sacramento to its proper Order.>> Jeremiah glances at the others before continuing. <<We will gladly perform the Rite of Contrition to apologize.>>

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

<<My lord, please, let me tear this mongerl's throat out. You cannot expect fair alliances from one who disrespects you so.>> Fierce Defender growls out, glaring balefully at Steel.

<<If you wish to apologize, you should do so quickly. My guardian is quite zealous in defense of my property. And he has every right to be upset.>>
    The Dog Draped in Resplendent Finery of Shrieking Spirits.

Steels clears his throat, lifting his head just enough to look at both the Harrier and the Dog spirits.

<<It was my fault, I'll make the penance.>> he says, glancing to the others. <<Though I'll need some help to perform the rite.>>

Inwardly he muses over how he'd thought he might need to learn the Rite of Contrition for himself at somepoint. If he could get away with it without further embarrassment, Steel would be kicking himself right now for not taking the opportunity to do so.

He also curses the delay this will cause. He's going to need to hunt down some food to sacrifice, unless these two would accept a bit of Essence instead? Either thought as Steel biting the inside of his cheek.

"Way to go, big guy. Mess it up for the others again." he mentally scolds himself.

M

Jessie wasn't quite sure what Jeremiah was going on about, though a few of the terms seemed familiar. He didn't catch much of a change in the Spirit's behavior yet. Still, there wasn't much else he could do but stick near the group and hope that the one who seemed the most capable had things under control.

Kevin Swift

PRE

Kevin moves to stand in a fluent motion, head turned towards Steel before turning to Jer. <<Is there a place near here that we might hunt for the food offerings without overly disturbing any particular powerful Spirit?>> He turns to ask Prideful Harrier, deciding he shouldn't ignore the Hawk Spirit by asking the Dog Spirit.

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

The spirit looks at Jeremiah. <<You speak well for an Ithaeur, and your brands speak of wisdom. but your pack lacks focus and cohesion, and Leadership. Should I ally with you, you must show me that you can lead.>> It then turns to Kevin, <<There are no other dog spirits in this area. If you wish my help, I suggest you hunt and return with a more focused approach, and an appropriate apology. A pack that speaks without one voice is no ally to me.>> The Bird flaps its wings once, twice, and then soars up to the top of the tree, where it sits, its back turned on the pack.
    Fierce Defender is looking at Steel with the eyes of someone who he wants to eat very very badly.

Jeremiah Daniels
    Jeremiah Daniels

PRE

Jeremiah listens to Prideful Harrier and nods in acknowledgement. Whether or not agreeing with the spirit counts as weakness, he ignores...mostly. Deal with that later. He watches the spirit fly and promptly ignore the pack. It's behavior is reassuring in a way...if only that it is behaving to its name.

<<Let's find something appropriate for Prideful Harrier. Fierce Defender as well.>> The Ghost says to the others. Jeremiah gives a small bow to Fierce Defender before backing away from the tree. <<Walk backwards slowly then we can turn and find prey.>> He says to the others.

Kevin Swift

PRE

Kevin does as Jer suggests, although he gives Fierce Defender a small bow before he does so. He waits until they were some distance away from the Construction Tree, hopefully far enough away that neither Spirit could hear him as he turns to look at each member of the group, saying, "Well, just to let you know, I used Read Spirit on Prideful Harrier. The Lunes were generous in what they granted me, parting the Ban it will impose upon the pack of Uratha it becomes a Totem for. Did you want to hear it or should we just get on with hunting for the offerings and leave the discussion for when we have them?"

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

The Werewolves leave the constructed tree behind. No richer in allies, but far richer in knowledge. Perhaps, with a suitable offering and a suitable plan, they can attempt again to gain the favor of Prideful Harrier.

End Scene

Page 8 of 8 First ... 4 5 6 7 8