(Dad's Kichen) Foodie Fantasies

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

continued from here

Dad's Kitchen is a delightful fixture of Land park in southern sacramento, home to the Guy Fiedi approved burger and bar that served its own take on the bacon blue cheese burger. Its an early evening, the sun having set just a few hours ago, and already the place is packed with people.

Dinner Menu
    Beer list
    Many are parked around the bar, notably including 2 people who are continuing their bar tour, having squeezed a pair of seats though a bit of cunning and no small amount of luck.

"I'll have a pint of Incider." Joe calls out over the crowd. He doesn't order for Nat again, if she's going to rely on him for everything, this is going to go very south very quickly.
    The Dog Draped in Resplendent Finery of Shrieking Spirits.

Nat gets a look at the beer menu before ordering, settling her eyes and hopes on the "Cappuccino Stout, please." She settles her booty comfortably in her seat to peruse the menu in greater detail, her eyes lighting up.

"So how exactly did you discover such a wonder of nature?" Nat asks Joe, her eyes looking up towards him with not-insubstantial perkiness and a glimmer of excitement in them. "Do you come here all the time?"

She exerts considerable effort to not immediately tear through the menu to extract deliciousness, instead trying to act like it is actually a first date, which it could prove to be.

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Kassidy slipped into the burger joint and headed for the front counter. He didn't really plan on getting any food, but he did order a drink. Kass knew it was a bit silly, but he really just wanted to be around food and people eating tonight. That's what happens when you miss being able to really truly eat.

He wasn't even sure he remembered what half the things on the menu would taste like - and then there were items he had never had before...

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

"well, now that we have ordered, I can say that I merely read a good review of the place. Never tried it before, so if it goes compeltely wrong, then you'll just have to hate me forever. Though the review said the Onion Rings were the winners, and that the Dad's Burger was the burger of choice.
    I like a little adventure, hence trying a new restaurant with a new friend."
    Joe responds.
    Go big or go home right? Joe muses as he drinks his beer, noting the new arrivals, giving them quick once-overs for threat assessment, before returning his attention to his drinking companion.

Nat replies with an unspoken "Oh really?" communicated by her eyebrows as she picks up the menu to peruse the culinary offerings, before replying, "Well if they have chili mac n' cheese I can hardly object to the effort. Onion rings you say? These cheese fries look mighty tempting." There is a shift in her posture and tone which suggests a faux business-like approach, as though contemplating the pros and cons of a merger - though obviously, this would be an unusually delicious one.

"Gotta say, I'm liking what I'm seeing here. How hungry are you?" she asks, visibly dropping the little game she'd started. And the look in her eyes might have suggested the real aim of her latest question was, "How much can I eat without outpacing you?"

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

Joe smiles as she gushes over the menu, it looks damn appetizng to him as well. Though her question poses its own interesting counterquestions, while Joe the male tells Joe the detective to kindly shut up for 2 minutes.
    "I am pretty hungry, though three appetizers might be a bit too much, especially if I keep enjoying these beers. Pick a pair."
    He encourages.
    Joe's wallet is starting to feel lighter already, but fun company is worth some of his savings.

"Yeah, I fully expect this place to impress."

Pleasantly surprised at him suggesting two appetizers, Nat contemplates the perfect pairing, settling on her diplomatic decision, "Well, if you're keen on the onion rings, let's do those and the small mixed chili and mac. Fries come with the burger, anyway, right?"

I am a genius, and he is a saint. Tonight shall be a good night.

She could almost feel the warmth of being stuffed with carbs and dairy already, and it was one of her favorite sensations. Perhaps to be followed by some other favorites if she was still pleased with him after dinner.

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Kassidy watched the customers at the tables with a mild sense of envy. For the most part they seemed a little on the boring side, until his eyes landed on one particular couple - the man practically screamed off-duty cop to his experience, though he was thankfully rather thoroughly distracted by the saftig number across from him. Kassidy shifted his gaze to her, trying to figure her out a little, but a flash of something on her wrist, partially hidden draws most of his attention.

It wasn't shiny enough to be jewelry, and the jacket covered most of it. Two rectangles? no, wait, two cards. Kassidy found himself giggling at the visual pun, and wondering if the woman wearing them knew. The person on Kassidy's right was staring now, though, so the rainbow-clad crossdresser swiveled around to the bar to pretend to drink.

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

"You have a knack for finding pleasing compromises." Joe nods in agreement, and places the appetizer orders, as he continues to enjoy his beer.

He initially had passed over the woman, but when he glanced back again, she seemed to be paying an inordinate amount of attention to Nat.
    Stop it Joe, you are not protecting a witness here.

"So, here's a neat bar trick I learned, it'll tell you quite a bit about yourself. I'll tell you a bit of a story, and have you fill in certain details with the first thing that comes to mind. I'll then ask you some questions to get a better handle on what you are saying, and then at the end we'll go through your answers. Trust me, its a fun game, and I think you'll enjoy it. Are you interested?"

Nat, noticing Joe's attention briefly wander, looks over towards the same, rather gorgeous, woman at the bar. But... oh, little old me? runs through her mind as she offers a wink before turning back to Joe. "I'm a very accommodating person, actually," she informs him, mirroring his sip of beer with her own.

And she most definitely smiles a bit wider than her standard for the evening when he brings up a game, replying, "I like your pitch. Let's try this out then, shall we? What's the first part."

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread