Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

SL 2 (Red Hair, Blue eyes)
    Pres 3 (Diplomatic)
    Consilium: **
    Path: **
    Guardians of the Veil: ***

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Consilium: Mis/HS(3 suxx)
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

Ariadne sips her spiced latte as she sits near the entrance to the coffee shop. Autumn always brings in interesting flavors. That nice hint between the warmth to stay warm and the feeling of joy from the summer. Less of the heavier flavors that pepper winter time. Dreary.

Autumn sounds good. It's a shame that room won't ever be used by anyone who doesn't belong. It will have to be properly prepared.

J
    Jaling

Finding a spot along the street outside the coffee shop Kalemleah parks his bike and places his half-helmet in one of the saddlebags before pulling his keys and walking inside. Given the rather sloppy apparel he had worn on his first meeting with his Boss, he decided this time to dress more the part. Wearing black slacks and black dress shoes with a maroon polo shirt he nodded at Ariadne with a smile while walking over to get a coffee. Once obtained he strolled over to the table, "Hello. Should I have a seat or will we be leaving?"

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

"Since you're loaded up we can start walking." Ariadne replies with a nod to Kal's coffee. She takes a moment to get her coat zipped up nice and warm then heads out the door.

"So this is a side project I've been working on. Somewhere we can to ourselves." The Epopt takes a sip of her latte as she continues to walk. "It's the Hostel on riverside. I talked with our progressive friends."

J
    Jaling

As Ariadne fussed with her jacket Kalemleah heads to the door and holds it open for her. He had to smile at her bundling up before leaving since he had no jacket. This was warm compared to where he was from and the difference in local culture was always amusing to him. Coats when it hit below 70, umbrellas and hoods at the first mist. Walking out after he quickly fell in stride beside her and listened to the vague details. Already questions were popping up, "You mean we don't have a club house of our own yet? Interesting..." He thought of the possibilities of assisting with the side project of setting up shop. He needed more space knowledge..."Our progressive friends?"

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

PRE

"There hasn't been a place for just us since I got here. We've always shared that practice space with the cops. Our old boss wasn't a fan but it worked for me." Ariadne replies while looking around the street. A list of things to do still working its way through her mind. A big priority is to find good ways to hide the script needed to maintain Wards.

"I think this will be a good thing though." She continues after a moment of distraction. "You know, people who go on and on about fighting the system but you aren't really sure if they're up for fighting or making lots of noise?"

J
    Jaling

Sharing a place with the Arrow would certainly have it's ups, security for one. No one would storm the Guardian's HQ looking for their secrets when they would have to deal with them. On the other hand having a cop look over your shoulder when attempting to do something illegal they would rather be blind to would be more difficult. Kalemleah could see both sides of the argument there. Progressive friends though...did they work closely with the Free Council? "Yeah, I know who you mean. I didn't know we worked closely with them here. Always open to it though. What did they have to say?" If this was a recent purchase and they still had yet to start the remodel he could do so much with the conventional security...and eventually the additional security as well. This could be where he could show his use.

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

PRE

"More of a business relationship. I can't say I agree with their view of things but that hasn't and won't stop me from working with them when needed." Ariadne replies before going silent for several long moments.

Rosh...

"They wanted to get rid of it. The guy who had watched over it passed and the other members didn't see a reason to hold onto it." The Epopt looks forwards as she speaks. Not trusting herself to look at Kal at the moment.

J
    Jaling

Working with who they must was part of the job. It didn't allow for personal taste or distaste. It was one of the reasons he had a 'forgive and forget' personality when it came to offenses. You couldn't afford to hold a grudge when you could need to work with that same person at some point. Do what you can to mend fences and move on. It took him a moment to realize how long she had paused and he glanced over but said nothing. It wasn't until she spoke her next words that he understood the need for the silence. In that same vein he let a few moments of silence pass in case she needed it before he spoke up, deciding to skip over the personal implications of the dead man and keep it professional. That's what helps me move on anyways... "So as this pertains to me, would you like me to bunk there, see to it's conventional and unconventional security, manage the property, man the front desk, et cetera?"

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

PRE

The Epopt grins at how fast it clicks. "Yes, if it is possible I'd like for you to watch over it."

"I don't expect you to be there all the time of course, we can find someone boring to work there as well."
    Ariadne continues as she looks ahead and around. "This isn't something to hide you away. We can do that just fine. I'd just like someone else looking over this place. Once all of the boring stuff is taken care of we can bring in the others to bring it up to speed."

J
    Jaling

Taking a casual look around he ponders. "Well conventional I can do in my downtime. Hire someone for facilities and maintenance or learn it myself if needed to for security. Get Quincy to do room cleaning. Aaron to be the bell boy. This just might work out..." A grin creases his face as he imagines everyone in their respective rolls. The thought of pedestrians in their place did make him worry a bit. If there was a reservoir there, they wouldn't want to be caught using it. My biggest question is are you going to want to keep this place up and running for guests with special rooms and floors that are for employee's only or did you plan on marking it as condemned to make the whole thing our clubhouse?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread