Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(DeVeer's Irish Pub)This is dating?

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

"That's why most people aren't professional artists. At a certain point you have to accept that Muses are fictitious and do the work to make the money. Not everyone has the gumption to back up whatever talent they might have. I happen to possess all of these wonderful traits, though."

She speaks with the unmistakable air of a bragger, and periodically punctuates her claims with sips of beer, as though trying to naturally censor her claims. She was probably going to say something silly otherwise, and then she heard the words out of his mouth that sealed the deal.

"A little of everything, huh? Does that make you a foodie or a glutton? Any good gastronomic discoveries of late?"

Nothing really captured her interest like handsome men who paid for gourmet.

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

Professional artists. The sell-outs, the heartless, the machinemen, the thieves.
    Never seen one take pride in it before. First time for everything.
    Joe drinks his beer, enjoying the flavors that balance against each other.
    "And humility a-plenty as well." Joe laughs. "A foodie, I couldn't keep working as a glutton. As to your question, I ran into a burger place that does borderline illegal things with bacon and blue cheese." Joe teases.
    The Dog Draped in Resplendent Finery of Shrieking Spirits.

"I know, right? I'm so virtuous it's a curse," Nat replies with a wink which she hope conveyed "I'm not always this bad, promise" to her partner in drink for the evening. And before she followed up on asking what sort of work he was in, her mind separated out 'illegal bacon cheese burger' from the mix and any chance of her thinking about anything else was entirely lost.

"That sounds amazing. I may be a bit of a burger enthusiast, myself. Where might this place be? Close?"

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

Not exactly a one-track mind, but the lady knows good food when she hears it.

Joe does pauses for a moment, running the route out in his head, figuring traffic for an early evening... "Maybe 20 minutes south of here. Wait'll probably be an hour, but they have a bar there supposedly. Since I plan on continuing to drink, I propose this evening becomes a Taxi evening."

Because a hard-ass detective getting pulled over for drunk driving went right up there with pissing in the department coffemaker on things you do not do.

"Sounds better than my car, if you're afraid to race me on foot to the place. Shall we?" she replies nonchalantly, finishing her beer and lifting up her right arm for him to hook it.

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

Joe looks her over appraisingly. Doesn't look like an athlete, but has the right level of confidence

"While I'm sure some part of me would love to get in a race," And seeing you run would be rather enjoyable
    I believe the poor taxi cab drivers would be heartbroken over it.
    "

He finishes his beer and pays, and then heads to the taxi, shuttling them south to Dad's Kitchen.

Nat lets him take her in tow, grinning ear to ear all the while.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread