Watch

(DeVeer's Irish Pub)This is dating?

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

Deveer's is always loud, and that makes it the perfect place to meet people who you only want to have a partial conversation with. Not so loud that you can't hear each other, but not so quiet that every word is parsed an analyzed. In short, a perfect place (according to people who "know these things" to find a date.

And their Irish beer and whisky selection is top notch.
    74aa5947d51b2136707fdaf5652c201b.jpg

Joe, dressed sensibly in a red and black shirt and slacks immediately smacks of someone not looking for just a one-nighter, and the quick escape he did a few minute ago from a pretty blonde who couldn't hold a conversation to save her soul is its own statement. Hetakes another drink of his black and tan, and looks over the women he's already talked to.

This is a lot harder than I remember it being.
    The Dog Draped in Resplendent Finery of Shrieking Spirits.

Strolling in with the look of inherent confidence in remarkably tight jeans and dark tank top that would have her mostly covered if not for how snug the ensemble was, she had made an allowance for the evening chill with a sturdy leather jacket. Nat takes in the bar's patrons before the decor, which might say something to a keen observer about her intentions. But first things first, she finds a seat at the bar with open stools on either side of her, and waits to see who steps up to the plate to cure her intolerable sobriety this evening. Her wallet was a bit light tonight, but she figured she could make do when she spotted a few of the better dressed guys in the room.

Funny how much this world made of a pretty face.

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

Joe gives a bit of time before he approaches the newcomer. It gives him time to evaluate her.
      3 successes Empathy
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-10-25 21:00:32 Joe O'Connel rolls 5 to Wits+Empathy (10 Again) 8, 10, 1, 9, 1, 6 3 successes
    And enough to learn that she is confident, and relaxed. She's obviously used to this. It also gives him time so as not to seem desperate, biting as soon as she lands.

He does eventually approach, taking the seat to her right

Confidence demands confidence

"The lady needs a Guinness."
    Joe informs the bartender, "And my name is Joe. And now you have the two things you need to start a conversation, libation and and a target."
    Snappy pickup lines are for 20 year olds.

Nat smirks at the latest contender and gives him a nod as he sits down and speaks. "Very nice, and you've outgrown pickup lines, which is always a good sign. I'm Nat, nice to meet you Joe."

She takes in the full details of her suitor apparent before she continues talking, inviting him to try and fill the void to see if he can remain interesting beyond the opening. After a short while, she asks him, "So what brings you here tonight, Joe? How's your evening going for you?"

As she awaits a response, she slides out of the leather jacket. Between the buildings warmth, the heat of the crowd, and her impending alcohol-based resistance to weather, it was approaching 'stuffy.' And if this new fella happened to stare a bit too much in areas irrelevant to their conversation, it could tell her valuable information. Or it might just confirm he was a guy.

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

Joe doesn't bother hiding his attention as she strips down in the crowded bar, though he doesn't linger on her generous proportions, before returning to her face. At once both acknowledging she is attractive and still giving her some decency.
    "Thank you Nat. Dropping those things was one of the better decisions I made. I've yet to meet a woman that actually enjoed having terrible puns or crude allusions made as a method of introduction.
    Tonight i'm hoping to find interesting people, have good discussions with them, and enjoy beer while doing so.
    " He takes another drink of his beer. "So far, the beer is doing the heavy lifting, so I will have to endeavor to match it. So what piques your interest these days? Movies, television, or are you exploring the Berry?"

"And you prefer to keep things genuine while you do so. You seem like a respectable sort of guy, don't you? And who doesn't like beer," she replies in long, melodic breaths, taking a long slow sip of the Guinness before her, when it occurred to her that Mr. Respectable could not see her tattoos from where he was sitting. Her smile tweaks a bit too herself as she contemplates whether this might affect his behavior, but she was pleasantly surprised by his glances of measured appreciation.

"I might roam a few of the sillier corners of the internet, yeah, if you really want to know. Haven't seen many movies lately, though, and definitely nothing new this year. But were you really looking for a conversation about cinema tonight?" Her eyebrows and lips once again shifted, this time to playful skepticism. She enjoys another sip of beer so he may respond.

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

"Its easy to be respectable. Don't be a jerk." Joe chuckles as he takes another drink. He shrugs at her question, "A good conversation can strike at any time, on any topic. I try not to judge from whence it came.
    So how do you occupy your time then, or does work consume you wholly?"
    Joe, despite what his coworkers might say, does realize that there are other things to do in life besides work. Janet in booking is probably going to earn some money off tonight anyway.

Hmmm, definetly a more passive person, or at least, one who doesn't often come straight-on to find her answers.

"Oh, I have a very solid work ethic," she replies with a grin, taking a sip before she chimes in, "I"m an artist, actually, so I enjoy a lot more music than books or films. I can soak it up without having to slow down as much, which is nice, and it can help keep me going on long projects."

She paused to consider that she was not lying to him yet. He did seem significantly more genuine in intent and intelligence than the usual bar creeper, so perhaps she was giving him a genuine chance in return. But she needed to get him talking more or she was going to have to lie - that's just how she was. Hoping to get him to take up some of the conversation, she asks, "And yourself? How to you keep yourself entertained when you aren't working? Work can be so very dull."

And it's more fun to guess how much money you make based on your hobbies.

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

Joe smiles, "Artistry and work ethics usually don't pair hand in hand, its a clever trick to do both well." Maybe a painter? Not enough tats for a tatoo artist; could be a surgeon, she's got the confidence, but unlikely.

"Me? I read mostly. Books, historical records, that sort of thing. But what I really enjoy? Finding a new tasty restaurant, and trying a little bit of everything."

That the books and historical records mostly concern cases, procedural law, and the occasional detective novel... well, it'll be interesting if she can find it out.

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

Joe smiles, "Artistry and work ethics usually don't pair hand in hand, its a clever trick to do both well." Maybe a painter? Not enough tats for a tatoo artist; could be a surgeon, she's got the confidence, but unlikely.

"Me? I read mostly. Books, historical records, that sort of thing. But what I really enjoy? Finding a new tasty restaurant, and trying a little bit of everything."

That the books and historical records mostly concern cases, procedural law, and the occasional detective novel... well, it'll be interesting if she can find it out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread