DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Kassidy Was digging through the clothes in a closet. He had pants on - low-slung loose things that barely stayed on his hips - but he wasn't looking for a shirt to wear on his bare torso. he was hunting down the Clothes that Catherine had left in the apartment that he just could not wear.

Maybe he should be picking up what was scattered around the small space in preparation for Claire's arrival, but honestly neatness was not one of his virtues, and the kitchen/dining space was spotless from a combination of disuse and dusting.

The clothes were just decorations, sort of.

Claire Edmonton
    Claire Edmonton

PRE

Arriving promptly, Claire knocks on the door of the address she received. She would greatly enjoying getting to business.

Whether directed to open the door herself or Kassidy comes over to open it for her, she greats them when they enter her sight, "Good evening. I hope you are very well for our deliberations tonight?"

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Kassidy greeted her at the door and invited her to sit at the kitchen table. "Honestly? I hopes so too. Riddles and Words aren't so much my forte as Catherine's." He shook his head and joined her at the seat opposite, but slung a leg over one of the chair arms. "What was it again? "We once protected from the terrors of each street./Alack! In such a state we were crudely shackled. Bound to the earth's asphalted ore./Rejoice! For now our alchemical resurrection is complete,/and it is upon flashing, argentine, shod hooves that we now soar!/Woe to those who's minds think only of stone./Kindred with truer and Elemental Questing vision will see the heart/and reach their thorn crowned throne." Would Elemental Questing Vision indicate Auspex? That seems... ridiculous. Or deliberately limiting. Argentine Shod hooves? Argentine is Silver, right?"

Claire Edmonton
    Claire Edmonton

PRE

"How unfortunate that she could not join us. But you seem to have an impressive recall, and yes, Argentine means 'silver,' though whether the metal, or merely the color, or any layer of symbolism, we should puzzle out. I have no idea if any particular discipline will prove necessary, but 'elemental questing' could refer to any number of things. Outdoorsy folks and their relationship with the earth, a reference to the air is possible, or perhaps she expects us to scuba dive. There really are no shortages of possibilities, are there? How do you feel you would be best able to help with this task?"

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Kassidy chuckled slightly at Claire's disappointment at the lack of Catherine. "I honestly doubt she'd help you if she was." As for her question....

"Honestly, I'm not sure. I'm not particularly athletic, riddles aren't my strong suit... I'm fairly persuasive, but having too many people involved in a group to find this thing would cause conflict. You may have better luck finding use for me than I would."

Claire Edmonton
    Claire Edmonton

PRE

"Fair enough. So that you are fully aware of my thinking, should I be unable to take the position, I should strongly prefer a member of the Circle, the Invictus, or at the very least someone with organizational ties have this position. I believe this city has an alarming trend of aimless souls, would you not agree? And people with no grounding suddenly coming into power might prove unsettling, and counterproductive. Unless you have contrary views you should like to share now?"

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Kassidy hesitated, than shook his head. "No, I agree. Doubly so on the Matter of the Circle. I'd rather not have the Regency in control of someone who'd deliberately try to make things... difficult for us. You might be Invictus now, right? But I think you'd understand that burning bridges with the Circle - particularly when they Reside in Valencia, would be a mistake. And Also that if it was a Choice between you and an unknown we'd prefer you. Obviously if you're unable to Attain the Regency Swift would be further preferable, but I would be out of the running. I'm too new to the Area and have never built a solid reputation anywhere before."

He paused again and frowned slightly. "I am slightly worried in both cases, though. You are prone to speaking your thoughts loudly and noticeably. Which might turn out fine once you have power to back you, but until you do makes it seem like you're stirring up trouble. Swift in turn holds onto slights - he might have trouble working with you, and he might isolate himself from the domain at large if he's allowed to let that habit develop further."

Claire Edmonton
    Claire Edmonton

PRE

"It seems we are entirely in agreement about the Regency, then, which is excellent, if unsurprising. Regardless of who ends up regent, I suspect you will receive tenancy from all of this. If there is anything you can do to help keep Swift sociable, please do," Claire replies, pausing to contemplate Kassidy's more personal advice before she replies.

"I suppose that makes sense. Should I be more moderate, more subtle, or just less loud? I will take your earnest advice under advisement."

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

"Your new Covenent are well known for subtlety and moderation in public appearance. Stay Loud, though. You're Unconquered, and being heard is part of that." he shrugged. "If you don't have anything good to say... well, make it painfully obvious that you aren't saying anything."

Claire Edmonton
    Claire Edmonton

PRE

"Oh, good. I've never been very good at whispering, to be honest. But being boldly silent in a 'pleading the fifth' sort of way is something I'll consider."

"Since you do not consider yourself much for puzzles, then, I suppose I should be going? Unless you had more to discuss, in which case I welcome it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread