Watch

Coming Home

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Joseph Hartman
    Joseph Hartman

PRE

Taking the final corner to the Chapter House Joseph smiles as he sees his old home. Two years of traveling and learning. Two years since he had handed over the leadership of the Ordo to those more worthy and competent. Many long nights of doubt and trials. Still...he can't help but smile. Sacramento was his first home away from home. Away from where his unlife had started and the problem's he had caused.

Joseph isn't completely sure why he came back. Traveling had been hard but fruitful, with a few new friends that could help him stay in a Domain as long as the Prince didn't oppose him. Something had called him back however. This is Home. Despite all his past failings.

Walking up to the front door he takes a moment to make his suit cuffs smooth. A small grin of the past flashes before he pushes the doorbell, then takes a half step back away from the door. Kindred are fickle things and the Beast is never to be underestimated.

B
    Beej

A moment passes and the door opens with a little bit of creeking. A rather short old man with a thick beard dressed in a black cassock belted with a deep blue sash and a woven rosary around his neck stares back at him. "Good evening sir. May I help you?" he asked in an eastern European accent. There is a flutter of tension in man's neck as Joseph's stronger beast crashes into the man's weaker beast.

Joseph Hartman
    Joseph Hartman

PRE

A predatory grin shifts into a smile with ease. "I am Joseph Hartman, Scholar of the Burning Hunger. Is this the current Ordo Dracul chapter house?" Joseph replies, keeping his eyes on the kindred who answered the door despite his curiosity as to what might have changed inside the house. People get worried when one is openly scoping out their home.

I wonder who is in charge now. Heinz? Martha?

B
    Beej

The monk's gaze turns intent for a moment while considers the man. An aura of pale purple meets the Mekhet's eyes and he nods slightly to himself. "Indeed it is sir. Come in, come in please." he usheres Hartman inside. Once inside the Dragon will close the door behind them. "Teodor Raluca, Shrouded Supplicant of Terror. Castellan of this Chapterhouse." he smiles warmly and offers his hand.

Once hands are shaken, he will lead Hartman further into the first floor of the Chapterhouse. "What brings you to Sacramento, Scholar Hartman? We have room if you require temporary haven."

Joseph Hartman
    Joseph Hartman

PRE

"Thank you." Joseph replies as he is led into the house. He shakes the Castellan's hand firmly. "An honor to meet you Castellan." Joseph can't help but take a glance around at the house, wondering what has changed.

"Returning actually. I left almost two years ago to travel and test myself." The Ventrue stops and turns to face the Castellan, then speaks with a serious tone. "At the door. I left off one aspect of my title. I am Sworn of the Dying Light, Shrouded like yourself. Though I used to go by Honoured as I was the only Dying Light present. I did not want to risk giving any possible outsiders another one of our Titles to ponder. My apologies for any insult, I felt that prudence was necessary as locations can change rather quickly."

Martha Villiers

PRE

There's a low humming and buzzing sound from along the corridor, deeper into the Chapter House, close to the kitchen.

If they weren't inside and weren't also Kindred with acute hearing the low hum may easily have been overlooked.

Before either Joseph or Teo see Martha, they can hear again the smooth and low hum...it comes closer.

Within a few moments they can see the small and agile flying profile of a Syma S107C mini-helicopter as it hovers near the maximum height of the ceiling...

...buzzes close to a ceiling lamp...and then pauses.

Loitering with purpose, the small machine reverses on it's axis and buzzes back towards the kitchen.

A few moments later Martha hobbles into the hallway. Dressed in her usual school uniform and hat, she easily carries the small helicopter in her hand and the controller is a pocket of her blazer.

She pauses...almost as the helicopter had done...and smiles again to greet Joseph.

"Sc...scholar Hartman! What...what a delightful surprise!" she seems sincere in this and hobbles over to greet him.

"I hope you are well! Good evening to you too, Castellan! What a delight!" she adds with equal enthusiasm to Teo too.

She skips over with almost girlish glee to greet the two men. Taking care to protect her helicopter as she skips and limps over to them.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

B
    Beej

Raluca was about to reply when he was was interrupted by a buzzing sound. Looking around he saw a what he could only guess is a remote control helicopter fly into the room. Unless the US military is now deploying drones agains the Ordo...

After it's withdraw he looks back to Hartman. "If you would be so kind as..." Then Martha appeared and heartily greeted the new Dragon. That answered several questions, so Teo simply smiled and clasped his hands behind his back. "Good evening Grand Wyrm. I would introduce our guest but it appears that will not be necessarily." he looked between Martha and Hartman.

Joseph Hartman
    Joseph Hartman

PRE

Joseph tracks the miniature helicopter as it flies into then out of the room. A glance at the Castellan tells him that this isn't common. Joseph nods politely as the Castellan moves to investigate then Martha enters the room. He can't help but smile.

Grand Wyrm catches his attention, a glance at Teodor then Joseph looks at Martha. "It is good to see you again Grand Wyrm." The Ventrue bows as he speaks, clearly happy to see a familiar face.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha gently lays the helicopter on the nearest flat surface and hobbles over to take Joseph's hand and hold it tight and then kiss it sincere and careful greeting.

"It is good to see you too, Honored Scholar! Whole and safe and back with us! Such...such a treasure!"
    she smiles and offers a curtsy to show her respect to the Dragon who held the Grand Wyrm title before she did.

"I long to hear of your travels! We have many and impressive new members of the Chapter House for you to meet too, sir! Ah! So much to catch you up on! Will...will you gentlemen join me in the parlor...so we may talk?" she lets Joseph's hand go now and seems giddy and excited.

Looking from Joseph to Teo to see what plans they had.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Joseph Hartman
    Joseph Hartman

PRE

Joseph bows again as Martha greets him so cheerfully. "It is good to be home." He says with relief. Though Joseph hides his discomfort at Martha's overt signs of welcome. Joseph hadn't thought to prepare for that sort of welcoming response.

"I'd love to talk."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread