Seizing upon the opportunity (Private)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)
    Aspect of the Predator active outside Elysia

PRE

OOC

There was little time to waste, if they wanted to make sure a Dragon won the Regency. Michael was all for Teodor's plan and he didn't mind awarding the rights to Miss Tunt as long as it was only her. The Ordo needed a more steady blood supply.

So he is in a private booth at the Lily, having messaged Brother Raluca ( Beej ) and Claire Tunt ( Princess ).

With him he has the riddle and his notebook with a list of landmarks and notable buildings and sites of Sacramento, which is also printed on several pages - for each of them. Next to each entry there is a few lines describing it.

The doctor isn't wearing a suit today, but neither is he in sports-wear. Comfortable black jeans, soft leather shoes and a jacket appropriate for the weather. Most of his equipment is in his car, including the lock-picking set and a bullet-proof vest.

He waits, revising the riddle and the list.
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1
    Aspect of the Predator active everywhere because Deputy
    Status(Academia) 3 (PhD Scholar)
    Sanguine Scribe of Terror
    Default Vitae: 9/10

Martha Villiers

PRE

I feel it's fair to clarify so no one forgets: Teo can be in more than one thread for the clues...as, in fact, can anyone...but it's up to them as Characters to negotiate the deals they may cut; the alliances to forge etc and any aftermath of miscalculating any part of said deals! We're dealing with vampires here. Deals may well carry strange burdens!
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

3. Likes Wolven Pryde liked this post
    B
    Beej

This evening the Monk is was dressed in faded chinos with suspenders, boots, a tucked in blue flannel shirt and a worn leather jacket. And of course, a woven rosary hanging around his neck.

The last time Racula had been in the Lily, it had closed and he had not had the oppurtunity to purchase or partake in any of it's goods. This time when he entered he purchased a cigar and a packet of matches. If Ms. Tunt did not mind fire around her he would enjoy it. If not, he would simply wait until the end of the meeting. Thanking the staff, he collected the zippered bag with his purchase and walked over to Redfill's booth.

"Good evening Mr. Redfill." He said cheerfully walking up with his motorcycle helmet under his arm and his canvas satchel over his shoulder. Sliding into the middle, he put his purchase on the table and his helmet on the floor before rooting through the satchel for his notebook. "I hope it has been pleasant and productive?"

After the meeting, Teo would also have separate business to speak with Redfill about.

B
    Beej

Hurricane Kick BUMP! Princess

Claire Edmonton
    Claire Edmonton

PRE

Dressed for comfort in a favorite black and white dress, Claire arrives to get to the matter at hand swiftly and precisely. She strides in, looking to each man and nodding to acknowledge him. She smiles faintly to show her polite intentions before approaching the pair, and speaking with them. "I should like to address a certain issue before we proceed. The area in question contains the headquarters for an organization to which neither of you belong, and I did formerly. Before we get to work, I would need assurances that the lawful business of the Woven Circle would be unimpeded by any regent which might take hold from this deal of ours, and that no new rules would be enforced to entrap them. Do both of you find this agreeable?"

B
    Beej

Given what Teo had heard of the on the woman, he is not surprised by this. In his personal view she was undoubtedly play both sides to get the best possible bargain for herself. No doubt playing up the matter between Swift and himself to extract the maximum gain from the Crone. "That sounds perfectly agreeable." the monk nodded. He seriously doubted Redfill would do any such thing. And even if Teo did get the regency for himself, he was hardly going to do something as ham-fisted as seize the temple. It would reflect bad on the Ordo. The monk then looked to Redfill for an answer he assumed he knew already.

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)

PRE

OOC

Michael rises when Claire comes in and then smiles weakly at what she is implying.

"Of course, Miss Tunt. I respect the Circle and wouldn't want to inconvenience them in any way. Now, shall we get on with it?" - he motions to the list he has compiled. - "The problem with these kind riddles has always been determining the important words. I believe we should focus on 'protecting from the terrors of the night' and the fact that object was previously stone or artificial stone and is metal now? Any ideas?" - he had a few hypothesis of his own, of course, but wanted to hear what they brought to the table first. Especially, Claire.

Figuring stuff out
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1

Claire Edmonton
    Claire Edmonton

PRE

Claire pauses in contemplation, before she settles on being moderately forthcoming. "Safety is obviously a theme, as is illumination. I get the impression a public park or other natural landmark may be involved, and may contain the final prize."

She looks to her two co-conspirators to see if anything she's just said gets a rise out of them.

B
    Beej

disclaimer

"Yes I came to similar conclusions." Raluca nodded at the two. "The structure of the riddle indicates something man-made and that the ones suffering the terror was man. My initial thoughts go toward gargoyles however argentine is hardly an adjective used in conjunction with them. The combination of illumination, alchemical resurrection, flying and thrones remind me of the historcal Shiloh Baptist Church. Renovations and the new elevated and illuminated silver cross do lend themselves to the riddle but I suspect that is not the case. The Tower Bridge is perhaps better candidate? It too when through an alchemical resurrection of sorts, from earthy tones to gold. And it has silvery white lights hanging from the bridge's various supports and beams."

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)

PRE

Chrisie , I think it's time to roll stuff to come up with the most likely solution. What should we roll?
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread