Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Welcome to Hangtown) Reverence for the Dead

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Westwood Hills Memorial park, the largest cemetery in Placerville, sprawls out before the Sacramento Kindred on a series of rolling hills. Grand oak trees and carefully tended shrubbery give shelter to the beds of the Dead, but the Kindred can make out the shapes of several mausoleums sitting atop the largest hill in the cemetery, like ornaments on an enormous barrow. The Kindred stand just inside of the large cast iron gate that marks the entrance to the graveyard, and it's easy to tell that they have a lot of ground to cover.

Please list equipment on your characters persons and give me some wits+comp rolls.

Bwaah, Me apologies good fool for me tardiness >.<

Ooh, Cemetery. Awesome. Daniel thought trudging up to the gate of the joint, backpack over his shoulder. He totally didn't have a problem with cemeteries and watching too many zombie movies before, totally wasn't the issue.

Honest. Zombies didn't even exist anyway. Well, aside from the ones that drank blood, but that's a whole other story.

Back on task dude, come on. He shook his head, they were here for a reason, and there was no quicker way to get ashed than to get distracted in the middle of unfriendly territory.

Stuffins'

two suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-10-23 16:54:17 Daniel rolls 4 to Perception (Wits+Comp) (10 Again) 7, 4, 10, 5, 9 2 successes

C
    Crafty Cultist

Luke looked around the graveyard with his hands in his pockets. What would bring them here, anyway? I suppose it's out of the way, but it's hardly convenient for hunting.

Luke checked his coat pocket for the flare gun he had stashed there. It is a defensible location though. Lots of cover, perfect for ambush tactics. There's definitely a home field advantage in a place like this

Equipment

Date Action Roll Result
    2013-10-23 23:10:26 Luke Caldon rolls 5 to Perception (10 Again) 3, 10, 10, 9, 1, 9, 10, 8 6 successes

m
    moreau

Dr Drake had been leaning in the shade of an alleyway opposite to the cemetary gates. He saw the other two approach and stepped out, slinging the strap of his bag over his shoulder."So glad you could join me gentlemen, now flareguns out, I don't think our friend up on the hill will be coming quietly, and witnesses seem to be absent at present."
    He unzips the bag and pulls his stun baton out. He also takes one of the two sets of handcuffs and stuffs it in his pocket. He smirks unpleasently as the crackle of electricity between the contacts becomes audible for a second as he tests the baton. He wouldn't like to be in this traitor's shoes tonight.
    equipment

C
    Crafty Cultist

Luke gives the Doctor a nod, drawing his Flare Gun and checking that a flare was loaded.

"Alright you two. I'll follow your lead. Rest assured, I'm right behind you."

With that, Luke draws on his powers of obfuscation, disappearing from view.

Misread the rules on obfuscate, so I modified my roll as if I had three witnesses rather than 2. I'd still like to keep the roll though.
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-10-24 19:01:36 Luke Caldon rolls 5 to Obfuscate (10 Again) 8, 3, 4, 10, 4, 9 3 successes

As the group proceeds towards the hill, Daniel and Luke can hear the faint sound of an engine idling somewhere atop the hill. The sounds fades beneath the echo of shadowed tree boughs rustling as the wind picks up, but even somewhere under this sibilant sound-scape, Luke can hear the faint, yet distinct sound of a heavy door shutting. The group continues up the cement pathway that winds itself up to the top of the hill, leading them past the crowded rows of grey stone markers for the dead. When the group reaches the top of the hill they can see the houses of the dead are themselves laid out around a stone-cobbled courtyard with a weeping, stone, angel laying half over a pedestal. A small buggy sits idling by one of these stone buildings, half obscured from their viewpoint by the statue of the angel. As they get a bit closer Daniel and Luke notice a few spatters of an old, brown bloodstain decorating the pedestal, and Luke can hear the faint sound of something wet and heavy tearing behind the doors of one of the death houses.

Statue is something like this

No re-rolls are necessary

m
    moreau

"Right, here's how we'll try and run this" Dr Drake said in a whisper. "Daniel, see if you can sabotage that buggy without cutting the engine, Luke, wherever you are..." Dr Drake pulls out the metal case he was using to hold his syringes and removes one. He holds it out to be taken. "...Take one of these, and if you catch him with his back turned, stick him with it, in the neck preferably. Now I can't shoot worth a damn so if he does try and escape, I'll get in his way, you two barbeque him. Now lets hunt down this peice of turncoat filth." Dr Drake gently lowered his bag to the ground and took up a position at the enterance of the courtyard, back pressed against the stone and scans the inner courtyard

Date Action Roll Result
    2013-10-26 18:19:34 Dr Drake rolls 5 to Perception(3composure+2wits) (10 Again) 8, 5, 2, 6, 4 1 success

"Gotcha." Daniel nodded, really wishing he could do crap like vanishing in plain sight.

Hell, maybe he should've paid more attention to Obfuscate when he had the chance. Doesn't matter now. Daniel drew his own flaregun, feeling that same bit of excitement that followed holding a weapon, whether that same gun was meant to be a weapon or not.

Let's just see how this turns out. He thought to himself, and giving silent affirmation of the Dr's plan.

Slowly, Daniel moved out from wherever the group were and made for the cover nearest the buggy, crouched low and trying really hard not to make any noise above the rumbling of the engine. If he could, he'd move around the edges of the courtyards until he could get no closer to the car.

Not sure what modifiers might apply here, so here's a base Dex + Stealth Roll for Daniel to sneaky sneaks himself around.
      1 suxx Dex + Stealth
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-10-26 21:36:21 Daniel rolls 6 to Sneaky Sneaks (Dex + Stealth) (10 Again) 7, 7, 9, 4, 4, 5 1 success

C
    Crafty Cultist

Luke took one of the syringes in Drake's case, then began circling around the buggy, aiming to get the angle on whoever showed up. With the flare gun in his left hand, and the syringe in his right. Luke moved to the tomb that the sounds originated from, around the corner from the door.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread