1 - 10
DISPLAYED
THREADID

Meeting "Mom"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Christian Linch
    Christian Linch

PRE

Christian turns away from the group after they pass through, and he violently sneezes several times.

L

This time Chantay did shiver, feeling a chill run through her that had nothing to do with the temperature of the air. And she'd thought that approaching the locus had felt odd. After waiting for a few seconds to ensure that the journey through the gauntlet was complete she took off her jacket and tied it about her waist. That left her wearing a cut off top that bared her upper torso, and by extension the brands Bull Rush had so recently given her. "Where are all those spirits you were telling me about? I don't see them anywhere."

Bull Rush
    Bull Rush

PRE

Bull Rush rather angrily replies, "Yeah, that's part of the problem we are fixing on right after we get you situated. Mother duck should be this way." He starts heading towards the river.

Vigil
    Moros, Adamantine Arrow

Narration:

As the group approaches the river, they can see Mother Duck paddling along near the shore. She looks up as you approach. <<Welcome back, children. And I see you brought a visitor with you.>>

Moon is gibbous

<<Mom!>> Casey said with a smile, always happy to see her.
    <<This is >>Chantay, <<she wishes to be our sister, your daughter.>>
    He puts his arm around her shoulder and guides her to the shore, whispering a little to her "I've told her you want to be her daughter, it the relationship we have with her as our totem."

L

Chantay lets Casey lead her to the water's edge, nodding slightly at his words. "I understand, I think, thanks. Umm...tell her that I'm honored to meet her." She really needed to learn this spirit language.

"You can tell her," Casey said. She wasn't going to learn if she didn't try and as an Elodoth she should have a talent for it.
    "Shift to being near human and just.... go with your instincts."
    He took a step back, watching to see how she handled herself and close enough to offer assistance if she really needed it.

L

Chantay suppressed a grimace. She knew what Casey meant about instinct, she'd experimented with it a few times back in her apartment, and even found that she'd been able to get a rudimentary understanding of what Bull Rush's conversation with the train spirit earlier. But she knew that her command and understanding of the First Tongue was lacking, at best. As a lawyer she'd learned a great deal of the importance of word choice, and come to take pride in her eloquence.

But it seemed, in this case, that there was nothing for it. Her eyes fall half closed in concentration as she let a bit of her other half rise closer to the surface. And as she did she felt her bones lengthen, muscles strengthen, and a touch of facial hair sprout suddenly. She really hated that part. <<I Chantay...honor to meet.>>

Vigil
    Moros, Adamantine Arrow

Mother Duck flaps her wings and alights on a boulder about waist-height to the werewolves. <<It's a pleasure to meet you, too. You wish to join my children?>>

The words seem somehow familiar, like a language Chantay has half-forgotten. Although it isn't easy, she can piece together the general meaning with some effort.

L

Chantay was silent for nearly a minute as she worked out the meaning of what Mother Duck had said. And then for another as she composed the answer to the best of her meager ability. She really hated feeling...illiterate like this. <<Yes...recent change...your children found...live...territory>> She sighed in exasperation, turning towards the rest of the pack in hopes that one of them would explain things to Mother Duck. Even knowing what she was trying to say Chantay could barely figure out what her response meant.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last