Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1310) Harvest Gathering

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last

In lieu of any other Autumn Celebration, Betony Rue Jasons decides to welcome all friends of Autumn to her boarding house. Courtiers of the Leaden Mirror are expected to make an appearance, however those with at least one dot in Autumn Goodwill might consider making an appearance as well. While Edna's Boarding House is a grim, intimidating structure, the Witch of the Bitter Wind does her best to make guests welcome when they arrive. Those brave enough to enter will ironically find an unexpectedly cozy parlor with plenty of comfortable sofas and chairs for them seat themselves.

Stripes sheathes and unsheathes his claws as he approaches. He's been to the boarding house a few times, but never to discuss matters pertaining to the whole Autumn Court.

And certainly never in capacity as acting Paladin of Shadows. The idea of the entitlement still feels strange to the tiger even if he hasn't formerly sworn an oath to it just yet.

Still, he's made sure to pack the most important trinket. Folded in the pocket of his slacks is the page that was recovered from the hobs so long ago. Now will finally be a good chance to show it to the other members of his court after all the turmoil the freehold had been in since Summer began. Even Stripes hadn't thought messing with it himself would be a good idea. Hopefully someone with a bit more inclination toward occult matters could figure out what to do with it.

At the entrance to the boarding house, he gives a nod and tries his best to smile at Autumn's current queen. Not easy when his mantle suddenly roars in his ears, reacting strongly in the presence of Betony Rue as it always does.

"Mi-er, Queen Jasons," he says, resisting the urge to bow.

He remembered the earful Ava got at the Summer Coronation for that.

S
    Saeyer

Ava parked a few blocks down from the boarding house and fixed her hair in the rearview mirror before stepping out. Unsure of what to expect from the gathering, she had dressed casually in her usual black pants and boots, with a loose grey sweater and light jacket over the top. Hands in her pockets, she made her way quietly toward the address she had driven past but never been into before. She was curious about the decision to keep the Autumn festivities so small, without the usual coronation fanfare and piles of food, but Ms. Jasons hadn't seemed the sort for pomp and circumstance at the last event. Maybe she just wanted to thin out the opportunities for drama.

Stopping to double check she was in the right place, she gazed up at the front of the building. It was a little hard for her to imagine staying in a place run by Autumn's severe sovereign, but who was she to judge when she went home with the first semi-stranger who offered her a place to stay?

Smiling crookedly, Ava mounted the stairs slowly and rapped twice on the door to announce her presence before letting herself in; it felt a little wrong to expect the monarch of the Court of Fear to open a door for her. Slipping in and shutting it quietly, she froze but managed to recover enough to smile warmly and nod to the those she found just inside the door. "Queen Jasons, Stripes. Please excuse me for letting myself in."

Shedding her outermost layer, she tucked it under arm and moved out of the way of the door, not keen on taking it to the face.

Let's have fun!
    Mask

Mask: a swarthy 20 something middle easterner.

Mien: comical round monkey wars on the top of his head and a brown monkey tail.

PRE

Al-Adin flounces into the boarding house, humming "A Whole New World" to himself. "Heya!" He waves happily to everyone. "Wow, I'm really early. Coool. Hey Stripes! Hey Betony!" And then his mind immediately goes to the god-awful children's rhyme that he made up years ago.
    Betony Betony Betony Rue, only sleepy kids for you
    "I think I know you, but ummm, I don't remember things well. I'm Al-Adin, the Prince of Joy! Its nice to meet you!"
    The monkey explodes with enthusiasim as he offers a hand to Ava.
    Beast: Runnerswift (monkey mien) Striking Looks2: Arabian Prince,
    Spring Mantle 5: Laughter of children
    Presence 3: Effusive

Betony Rue acknowledges each of the arrivals into her den and gestures toward the dining room table set up with light refreshments if any of them appear to be carrying something to contribute to the harvest gathering. Upon the table, each of the changelings will notice colorful fresh fruits and vegetables have been meticulously sliced and arranged in attractive platters near urns of various dipping sauces. The buttery scent of freshly-baked goods fills their nostrils with hints of sugar, cinnamon and exotic herbs from the covered baskets on display next to the bowls of toasted pumpkin seeds. The carnivores present might even notice their stomachs growling as eyes are caught by the enticing sight of bacon wrapped dates and other hors d'oeuvres. Finally, a large punch bowl filled with some thick, blood red ice-filled concoction temptingly sits at the far end of the table next to pitchers of ice water. While nowhere near as elaborate or mouth-watering as Mrs. Rosemary's culinary efforts, the newly-crowned Autumn Queen has still provided an impressive spread of fresh and healthy food for her guests.

"Paladin. Lady Scrivener. You are welcome in my home. Make yourselves comfortable."

The circle of candle flames surrounding her head flicker slightly as Betony Rue glowers at the monkey man.

"Mr. Adin. You are also... welcome."

6. Likes TheMalkCat, DrDog liked this post

"Thank you," Stripes says simply.

Social graces weren't always his strong point. A few talks with Betony Rue though and the tiger was well aware of how much the ogress valued proper manners from her guests. The tiger takes a few of the dates and baked goods, and starts to relax as he eats them. He gives a nod to Ava, glad to see the newer autumn wasn't scared off, and smiles at Al's enthusiastic entrance.

The tiger hadn't been aware that Spring's Prince of Joy was invited, but Betony seemed okay with it.

Well, as much as she was okay with anything.

"Hi, Al!" Stripes says, a bit louder than some might consider proper. "You doing alright?"

There's something about the monkey's excitement that's just infectious. And Stripes can feel that excitement starting to grow as he reminds himself Autumn is coming back to power in the freehold. Maybe not in numbers, but definitely in season.

Mary Lee
    Mary Lee

PRE

Mary strolls into the venue, perhaps a bit fashionably late, after reflecting on her own relative seniority in the Freehold and the fact she'd never actually spoken with Betony Rue before. Apparently the departure of her handsome bedwarmer has spurred her to be more active in the world.

Smiling and nodding to every familiar face, her nose wrinkles for just a moment at healthy food being offered instead of one of Rosemary's decadent displays of culinary excess. The scent of butter reassures her, however, and she is smiling again when she approaches the Queen of the Season.

"Hello! I hope all is well?"

Tally Benoit

Merits:

Court Goodwill(Summer) •
    Eidetic Memory
    Fleet of Foot •••
    Hedgespun Wolf Whistle ••
    Fast Reflexes •

Health: [][][][][][][][]
    Clarity: •••••••
    Willpower: ••••••
    Glamour: 9/10

Beast Blessing:

8a when Animal Ken skill and spend Glamour to a die to dice pools involving Pre and Com.

Curse:

Suffer -4 to untrained Mental skills. No 10-again with Intelligence pools

Kith Blessing:

Tooth and Claw: Causes Lethal Damage instead of Bashing when fighting unarmed.

Freehold Commendation Benefits:

+ 1 to Clarity degeneration roll and + 1 to Brawl

PRE

Tally arrives at the boarding house, she makes sure to knock before coming through the door. She smiles at the gathering, greeting the soon to be Queen of Autumn first before the others, "Hello, Ms Jasons. I hope you are well."

She's wearing an orange hoodie sweater and faded blue jeans plus black runners. I hope none of the drama from Summer Coronation will happen today. She mentally prays as she begins to greet the others, "Hey Mary. Yo Al! Stripes! Oh, hey, I'm Tally Benoit, Courtless." She introduces herself to Ava, she's seen Ava a few times in the past, she just doesn't recall introducing herself to the Nix.

S
    Saeyer

Startled by Al-Adin's energetic introduction, Ava blinked for a moment before easing back into her smile and taking his extended hand, shaking it firmly. "Its nice to meet you too. I'm Ava, and I don't think we've met before." It wasn't every day someone introduced themselves as the Prince of Joy; she spent a long moment trying to remember if that was one of the Spring Court titles.

If it is, should I be introducing myself as Scrivener? Thoroughly uncomfortable with the idea, she decided against it.

She echoed Stripes', "Thank you," to Betony Rue and glanced briefly between the monarch and the exuberant Spring. They didn't exactly seem like each other's type of people, from what she could tell., but she was more than happy to consider that none of her business. The arrival of two others caught her attention, both of whom she had seen before but never spoken to. Taking a step out of the way to allow those who came in to greet the Queen, she eyed the food wistfully and licked the corner of her mouth. No, not yet. Later.

At Tally's introduction she focused back on the people around her and smiled. "Hi Tally, I'm Ava. Pleasure to meet you. I saw you at the last Coronation." And maybe the one before that, too. Regardless, it was nice to finally get a name to a peripherally familiar face.

Honestly it was just nice to be meeting more of the Freehold- maybe it was the size of the usual gatherings or just the nature of parties, but she usually seemed to find herself leaving knowing maybe two more people than she had going in. At least she was already ahead of that curve, here.

Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

After several false starts Green turned his ponderous tread to Edna's Boarding House, not quite knowing what to expect. He didn't particularly want to spend time in the presence of the unnerving Queen of Autumn, but he knew that on this occasion, he didn't have a choice. He felt the Wyrd move within him: the chains of his Freehold Oath, already weak and brittle, sputtered with the last of their dying power. It was time to renew his Oath.

"Uh. Hello? Is this the place?" he asks, somewhat dubiously from the threshold. Hand running across the lintel, the mountain ponders just how he's going to squeeze inside.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
Closed Thread