Ended
Watch
11 - 13
DISPLAYED
A random encounter

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

He was interested in the boarding house? Good. He did look like he needed the help and she was glad he was looking. She wasn't sure she would've been able to convince him to go if he had not wanted to. Morgan was well aware of how stubborn she and her fellow beasts could be to stay "in their territory" so to speak. She nodded her head when Jason asked more about the boarding house.

She was getting better at not watching his teeth but the motor-mouth only shifted down a couple gears, "Oh, no-nope don't live there. Have nice-dinky apartment with loud-party neighbors. L-like it, always noise and glam--erm club favorite take out. R-right, Edna's Boarding House chat about. Oh that's the name, heh, I a-already said-done yes? Yes. Heh, mention Ms Jasons, fees? Fees, erm, folks I saw there paid cash and favors when I was there. Uh, the inside-outside looks...er layout?" She thought for a moment, closing her eyes as she did her best to recall the layout of the building. It wasn't hard, she had a good memory for terrain but kept her eyes closed as she spoke. This left her words at a more sedate pace, "Kinda scary looking, tall, grim exterior with a big porch. The porch opens into a nice parkour-no-no-no, PARLOUR. The parlour is large and cozy, with comfy seats and a table. I think the rooms are on the second floor, perhaps a third floor exists or rooms on first floor. I didn't check or get a tour. The boarding house has a large, well furnished kitchen. Half the size of my place and includes the big appliances too..." The beast paused for a moment as something popped into her mind. She eyes shot open before she facepalmed, "Stupid-stupid, give you the address right? Um, sure have it or not then know the way. Feel free ask more too." She did have it on her phone, surprise. The raccoon may have trouble with computers but that difficulty didn't seem to extend to her cell. She told Jason the address.

Police stations seemed an odd choice for landmarks to the raccoon. Then again, what with people sometimes upset over where she practiced parkour she didn't like to get the cops attention. Oh she knew where a few were near her short-cuts. Wouldn't do to hop a fence or roof jump somewhere that got guns pointed at you. Or arrested, "P-police stations are maybe-bit iffy. I, heh, do parkour and sometimes folks complain. Just walk-jog past but some are in Free--club area. L-like a cops memorial next to the capital musuem-never-practice-there. A-and a big sheriff's complex is couple blocks North of there. Silly-name, no hats-spurs a-and only one building has folks with right star-pin-badge." The raccoon was unaware that said badges represented a federal agency instead of the sheriff's office. Not that she'd even try to find out. "Heh-haven't seen insides of any, very-good-that. Oh, heh-heh, did see one I think had shiny-solar stuff on the roof...not sure where though. Pretty-truly sure passed others in past in places...um, heh-heh, sorry lots look alike 'cept from front." Which was true, a couple police stations looked like they'b been cast from the same mold to the raccoon. Which was probably the actual case for design efficiency. "W-would talking about the f-front entrance-sides help?"

D
    DamoclesImpaled

I wouldn't have pegged her for a mental giant, but she seems to have a good memory. That's one point in her favor, at least. It was impressive to be able to remember so many details, though Morgan's motor mouth made it difficult for Jason to really absorb it all for himself. At least he got the address to the Boarding House... it would be good if he could finally find a place to stay that wasn't a common gathering place for the homeless. The fact that it was run by a Changeling meant it would be all the more convenient, what with the fact that he wouldn't have to worry about drawing mortal attention.

He tried to remember any more details about the station, but it was ultimately fruitless. If anything, it only made him more unsure of himself as the Hunterheart vaguely recalled a similar memory that was in Los Angeles, not Sacramento. Letting out an aggravated sigh, he shook his head at the other Beast. "Just forget about the police station. It doesn't matter. What's in the past isn't important here in the present." Despite saying this, Jason was still very much concerned about his past. The past could come back to bite you when you least expected it and given what bad luck he'd experienced in his life up to that point, he wasn't eager to forget about it. But bothering Morgan about something when he himself was so shaky on the details.

There was one thing he was a little curious about, though. It might not seem immediately relevant to Morgan, but in Jason's mind it stemmed from his concern about his blurry memories. "Hey... tell me something. You killed your Fetch?" This probably wasn't a comfortable topic for most Lost but the Hunterheart sometimes had a penchant for letting his curiosity get the better of his sense of social etiquette. In the Summer Court, having a dead Fetch was very much a common trait. In fact, in certain Freehold Summer courtiers had to kill their Fetch as initiation. It was almost like hazing, really. Surprising or not, Jason was not among those that had destroyed their doppelganger and he found the whole subject simultaneously interesting and terrifying.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan was a little confused but just shrugged it off. If Jason didn't want to talk about the police stations then he didn't. He'd seemed interested at first but if he wished to focus on now rather then before she could respect that choice. "Okay, heh, guess makes sense if you say so." She idly wondered if he was quoting someone since it did sound a little philosophical. She didn't think much on the subject herself.

The Hunterheart's next question was a big surprise, the Steepscrambler's own surprise was plain as day upon her face. Worry came next as she looked around to make sure there weren't any mundanes in earshot (there weren't). If there had the odd term could be explained as having to do with one of those computer game things, probably. Besides, killing was not her forte', she tended to opt for retreat. About the only thing she probably killed was a briar-wolf back in Chicago. Well, if the briar-wolf was certain to have died eventually from what she'd done to it.

When she looked back from searching she froze. Then shifted her gaze away from the Jason's teeth again before speaking in a lowered tone. There may not be any mundanes in sight but the Beast felt it best not to risk it, "Th-that is not the best thing to speak on in p-public or loudly. Club stuff is not something normal folks need to hear about a-and excusing-lying about it is difficult sometimes. B-b-besides, heh, don't think I had one. Not Keepers took me, 'lings did--not club members." A tremor went through her, whether wrath or fear at the memory she couldn't say. She was better about this then more recent frights. Despite this she was sure that changes to her voice as she spoke on was not from fear. No, the light growl in her voice was a sign of hate, "Pirates-privateers-slaver traitor bastards. Fuckers s-sold us-me. Dead now, killed off by others-very good that. Saw one hang. Bastards can't make fetches, cover their tracks differently."

Though whether the lack of a fetch was a blessing or curse she couldn't say. There was a whole can of worms when it came to fetches and what to do about them. She'd heard some serious arguments on that in Chicago. Kill 'em, ignore them, befriend them, moral issues, and once somebody suggested fusion, whatever that meant. Morgan had just avoided all of it, having enough trouble simply figuring out what to call herself. "S-sorry, can't really-honestly say much too much about it. Kinda ignored the talk-shouts about fetches in Chicago, heh-heh. I, uh, think there are some in t-town that have done that a-and probably others that came here to avoid doing that. N-not sure which are which. You'd probably have to ask."

At least Morgan was doing well at maintaining her calm.

4. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread