Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Werewolf: The Forsaken on the Wiki
Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
THREADID

(Tur) Planning check

Page 4 of 11 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last

Morello nodded to Tony. "I would be grateful. Jamie helped get it bandaged after the fight," she continued, nodding towards the Blood Talon, "but there's not much to be done without the Rite, at least as far as I know."

The bone shadow grew quiet as she listened to Lily recount the grisly fate of those who had seen the face of Luna's warrior children. A mistake had been made but there wasn't a reminder more powerful than an innocent's death. She doubted anyone would forget it. Thankfully, she hadn't been the cause of it. She had come close, when she felt the bite of the bastard Anshega's knives, but she'd been able to reign in her blood-lust.

Her eyes tracked over to Jesse then, as he stammered on the ground, and though she felt a bit of distaste, her mind remained fixed on the mystery of the Pure using silver. In the tales she'd been told, that had never happened before. Perhaps that was why a Firstborn was granting visions.

Jeremiah Daniels
    Jeremiah Daniels

PRE

Jeremiah blinks and his eyes remain closed as the full impact of what he had done hits him. An innocent life lost and another's destroyed. All from himself, being what he is. How can I repay the life of a child? ... I can't. The Crescent Ghost opens his eyes and looks over the others. Wondering, briefly, what sins they have.

Never again.

Steel tenses at Jeremiah's confession, he can see the weight falling on his friend's shoulders.

The rahu can't think of a thing to say to ease the burden. The pain of killing...

Well, innocents is probably too strong a word for his friends from his time before the first change. He can still remember the blood that covered him when he woke after that. It was probably only the sudden rush of being drawn into the Iron Masters that kept him from lingering on the deaths as much as Jer seemed to be now. And that was even after Jer probably hadn't touched the poor kid.

Hence, Steel simply lays a reassuring hand on Jeremiah's shoulders. Alpha or not, the Ithaeur still needs a friend around. One that's not whipping up a quip this time to try and lighten the mood. Kevin's arrival only serves to make Steel feel a bit less crummy about being so late.

"Hey Kev, we'll get you caught up in a minute," Steel offers.

Elaine bristles at the news of unneeded casualties. Was that really necessary? stopped shy of her lips, however. He was neither Rahu, nor a professional fighter, and he did not strike her as the most perceptive of perceivers. He would never know if it were necessary, because he lacked the appropriate insight she'd found twice.

Seeing her sister immediately make an effort to help the man, and not believing she could do more, Elaine instead stays back, quiet, and watches the area for anything suspicious or out of place. With so many People coming together here, the odds of someone being unwittingly followed were sharply elevated. So her inherent level of alert followed suit, and she stood sentry.

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (Timid), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

Daniel shakes his head in regret.

"We don't have the resources to humanely deal with Lunacy here. Can't keep 'em from harming themselves until they regain some sanity."

The rest he keeps to himself: the doubts and the pain. They could knock the man and the child out and tie them up. They could separate them or carry them to a hospital.

Who am I kidding, really?

There is a fair bit of disgust at himself for all this hypocrisy. They couldn't do jack: the Tur was being attacked. If it weren't, he'd probably would have had to, at least, kill the father to make sure the Oath wasn't violated.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"After the meeting then." Tony said to Tracy, obviously distracted. He was silently seething at Lily's recollection and Jeremiah's confession. At this point he knew not to point fingers, but someone had to say something. This couldn't become a regular occurrence. Tony was barely able to cope with one Anshega, a group of shotgun toting hunters was sure as hell beyond his ability to defend against.

"We need to be more careful in the future, not just because of the casualties, but because of the attention it will draw from a certain better-armed-then-usual part of the Herd." Tony said to the pack at large before turning to Daniel. "The father will need to be dealt with somehow in the near future, and his sanity is no longer a variable in the equation. He knows more then he should, and the herd must not know."

Tony folded his arms and briefly looked down at the hand that was so recently covered in blood. He desperately hoped they could find a peaceful resolution, but part of him was horrified a crimson pattern was about to form.
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

Aeneas
    Aeneas

PRE

"Ah says we watch and wait. I seen that paper too! They says he's goin' down, probably crazy after what he saw. Herd seem to think so too. So let the herd deal with it. This once." He cast his gaze around the group. "Ah says we can afford one slip up and thats it. We've had the one slip up. An ah's not pointing no fingers, cause we at war and them poor herd folks got in the way. But we's gotta do better. We's Urdaga an' that means somethin'! If it don't mean nuttin', then we's just anshega only worse. Them's brainwashed fools can't help it. We can."

8. Likes Matamune liked this post

Firebringer

PRE

Herd. Firebringer quickly found himself quickly growing bored. Sure, some of them could be a royal pain in the tail if they fixated on you, but concern for their well-being? As well show concern for deer, or squirrels. They weren't People.

Drifting away from the main conversation, he approaches Tracey Morello and Peter Morgan . "The two of you fought bravely, when the Anshega had you cornered. My pack was destroyed in their strike on the city. I'm looking to rebuild."

10. Likes Yumyumcrow, DrDog liked this post
    D
    DamoclesImpaled

Peter wasn't really focused on the ongoing discussions, though he probably should have been. His mind was wandering elsewhere, unable to stop focusing on the very sore subject of their attackers. No Forsaken felt love for the Pure. But watching them tear apart the only mentors he had when he'd just been introduced to the hectic life of the People certainly didn't endear them any more to Peter. He eyed Tracey quickly and felt a pang of guilt as he was reminded of her injuries. There are a few scars that'll probably never heal... I may not be a fighter, but I should have done more for the only real friend I've got left.

Just as he was stewing on these thoughts, none other than the Anshega Bogeyman walks over and says the Elodoth had fought bravely. Needless to say, this came as a complete surprise to Peter. Maybe Tracey had fought bravely, taking multiple Wolves armed with silver weapons head-on, but he hadn't felt like he'd contributed much at all. The fact that the guy that the Pure referred to as 'Godslayer' was paying him a compliment almost made Peter pinch himself. Instead, managing to actually keep his composure at a crucial moment for once, he simply nodded his head respectfully towards the more senior Wolf and glanced towards Tracey. "It would be an honor, truly. But my friend did much more of the fighting, so I think her opinion is important in this matter." It was a bit of a sudden decision to be given, joining up with a new Wolf out of the blue. Not that he didn't mind the extra protection, but now seemed like a time when Tracey's particular calm and zen would be appreciated. Besides, I've never known her to make a stupid decision... well, at least not for a good reason.

Jeremiah Daniels
    Jeremiah Daniels

PRE

Jeremiah had been waiting for Firebringer to say something. Anything. Instead he had made his way over to some of the new wolves. Relief and confusion conflict for a moment before Jeremiah pulls his mind back in.

"When it comes down to it. The father is my responsibility. I could have taken a safer form but I didn't. Thus I will do it." Jeremiah says bluntly to Tony and Daniel. "The Anshega are a bigger problem, the only problem really. For the moment the father is the only human I know of who has caused a scene due to any of us. That leaves the threat that pushed us out of our homes."

Page 4 of 11 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last